[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School orgs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

I realize this is a business & finance board and not about school, but I'm going to assume there are at least a few people here who were biz majors.

There's a chapter of the Financial Management Association at my school and I've been interested in joining it, but I'm really paranoid about groups that ask you to pay dues just to attend their events. They have speakers from good companies come in (today they have some people from BNY Mellon), but I don't think they talk about any specific topics, just about their company and why you should apply there.

In my mind, if I want to know more about BNY Mellon or BoA or wherever, I don't need to pay dues each semester, I can just do my own research and apply online if I decide I'd want to intern there.

Even in terms of networking, it seems to me that groups like this aren't really helpful, as they just make you aware of networking opportunities, they don't really offer opportunities that you wouldn't have otherwise. It really just seems like something to put on a CV, but even then, unless you get voted into a leadership position, is it really anything special to just be a member?

Idk, am I being a faggot or am I kind of on the money about this type of school organization?
>>
>>1827495
mba student here

90% is for networking opps.

u sure are confident about your networking abilities.

i find those orgs well worth the cost just to have an excuse to talk to people at where i want to be.
leadership roles in the org can also be resume'd and discussed in interviews
>>
>>1827513
I didn't mean to come off like I can network better than anyone in those clubs, I just meant that most of the opportunities for networking are available to anyone. Even within the club, I could meet and talk to the members without having to join the organization. I realize it's easier to relate if we're in the same club but my point is that it doesn't seem to give any exclusive opportunities, just makes a few things a little easier maybe.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.