[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make money off of youtube or your own site on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: yt_1200-vfl4C3T0K.png (17KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
yt_1200-vfl4C3T0K.png
17KB, 1200x1200px
How do you make money off of youtube or your own site on the Internet or a combination of those + social media?

Let's assume you have at least 30,000 views per video you make.

Let's assume you make at least 1 video a week.

Let's assume you are doing an automotive show (we are assuming this because that's what I do).

How do you make money? I see so many people semi-retired making one video a week or even a month and they are damn near in a perpetual state of vacationing. How can I reach that level?
>>
Not with ad revenue, I'll tell you that. 30k a week is too low, and with 1 video a week you'll never build a backlog (don't even know how much this is a thing in automotion - do people care about old stuff?).

It's really more of a vehicle to build an audience. After 3-5 years you'll have built a loyal audience and some brand recognition. Then you do promotions (aka selling out) or start living comfortably from user contributions (tip jars, Patreons, paid subscriptions, etc). If you can't build a mass following in a target demographic that interests coporations for endorsements basically 29,800 of your 30k views are worthless to you. And of the remaining 200 chipping in with real money, you could probably do without 180 putting in less than 5 bucks. The whole endeavour is a front to attract the 20 people among 30,000 who are big spenders, don't care about the money and built a personal affinity for your content over the last 5 years that makes them willing to support you. A career in the arts like the one you're thinking about is only viable if you produce something with mass appeal or if you attract wealthy patrons.
>>
>>1836135
You're gonna want to reach out to local automative companies (products, dealerships, and brands). Approach them with your viewers data in hand, eg "I get 30,000 views/week. 70% are between the age of 18-35, and 60% are from the state of Louisianna" You might be able to land some influencer marketing that way.

If that sounds like too much work I would suggest you white label your own car care product and sell it online. Like buy 300 bottles of car wash soap, get your own name and logo printed on the bottles and sell for profit.
>>
You don't make shit off youtube ad money alone unless you're in the millions of views. Your goal is to do affiliate marketing or sell some branded shit, or otherwise try to get them to go to some other site where you're selling something.
>>
It are usually hobbyists that make it, because you literally need to spend all your time on getting popular.
>>
File: 1472186628382.jpg (22KB, 430x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472186628382.jpg
22KB, 430x500px
>>1836135
SHUT UP, I DONT NEED A CELERY

IM A YOUTUBE

G A M E R
A
M
E
R
>>
On a youtube related topic, I'm making youtube videos that seem well-received by those that watch them, and my channel is steadily gaining steam. I'm trying to figure out where I can shill them without wearing my welcome thin. I've tried reddit and 9gag (please kill me it hurts) and 9gag seems more receptive to shilling (read: gullible), but I want to see it grow more. I won't go into too much detail but it's pretty much stupid, simple videos with a theme that makes it easy to churn out stuff twice a week without putting in much thought, and usually illicits a 'wtf' reaction.
>>
>>1836180
CPM in the car niche is pretty high I think.
If he can get like 100k passive views a month that is pretty good.
1 million views a month and you are making more for your time than any wagecuck with any education (commutecucking = death)
>>
>>1836397
Wrong, depends on the niche. In some niches with less than 1 million you can make a living, but its hard to make views on those niches
>>
>>1836385
>Like buy 300 bottles of car wash soap, get your own name and logo printed on the bottles and sell for profit.
Nobody will buy shit unless you are pretty famous and charismatic. Better to focus on improving ad revenue which is guaranteed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.