[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: hahaha fucking business.jpg (15KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha fucking business.jpg
15KB, 236x314px
What advice would you give a person who has just landed an office business job? How did you get promotions and defeat competition to get to where you are?
>>
Just bee urself
>>
Read the 48 laws of power.
>>
Also the innovative or smartest people don't get the promotions. The employees that just kiss ass and comply are the ones that stick around and get the promotions.
>>
>>1821383
Learn the business, inside and out, even if it has nothing to do with your current function. You'll realize that people in power don't have the same perspective as you and sometimes, they're wrong. Find a way to contribute to the business and they will have no complaints about keeping you around.
>>
>>1821388
This.

Always "add value", in other words make yourself an asset which literally adds to the company's bottom line, either by saving time and thus money; or through finding solutions that save time and money.

Understand your colleges and bosses, profile them in your mind, know their skills, their responsibilities, and personal strengths and weaknesses.

At the very least it'll allow you to walk away and sidestep office politics and drama; at best you can manipulate your bosses to your own gain.

oh and DO A GOOD JOB. DON'T MAKE ENEMIES.
>>
>>1821398
"Add value". That's pretty much what I was getting at, and it's a no brainer. If you know, to your core, how the company your worker for makes money, and you are in a position to help out, whether by increasing profits or reducing expenses, you are in a sure fire position to get a promotion or at least a bonus. They hire so many "job focused" morons, it's not hard to stand out. If they don't reward that, find another company. It's them, not you. (but be honest with yourself)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.