[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should there be a market for human organs? Why can organ only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: dess-ka.png (233KB, 524x541px) Image search: [Google]
dess-ka.png
233KB, 524x541px
Should there be a market for human organs?
Why can organ only be donated anyways.
>>
>>1836908
there is dude. there is a market for everything. check the deepweb
>>
>>1836914
I mean a legal market.
So far, the only arguments against it are mainly moral.
For example, it incentivizes murder or pain.
This already happens when you get into a car accident and if your liscence has "ORGAN DONOR", the doctor would rather let you die than try to save you.

Are there any actual arguments for legal organ market?
>>
>>1836914
Think he means a legal one
>>
>>1836938

#fedoratip
#fakenews
>>
>>1836941
Real valuable comment here, I hope you contribute more.
>>
>>1836908
>>1836938

It's hard to justify one when the only organs are from actual humans.

First, you'd need substantial legal protections for people selling their own organs. But this only counts toward organs that you can get rid of and be alive after - such as kidneys, lungs, some of your liver, etc. You'd also have to prevent corporations from just harvesting random people's dead organs - cause otherwise you'd have a financial incentive as a corporation/organ broker to have people die or just outright kill them.

For more critical organs, the only way that it'd work is if life insurance policies cut their premiums substantially if you volunteer to donate your organs after death.

Basically, the protection system would require a way to track the organ back to person the donated it and who would have been authorized to take the organ. This would help in verifying proper consent and compensation was given.

Even then, the majority of organs that would then be available for harvesting would simply be unusable. Either for diseases that the individual may have, or damage from lifestyle choices (srsly, who'd want the average American's heart?), or the fact that they're not a match for anyone available. For a live person, you'd need to be able to pay for the surgery to safely remove the organ + transportation cost to the hospital while still running a profit.

You'd have to do this all while relatively free donations still exist - such as some rando without life insurance dying on his motorcycle, but he checked the organ donor box at the DMV. Or Mary Sue's aunt is a match for a kidney donor, so the aunt just gives her spare kidney to Mary Sue for free.

Synthetic organs would be more viable for commercializing. No need to protect the donor of the organ, because there's none. They could be tailored to match the recipient without need of worry for diseases or the organ soon failing after transplant.
>>
>>1836908
>Should there be a market for human organs?
>Why can organ only be donated anyways.

There is, its just not for the general public
hospitals sell blood to eachother on an hourly basis, based on how much blood of bloodtype ___ has been donated at each hospital

and organs are donated, if you want one you either wait in line, or track down someone with matching tissue types and give them "gifts" so that they decide to donate their kidney to you

if people could demand monetary rewards for donating body parts then no one would donate them, and no one would get any life saving surgery

and I think the red cross has a monopoly on the market for organs
>>
>>1836995
if people have way better incentives than feeling gud, they would stop
>biz
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.