[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

employment and immigration in the 21st century

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: robotblog.jpg (193KB, 1175x1175px) Image search: [Google]
robotblog.jpg
193KB, 1175x1175px
Why do we need millions of unskilled immigrants to "do the jobs we won't do" if robots are going to take 50% of jobs, especially lower skilled ones, in the next 20 years?
>>
Because commies are idiots.

Fucking refugees welcome. Fucking welcome them to your own house if you want them to invade our country.
>>
>>1825116

The lobbyists want cheaper labour for the short and medium term and the hippies and leftists are just braindead and can't think.
>>
>>1825116
Robots aren't going to take many of the low skilled jobs. In most circumstances, it's cheaper to pay some dumb fuck than it is to build a machine to replace him.

Automation is much more prevalent in fields with higher paying positions where it makes more sense to automate someone's job.

Anyways, automation has been replacing people's jobs for 200 years. It's nothing new. It's not a matter of the available technology, it's a matter of labor cost.
>>
>>1825135

>Robots aren't going to take many of the low skilled jobs

Not in the short term or perhaps even medium term. But looking long term you can be rest assured that automation will soak up 90% of jobs
>>
>>1825116
o-oy vey!
>>
>>1825137

Eh, I'm not worried about my job. I do wonder what happens to older adults forced to leave an automated job with no skills elsewhere.
>>
>>1825139

You'd end up as one of two classes of people:

Those that design the machines
Those that maintain the machines
>>
>>1825146

Will they get trained for the skill set though? Or will companies just higher younger workers and force the generation into an esrly retirement?
>>
>>1825155

Hire*
>>
>>1825146

>Those who will own the machines

You forgot one important class that will be well above and eradicate the two you just mentioned when the machine will do all the work (including maintenance and design) without any human interaction and help.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.