[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online advertising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: mock1.png (3MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mock1.png
3MB, 1920x1280px
What's a good CPC for ads for my online marketplace business?

Results of testing so far:
Google AdWords: $1.20 - $1.50 per click
LinkedIn Ads: ~$5 per click
Facebook Ads: $1.00 - $1.20 per click
Twitter Ads: $0.15 - $0.20 per click

Why the hell is Twitter so good? And what should my targets be for CPC on these platforms anyway?
>>
different on different platforms and depends on lots variables; on adwords, for example, they have the Ad Rank shit that can be improved by improving your landing page and the ads themselves -- better CTR equals better Ad Rank with then amounts to a lower CPC.

The biggest factor of course is your competition, therefore I can't give you a standard or average cpc for a platform. For mesothelioma-related ads on Adwords (which are among the most expensive) the average is something like $70 per click.

On Facebook, I've gotten less than 0.01 cpc a few times with super-targeted, specific ads.

Remember that overpromising in your ads can lead to a better ctr and lower cpc but lower conversion rate, as your landing page might then feel inconsistent with what the ad promised, but sometimes it works out great. So you need to try different degrees of lying to see how your audience responds.
>>
>>1837355
also,

>Why the hell is Twitter so good?

there isn't as much competition because the traffic isn't as good (isn't converting as well for whatever reason).

If you were to invest some time into facebook ads and find that you were able to make 1 out of every 3 visitors into a customer, and each customer averages $100 in sales, your cost-per-acquisition is $33.33, so you can afford to spend up to $33.33 per click and still break even. But does that mean that spending $1000 on facebook ads is going to get you as many sales as spending $1000 on twitter?

No, not necessarily. Twitter could be sneaking in worthless bot traffic, might have people misclicking on ads, one might include mobile traffic that doesnt convert as well because your landing page has a long form not conducive to typing on a phone, whatever. Facebook and Adwords are generally better traffic and I would start there, but you have to consider the mindset of users on each platform. (People on facebook traditionally don't do as well for conversions that require them to spend money, for example, because they're not in a buying mode like they are when they're searching google and click on an adwords ad).
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.