[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earning an extra 10k a year in North America on the side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
I'm Canadian. After taxes, my take home income is $48k a year. I have about $25k in savings. The $25k is rotting in a savings account and I'm losing money because inflation is probably outpacing what little my bank gives me in interest.

I currently live with room mates. I would really like to get my own place. Where I live, rent for a single bedroom apartment with utilities and parking is about $1000-1200 a month. Spending more than a quarter of my income on rent is pretty painful, so I want some means of supplementing my income.

Is it feasible to earn roughly $10k a year purely through weekend work? I'm a full time wageslave so my only free time is on the weekends. Currently I do virtually nothing on weekends.

Its not likely I will be able to get a 10k increase by trying to move jobs since this is my first job and I only have a few months of experience so far.

I'm willing to make sacrifices and take risks to try and get my own place.
>>
If you work 50 weekends a year, that's only $200, pretty doable

good skill to learn is refereeing, weekends are full of games and most sports are pretty easy to learn the rules for, I used to get up to $25/game and could do 2 in three hours, but never did 8 games a weekend

there's a couple of niche construction jobs that can pay a lot, traffic flagging can be up to $20/hour if you do it on call on weekends and is just a weekend course

if you're making 4k a month at your first job you probably have a degree or trade, if you have a degree tutor asians and if you have a trade you're probably big enough to do some private security

If you had invested that 25k in weed stocks at the beginning of the year you could have made a solid 25-30% already tax free in a tfsa
>>
>>1821178
>weed stocks
Can you clarify?
>>
>>1821213
can't go wrong long on the big 4
canopy growth corp
aurora cannabis
aphria
cronos
>>
>>1821113
Just invest your 25k savings, senpai.

If you aren't a mong you'll get your 10k and have saved yourself some semblance of a life.
>>
i'll suggest what i know, work fri/sat nights in nightlife and rest on sundays, or at least sunday evenings.

idk where you are but im in 416 so ive been doing weekend nightlife work for 3 years now, i think, time flies, it's probably been 4 years now :(

again, speaking from experience, there's three positions out there; waiter, bartender, bar back. you can make $18+/hr being a waiter, but of the three it's the most difficult work, tips depend on where you work, if it's a high scale lounge you can walk away with $200 for the night, but if it's a banquet hall you're lucky to make $20. now bartenders, make $13+ here, they require some sort of training and a hell of a lot of connections (everyone wants to bartend....), the work is by far the easiest of the three and the tips are great pretty much anywhere. lastly, bar back, this is the easiest position to get, you'll make minimum wage and about $20-40 in tips per night working anywhere. What's good about nightlife is the hours, you can pull 10-14 hour days friday (after you finish your day job) and saturday. Sundays are dead but you can find some morning/lunch work, otherwise no one goes out sunday night.

so if you want to go down this path i recommend hitting up everyone in your power base to see if anyone has any connections to getting you a bartending good, then just try not to fuck up and fake it till you make it.
>>
File: page_new.jpg (305KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
page_new.jpg
305KB, 1024x575px
What part-time jobs can I do from home?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.