[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna start an ali express + shopify eCommerce site for this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1486059813852.gif (2MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486059813852.gif
2MB, 267x200px
I wanna start an ali express + shopify eCommerce site for this Christmas season

what are my overheads?
what do I need?
how can I make sure I actually sell some shit and not just waste money?
>>
>shopify membership
>adverts
>domain
how much am I looking at to break even
>>
are there any cheaper ways?
I can design the website I just need a way to checkout with cards
>>
>>1825051
>>1825153
>>1825191
I'll make your website for $80,000 dollars, also $10,000 a month fo maintenance & hosting
>>
>>1825191
I'd suggest that you get started in arbitrage by buying items on CraigsList, and then selling them on eBay for more, or vice-versa. The only costs you have are the prices you would spend on the items and your time posting the advertisements.

Use this to hone your copy writing skills, which is crucial for eCommerce. At the same time, use your time to find a low cost solution in building a website, compute your operating costs, and keep doing the arbitrage game until you understand the ins and outs of the business. By that time, you should have enough money and the market knowledge to get something off the ground.
>>
>>1825194
I can make websites but I don't know about taking payment and advertising
>>
>>1825209
I'm going to be dropshipping senpai
>>
>>1825051
Use paypal and maybe stripe, I actually just moved a guy over from shopify to a custom site I built and while paypal is on point he has had some (minor) problems with Stripe.

What you need to do if you want to make money anon is start now with a few times and drop some blog posts once a week about the items you plan to sell. Go for cheap hosting right now, work out all the kinks with google webmasters and get your keywords down. All while running 7$ week ads once a month or so on facebook and tweaking them based on performance and narrowing down the base that engages (like recently I've been building up a site with this, and in just the last month I've went from targeting everyone to only targeting males 16-24 who are interested in programming and linux; because those are who clicked.)

Buy October you should have a solid website and enough data that you can run 50$ a week facebook ads and get a decent return (if everything from the ads to the website is optimized with calls to action, you should get orders from most of your clicks.)
>>
what about paypal?
>>
>>1825240
Think I covered what overhead you'll need but just to clarify:

>hosting
>test facebook and google ads (20-40$ a month)
>an account with your dropshipper (may cost
money up front)
>a few hundred$ in facebook and google ads that you run from the end of october until christmas day, with maybe an after Christmas "sale" the last week of the year.
>>
>>1825241
Paypal is great and if shit hits the fan they'll refund you and the customer famalam, they're based af
>>
>>1825247
>>1825243
sweet thanks for the advice
with paypal do I need to pay a subscription to accept card payments? that's my main worry
>>
>>1825412
im pretty sure if youre using shopify and looking to dropship, they have options for payments via standard credit card and paypal. You need to actually pay for a plan before checkout becomes available however. Trial period is purely to get used to/set-up the online store.
>>
>>1826388
can I just make a php site and add a pay with paypal button ?

I want to keep the whole thing as cheap as possible
>>
>>1825220
Drop shipping is a loser's game. Your competition is going to get you to compete on price, buy what you're selling, and then force you to pay for it through charge backs. It's much easier to compete using your own branded product. It's not any fucking harder than drop-shipping and your chances of having much greater margins by not having to deal with a distributor greatly increases.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just sell a cheaper alternative to a hot selling niche product.
>>
>>1827212
So does that mean getting one's own inventory? sorry I think you have made that fairly obvious just wanted to clarify.
>>
>>1825194
I can hire a Pajeet for like 1k
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.