[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if you guys want to bother with this question but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Not sure if you guys want to bother with this question but I am the executor to an estate and trustee to several trusts that going to be set up.

The financial adviser that worked with my grandmother (the estate I now am dealing with) went off the fucking deep end when I told her I was seeking more opinions and options before starting the trusts.

She left me voice mails of her crying and saying that she can do the best job for me and talking to other people isn't what my grandmother wanted as well as that I wasn't doing what I should be and opening myself up to lawsuits because I was mishandling the estate.

I talked with the lawyer managing the will and there is NOTHING stating that I need to say with that particular financial planner or Investors Group in general, the company the lady works for. I was running the math over the last 5 years and even passive vanguard funds out earned the investments my grandmother was in.

I trying to pry money out of a commission based financial adviser always like breaking up with a clingy girlfriend? Anyone have experience with an adviser getting way to personally involved; calling and texting the other beneficiaries?
>>
I have no experience with this, but that's an interesting story. Tell me more.
>>
>>1823810

What do you want to know? I don't actually know which woman is stage 1 and 3 in that picture...
>>
>>1823761
I've never worked with a financial planner, but my gut feeling is you need to the money out immediately.
Smells real fishy.

Be forthright and quickly inform the other beneficiaries, of course. Show them the numbers, but most importantly show them how improper and disconcerting this financial planner is acting - that should scare them away.
>>
>>1823868

The other people are my brother and my two cousins and I basically tell them everything that's going on. The four of us have been talking to different groups/people that cover a good potion of the passive and active management groups (the trusts needs to be a somewhat arms length) that can do the accounting. I personally lost faith with the lady my grandmother worked with after she slightly stole my TFSA account and locked it into a indexed fund for 5 years. The returns she has been getting are between 7.3% and 8.9% yearly, but she has been getting a fee of 2.55% so the overall growth isn't anything special.

The lady was very nice to work with and always helpful but the fees were a bit insane and I am required by law to make the best choices for the trusts. It just feels like she just afraid of loosing ~$12,000 per year she will be taking home.
>>
>>1823891
2.55%.

LOL.

Get the fuck out of there ASAP.
>>
>>1823897

Fucking right!?
>>
>>1823900
Charging 2.55%...to put you in an index fund (which charges .15%).

No wonder she's crying, she knows her free ride is up.
>>
>>1823891
>It just feels like she just afraid of loosing ~$12,000 per year she will be taking home.
That's exactly what it feels like. Also part of me thinks that firms with good returns should have no shortage of clients, so that just makes me ask further questions.

I can't really offer any advice in where to park the inheritance, so I'm not gonna offer a uninformed, larping opinion.
Good luck.
>>
>>1823904

It's the price of going with Investor's Group, they really, really like putting your money into their own shit and the planners get more of a kickback for the sale.

>>1823761

Find someone that don't work on commission and has flat fees if you need to have someone manage the trusts.
>>
>>1823897
>>1823904

I should say that I am in Canuckistan and all of our mutual funds have ridiculous rates.
>>
>>1823943
I too inhabit the hat. ETFs are ETFs wherever you go. Mutual funds are just a lot worse here.

2.55% is fucking rediculous.
>>
>>1823761
They are stealing your money. Get your money out now. you could try to see if you could fuck the whore after you get out pretending you might go back. Watch out of herpes
>>
>>1823761
Yeah, this is pure shit.
People who do their job with pride knowing they maintain your best interests does not end in tears when you try to end their service.

Also; woman be stealing, yo.

GTFO and give that money to Vanguard or Buffet or something.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.