[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autistic Job Search

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 8945651_orig.jpg (79KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
8945651_orig.jpg
79KB, 533x800px
I've worked 2.5 years at a Big Bank as a Financial Analyst. I did a great job but got passed up for a promotion partly due to politics, and I feel it's time for me to leave.

I think I should grab an Finance position at some place that isn't a bank. But, my entire network is in banking.

My current plan is:
>spam my resume on linkedin 25+ times per day to anything that remotely interests me
>use a headhunting / recruiting firm that will also spam my resume

any other ideas
>>
>>1818847
So basically accountant for a big company or a consultant in PWC or McKenzie
>>
>>1818853
unfortunately im not a CPA. my degree is in Finance, went to a top business school, 3.95 GPA

im just wondering if im resume spamming to 200+ places on linkedin if im going to get any interviews out of it.
>>
Who's the nip?
>>
>>1818894
saaya irie
>>
>>1818853
"Mckinsey"
>>
>>1818847
So I've never done this myself, but all the literature seems to point to this:
Contact people at different firms, people with more experience than you, pull the "I'm looking for a mentor card" flatter their ego. 80% will ignore you or tell you to fuck off, the other 20% will irrationally take a liking to you.

When there's an opening, guess who they call?

Another book I read said you literally write letters to companies who are fucking up something that's in your field of expertise and say
>You're doing X and such and such, and I can see you're wasting time/money/resources
>You should be doing Y and such and such. It will save you this much $$
>I worked at W, Z , Q firms. And I was dealing with projects like this all the time.

I don't know about that technique, but if you're not blowing smoke and if your email gets to the right person maybe.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.