[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business or economics degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /biz/, whats in your opinion (and please fundament your comments) the most useful degree so as to get a job? Business or economics?
Ill be starting college soon and I cant really get to decide, is business really a meme degree or can it actually help me more than economics in order to get a job in the future?
>>
accounting
>>
>>1832498
You can't study economics within a business degree at your school? I'm majoring in finance and economics in my business degree
>>
>>1832498
>>1832548
Some schools house Economics under the social sciences, rather than in the business school. However, there's a significant amount of overlap in the coursework in my experience. At my university, there are four tracks for Econ: Applied (uses lots of classes from the B school, light on math, heavy on concepts) Quantitative (math heavy, meant as prep for grad work / PhD studies), Public Policy (Meant for poli-sci doubles and would-be legislators), and Analytical (focuses more on big data analysis). Personally, I can say Economics depts don't focus on giving you the same interpersonal skills that Bschool demands, but you can often develop these with extra-curriculars or seminars jointly operated with the business school.
Without telling us your career aspirations, we're forced to make some assumptions. You know what they say about when you assume.

I'm doing Economics / Finance / Accounting in undergrad because it lines up well and I'll graduate in 9 semesters. Wherever you go, examine the degree programs, sit through some classes for each, and make your decision based on which one you think you'd be more comfortable spending more time learning about, and which you feel you'd be more successful with. It doesn't matter what you study, but how much you study and how well you can translate it to get your job.

tl;dr Don't study management; your choice is between Econ, Finance, Accounting, or Math. Choose based on what you're good at.
>>
I'd take mechanical engineering, software engineering or finance if I could do it again. Am civil engineer
>>
>>1832663
Got a job 2 months after graduation btw
>>
>>1832609
Forgot to mention, whatever you do, make sure you allocate more than the necessary amount of time to studying. Learn the concepts that are required of you, and then learn more advanced concepts that are tangentially related or otherwise interesting to you. This is especially crucial when learning to operate in programs like Eviews, Excel, and others. A little extra knowledge and some polish will go a long way in an interview. You'd be surprised how many dopes don't know how to do vlookups or arrays.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.