[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consulting general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: consulting.gif (81KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
consulting.gif
81KB, 400x238px
Let's have a management consulting thread.

I landed an internship in the field and I'm curious about the future.

Assuming I'll nail the internship, I'll get an offer for when I'm graduating from my master's program.

>is it worth all the time spent on the job?
>what kinda jobs do people land after spending 2-4 years in management consulting?
>>
>management consultant
>internship
>no actual management experience

How the hell does someone with no experience have legitimacy at giving advice/consulting?
>>
>>1833854
You typically work as part of a team with the client, the team is made up of people with various experiences and run by a partner or engagement manager, who does have experience.

As an intern people will typically be performing data analysis, testing hypotheses, and presenting data to the team and the client (management consulting is gay for excel and powerpoint masturbation).

They also have access to to the consultancies information, gleaned from working with other companies they have knowledge on industry best practice that the client does not so that's how they have legitimacy and ability to give advice.

As for your question about legitimacy, the big 3 are arguably the most prestigious companies in the world in terms of where the employees end up after they leave (normally into upper management and c-suite at big companies).
>>
Maybe this is a good thread for this but I just got an interview for an entry level solar energy associate from solar homes. Is this a legit business? The salary States 60-100k but I have no real business experience. What to heck m8s
>>
>>1833811
Sup, i'm a BCG intern returning in the summer for a full time Consultant role. Good luck with your internship OP, it's an incredible ride.
>>
>>1835138
I'm pumped. Thanks buddy.

This is also a shameless self-bump.
>>
>>1833874
What are the big 3 for consulting? I've literally only heard of Accenture. Thought it was just really dominant
>>
>>1833963
Your gonna end up with a bag on your head in the back of a van and your organs on silk road
>>
File: enceladus.jpg (1MB, 2848x1602px) Image search: [Google]
enceladus.jpg
1MB, 2848x1602px
How the fuck do you get into consulting if you didn't go in straight after college?

Got 2 years experience in a tech startup, business MSc, and want to break in, but it kind of seems like Undergrad and MBA are the only possible routes of entry
>>
>>1835786
Big 3 for Consulting are:
McKinsey & Co
Boston Consulting Group
Bain & Co
=MBB

But there exist other high tier strategy consultories like PWCs Strategy& (former Booz & Co) or deloittes Monitor Group and so on...
>>
>>1835915
Nice gotta try it out one day
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.