[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you have 40k in student loan debt and you died. How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: DIG_20040819_105202.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DIG_20040819_105202.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
If you have 40k in student loan debt and you died. How would the bank get your money now after you die?
>>
they revive you and then you have to pay
>>
>>1820898
Sell your organs.
>>
>>1820898
Debts can't be inherited, so they would have to go after what was left in your estate, and reclaim what they could from the value of your belongings.
>>
>>1820905
What if I have my body cremated

>>1820906
What if I didn't own anything valuable
>>
>>1820909
then it's a loss on their books
>>
>>1820909
they would write it off on their taxes probably.
>>
>>1820898

Federal student loan debt is discharged upon death.

If you took out private loans, then those would have to be paid out of your estate. If you have no money upon death, then the estate is bankrupt and the debt is just written off.
>>
INSURANCE

Why do you ask OP? Homework?
>>
>>1820898
My brother an hero in January aged 40.
He had lots of outstanding student loan in the UK. Just dealing with it now. The loan company has life-insurance on the loan to cover them in case you die. I've been dealing with them. They've been surprisingly sensitive; probably because they need your help to prove death.
>>
>>1820938

Sorry for your loss, RIP.
>>
>>1820935

In the US loan debt that is discharged in this manner or forgiven through other means will still count as taxable income for his parents or anybody that originally helped him apply for financial aid. They'll end up footing the bill of an extra 40 grand in income they need to pay taxes on.
>>
>>1820938
rip in peace anon
>>
The money never existed. They create new money out of thin air when they create a loan. It's a big scam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_creation#Money_creation_by_commercial_banks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.