[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CV Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: deep contemplation.png (392KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
deep contemplation.png
392KB, 451x619px
What should a CV look like for a soon to be graduate? I mean, you don't have any professional experience or anything so what the fuck do you even put on it?
>>
>>1819900
I used to fucking loathe and be anxious as fuck for being "of of the million" of graduates

but then I feel better because people like OP are the majority and I already have a kick ass resume.

sux2bu OP
>>
File: kurisu2.jpg (21KB, 393x345px) Image search: [Google]
kurisu2.jpg
21KB, 393x345px
>>1819914
What exactly is the point of this comment? You may have something on your CV but it means absolutely nothing if you're a complete autist and it will show in the interview -_-
>>
felt kinda bad so I thought I'd come back with some useful advice.

1. do you have anything useful to put on your resume?
2. if not, do something useful then put on your resume.

rinse and repeat.

examples include:
>student societies
>voluntary work
>project experience
>other work including part time jobs during study

if you're about to graduate and you have nothing, then I'm sorry to say that you're either going to have to leave it to luck or spend atleast another year doing cheap or free work.
>>
>>1819900
>>1819919
Trust me. posting anime pictures will not help you get a job.

don't be an autist in the interview

what are you graduating? ( and how old are you )
>>
File: maga ok.png (268KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
maga ok.png
268KB, 900x900px
>>1819930
CS, 20
>>
>>1819933
link your github of useless projects.
put most notable projects in the resume.

offer to build apps for people ( even if the app is shit and easy) and say that you've done that consultancy thing.

a portfoilio of work is probably going to be a benefit in this field so do those above two if you haven't already.

still join student societies ( even chess club or anime club ) to show that you can work with people.

do you have any other work or notable experiences with things dealing with other people?

or have you actually just been a live at home shut in neet for 20 of your years on this earth?
(not offensive im trying to work with you here )
>>
>>1819900
Internships, projects, thesis topic i. graduated with 1,5 years of work done
>>
File: maho1.jpg (99KB, 544x720px) Image search: [Google]
maho1.jpg
99KB, 544x720px
>>1819943
>do you have any other work or notable experiences with things dealing with other people?

Pretty much this, I've never really needed to work or do anything - Every week my gubmint pays me $140 during school days and $170 during holidays, and no it's not some medical disability or some autist shit, I get free money plain and simple.

So basically there's no incentive to work since part time jobs may only pay ~$200 why should I waste my time for ~$30 extra? I'd rather stay at home and enjoy my hobbies or do anything at my leisure.

>>1819945
Tried to think of a good project, most stuff you think of are already done, any ideas or recommendations?

I'm looking to get an internship in my second semester this year.
>>
>>1819900
http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/investment-banking-resumes/

One i use and i always get compliments on it. Although my advice: set font size to 10 and margins to moderate. It looks better in PDF. (For the love of god never send your cv in word)
>>
>>1819951
>http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/investment-banking-resumes/

Thanks, but I think my personal type setted CV on latex is far superior to that template, I just need things to fill in, not the layout
>>
>>1819949
>So basically there's no incentive to work
there's no incentive to graduate either.
there's no incentive for anyone to hire you
there's no incentive for anyone to even look at your resume

I'm too much of a /lit/fit/biz/ fag to really help you without shouting down your neck.

What happens in life is that you become what you repeatedly do.

if you simply sit and watch anime all day, then I recommend that you learn Japanese and start translating for cash, because without a fundamental shift of what you decide is "fun" and "worth it" - you will hate everything else that happens in your life.

I wish you all the best but I've got to get back to what I was doing. feel free to use my tips.

>>1819949
>most stuff you think of are already done
that doesn't matter too much. banking apps have been done more than once but each bank has one.
>>
>>1819949
I did finance so I doubt it will help
>>
>>1819955
If you look at the actual template and the article underneath you will see some things you need to put in.

Basically schools, from high-school to graduate school, gpa or they just assume its shit, relevant coursework(thesis topic)

Then work experience and extracurricular activicties. If you worked at mcdonalds during college/uni put it in there as well.

Finally some shit next to it, languages, interests, volunteerwork(unless its a managing job, then put it under work experience).
>>
If your job history is fucked, write up a skills based resume targeted for the job you're applying for.
>>
Talk about the skills you have gained in uni, and the material you have learned. Talk about your final year project and group work you've done. That's what they seem to ask about in interviews (at least this is the case for STEM). As others have said, any and all extra curriculum helps.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.