[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: i like cheese.png (175KB, 457x516px) Image search: [Google]
i like cheese.png
175KB, 457x516px
Why do people treat the latest shitcoin or stock like a lottery ticket. Say whatever it is doubles in price, that's a huge gain, but it's still just scraps.

When bitcoin was $100 nobody was buying them up in anticipation of $1000. When it hits $10,000 people will be saying the same damn thing.

Is moving weight the only viable strategy or should one invest time in finding a company they think will have 10x, 100x, 1000x gains?
>>
>>1830922
The thing with cryptocurrency the whole idea is such a financial black swan that one of these currencies may (i believe will) become the next world currency with a market cap in the quadrillions. Making even minor holders ridiculously wealthy.

My moneys on Ethereum
>>
>>1830932
This

Ethereum has a fair chance but they have to rush the project to avoid other compititors and it'll be dropped and forgotten if they make any bigger mistakes
>>
>>1830932
bitcoin and other currencies becoming world currencies is almost guaranteed now. All the governments in the world are complete shit and corrupt.
>>
>>1830932
>>1830942
>He unironically thinks currency not controlled by a central bank will become widely used

kek,fucking retards
>>
>>1830947
Bitcoin has had it's day. It tried and failed. It is also not technically capable of doing things that ethereum can do. The world needs a blockchain settlement layer not a clunky fucking chinese adding machine.
>>
>>1830952
I think youll find its already widely used
>>
>>1830932
>>1830942
Yeah I sort of think like that too, there's a bunch of the storage ones too.

I didn't mean for this to be solely about crypto. Some anon mentioned that one of their stocks panned out and they didn't have to work anymore. And I was just thinking how they either took a huge risk or got astronomically lucky.
In my opinion you don't win the lottery if you don't play, but that doesn't mean you should be too vested in the outcome.

>>1830947
>>1830952
>tfw unironically welcome the new world order if it means I'm the wealthy elite

>>1830956
bitcoins only problem is that it sucks unless you use it in a centralized manner
>>
>>1830959
>HURR DURR CRIMINALS USE MUH PIXEL GOLD JHEJHEJE WIDELY USED@#@!1! COFFE SHOPS NEXT 2 THE M00N

Kill urself
>>
>>1830964
No i think you should probably kill yourself. If you don't like cryptocurrency now, you're going to absolutely hate the future.
>>
>>1830932
As a poor guy who just bought a little eth i hope you are right. Can't tell you how awesome it would be to wake up one morning and see like a million dollars in my account.
>>
>>1830981
>wake up one morning and see like a million dollars in my account.

That's the thing it won't happen overnight. Say you have 10 Eth
It goes from $10 to $100,000
You'd notice. The world would turn upside if this happened.
>>
>>1830981
Thats the beauty of cryptocurrency. From the richest man in america to the poorest poorfag in africa. it is open to all.

Those who are late to the party will lose it all
>>
>>1831000
>the world will turn upside down

Whos to say it was the right way up in the first place?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.