[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long should my trading strategy be successful for before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (114KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 1200x630px
How long should my trading strategy be successful for before a hedge fund or investment bank considers buying it? I've made $7500 in 2 months so far from an initial capital of $1000.

>inb4 why would you want to sell a successful strategy lol

Well I don't want to be a trader all my life. I want to save up money for college as I want to be an academic someday (yeah its a "retarded" dream I know). So if I can make a quick buck something like $250k upfront i would not think twice selling the blueprints of my strategy.
>>
>>1824070

selling your strategy if it was actually the REASON for why you earned this much in such a short time.

I already know you are lying piece of shit
>>
you trading options? penny stocks?
>>
>>1824070
No one buys trading strategies. They hire you or buy your fund. Or you start your own fund.

If your returns of 7500% compounded every two months last - which it likely won't, why bother? In 6 months you'd have 177 million, in 6 more months you'd be the richest man in history.
>>
>>1824070
hedge funds want strategies that can scale

legit strategies that could make you 7500 in two months from 1000 are highly unlikely to be scalable, they'd tend to be intraday stuff

so... if you're genuine, a hedge fund wouldn't likely be interested anyway

even if you are genuine and have good intentions it is much more likely that you've got lucky over a series of risky trades than actually discovering that sort of edge

assuming you're both genuine and it isn't luck then you should just keep trading it - it is of no use to a hedge fund and with those sorts of returns you don't even need to bother with seed capital from a prop shop - your best solution is simply to trade it yourself and keep 100%
>>
>>1824070
>So if I can make a quick buck something like $250k upfront i would not think twice selling the blueprints of my strategy.

makes no sense anyway... at your supposed rate of return you'd exceed that amount within 3-4 months time - it would take you longer than that to market and pitch the idea to firms, deal with lawyers etc..etc.. assuming it was even something they'd be interested in

2 months of returns aren't going to be useful anyway and if you trade it for 6 months more you'll be a millionaire anyway (supposedly)
>>
>>1824070
>I've made $7500 in 2 months so far from an initial capital of $1000.
Real money or on a simulator?
With what kind of stocks?
What leverages?

Not trying to sound like an ass, but likely you just got lucky.

And if you really have a well thought out strategy that enables you to consistently more than septuple your money over the course of two months, you just need another 4 months and you have about half a million dollars to start your academic career.
But you probably should wait another two months and keep trading, because after that, you'd have over 3 millions, and that allows for a really comfy academic living. And all of your future colleagues would love you, since you can probably fund quite a bit of research yourself, instead of hunting for grants. Would probably even be tax deductible.
>>
Soooo, any backtesting?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.