[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artificial Scarcity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Nintendo_Switch.png (2MB, 1750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_Switch.png
2MB, 1750x1046px
What does Nintendo gain by doing this?
>>
money
>>
They really aren't doing it on purpose.
Japanese executives are just that risk-averse, that they would rather have years of backorders than one unsold unit. The virtual boy keeps them up at night.
>>
>>1818639
It's going to be quite hard to make the switch scarce. It's very very low demand and the damn thing isn't even released here yet. The whole unit is a poor decision based on concepts that would have been popular in 2007.

Nobody is going to carry a whole fucking tablet box around. The world has moved to multipurpose phone or tablet devices for portable gaming. The DS series continues to sell mostly because it's child safe and low cost unlike mobile phones.

I see this going the way of the WiiU (A console I've never seen outside of a game store).
>>
>>1818694
>I haven't seen it so no one buys it

just kys my man
>>
>>1818694
You think? It's only about an inch longer and wider than an iPhone plus, and nearly the same size as the 3DS XL but thinner.
>>
>>1818694
>very very low demand
Thing has been sold out for weeks, only way to get one at launch is by having it pre-ordered.
Yeah you clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>1818639
Absolutely nothing
>>
>>1818639
Console franchises + portable franchises + Pokémon/MonHun/SMTfags hype
>>
>>1818701
>>1818906

This is exactly what happened to the Wii U why won't you guys realize this?
>>
>>1818639
nothing, it failed when they tried it before, it will fail again.
>>
>Wow, we sold out of the Switch! I guess it's really popular! Better get one while you can with our next shipment ;^)
>>
>>1819760
Because the WiiU didn't have thousands of videos getting millions of views ever since it was announced.
Every single video people are praising the Switch.
It's ok that you're poor, but sometimes people buy different consoles and enjoy things.
Hopefully someday you can afford one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.