[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landscaping / Gardening Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: home-design.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
home-design.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
Has anyone here started a landscaping business? I'm really interested in giving it a try. Please share experiences and tips. Would this be a good business to start on the weekends? There are a lot of landscaping businesses in my city so I need to find a way to stand out as well. I have money and a friend who is also interested that can help me.
>>
>>1827229
Lot of fucking work in a niche market.

You will for sure want at least a skid loader.

Like any other biz. Gonna be hard to get off the ground but testimony and pics will help if you git gud.
>>
>>1827229

No idea how you would stand out doing landscaping unless you're renting out goats.

Approach property management companies.
>>
>>1827360

landscaping doesn't really seem like a niche market. I'm thinking of trying to get jobs that don't require heavy machinery to start. Like planting beds of flowers, trees, mowing lawns ect
>>
>>1827777
The jobs that will be worth your time will require heavy machinery. Like the other anon said, you will need a skid steer. Want to mow lawns? You'll need a commercial grade lawn mower, which run more than 10 grand at least, plus a truck and trailer to haul it around. What do you expect for the upfront costs to get the business off the ground?

Heavy machinery makes jobs go a lot faster and that's where you will find your profits at
>>
>>1827826

Are you saying that I can't start a landscaping business with less than $10,000? I'm not trying to be the Steve Jobs of lawn mowing, and I don't want to spend a lot of time talking about equipment, I just want to hear from people that have experience in the industry or have started their own business by themselves or a partner with non commercial grade shit.
>>
>>1827841
>Are you saying that I can't start a landscaping business with less than $10,000?
Well no, and you would need a lot more than that to actually be taken seriously.

Between the ages of 12-15 I guess you could say I had my own landscaping company. I put flyers in my neighbors mailboxes offering things like lawn mowing, leaf raking, plant watering, snow shoveling and other assorted lawn duties, and I'd push my dad's lawn mower and wheelbarrow around the neighborhood taking up jobs. But that was just for candy money.

I'd pay a kid to now my lawn for like $20, but if some bum showed up with a non-commercial lawn mower I'd pass, they aren't actually serious.
>>
>>1827852

I'm going to ignore your demeaning tone because I sense that you are actually trying to help me. I did the same thing as a kid. I don't have much experience running a business which is why I want to keep my initial investment low. This is also the reason I chose landscaping because my friend already has a mower and truck. If successful, I would upgrade my equipment.

I have a few ideas to differentiate my business from the competition. Things like using only plants and flowers native to my geography, offering low prices since my startup costs are low, targeting neighborhoods that are further away from the city, ect.
>>
>>1827229
Try a half pick. Get residents to give you land and water for a raided garden in their yard. You make the garden, fill with vegitables, weed, harvest, market and sell produce at farmers markets, local restraunts, or try a farm-to-door-delivery.
>>
>>1827865
>half pick

please explain. Also, what is in it for the people that give me land?
>>
>>1828084

There are netflicx docs about this. In short, know your local market, socialize with restaurant owners, reap fucktons of cash for random micro greens that are the rage this week.

And if you have to dump 1-2 harvests with zero income because they werent the local rage, so be it, you already made cash this year.... right?
>>
i saw some guy the other day mowing a pipeline right of way field with a push mower lol have a feeling thats where /biz/ landscaping general is headed.
>>
>>1827841
I know a illegal here who grosses a mil and change a year with his landscape company he doesn't use and heavy machinery
>>
>>1827229
The real money comes from people paying you to do landscape design, not being the one getting your hands dirty. You hire Mexicans for that.

Good software, rendering skills, and an eye for design will make you more money than a shovel and some bags of mulch.
>>
>>1828153

What kind of services does he offer?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.