[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did any of you have parents who were really controlling over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: myi96cSqwp1rcb0d2o2_1280.jpg (90KB, 720x433px) Image search: [Google]
myi96cSqwp1rcb0d2o2_1280.jpg
90KB, 720x433px
Did any of you have parents who were really controlling over your money when you were a kid? Like forced you to put everything you had in the bank like pic related? Or even worse, forced you to give it away to charity? How did it affect you in terms of making you the person you are today?
>>
>>1818423
I didn't get any money when I was a kid, maybe the odd $20 when I was going out with my friends, my parents taught me to save when I got my first job at 15.

I'm 20 now and I'm all good, so nothing negative really.
>>
>>1818424
>I didn't get any money when I was a kid
Not even birthday checks from relatives and the like?
>>
>>1818427
some people are born into very poor families. For my birthday, I'd say I usually would get in total from my family around a hundred dollars worth in gifts. And I was born into a middle class family.
>>
My mom tried to do that when i was a kid, but it didn't work, when i was a teenager, my family used to take all of my savings and studentship money. We were middle class, my dad had a pretty good job, but 4 children+awful financial management comes looking for it's money.
My mother used to talk lots about getting rich and opening more small-business (in a dying field), while at the same time spending money on bullshit, i used to feel bad for my dad, he was actually trying to get economical stability but my mother kept dragging him down, she used to blame him for her financial mediocrity
>>
>>1819733
What, like they'd out-right steal it from you, or put it into savings?
>>
>>1818423
>Tried opening a bank account to put all my birthday money in Bitcoin when I was 12
>Parents took my money and said they'd hold it like a bank.
>Wouldn't let me buy things online with their cards because "What if someone steals our identity"
>Forget about Bitcoin
>Come to /biz/ years later.
>Could've been a millionaire.

Wew lad.
>>
My parents put my allowances and the like in a bank account on my name, plus money of their own to have more attractive conditions. When I became an adult they closed the account and took all the money.
>>
My parents put all my earnings into repayment of the house mortgage.
Well I live in the house too and get fed for free so I suppose I can accept that
>>
My parents would put a bit in a savings account and then when I was 18 I could have it

It was $2000

They never taught me a single thing about budgetting, planning for a career, finance, economics, etc.

They refused to disclose their incomes out of fear I'd tell other people, while they only earnt upper middle class and middle class wages.

They're both good goys who are retarded and did me a diservice, but things could have been worse.
>>
>>1818423
They made me very frugal and resistant to spontaneous purchases. I was one of the few people that actually had liquidity during college because of money I had saved up from starting work at 16 years old.
>>
My parents bouvhre everything I wanted except for video games. I would love to save and count my money , I remember when I had $200 I lives saving hording money, bought I never new what to do with it.

My dad told me he would invest in the stock market, o piggybacked his trades in the 90s when I was 10, basically have him all nmy 200-350 from allowance. He bought rambus, Seagate, 3do (shitty old Vidya company). All three companies eventually turned to shot (he sold rambus at some point) went from almost 2 million to only owning the house again practically. But recovered.
He basically gave me my 350 back even though it became worthless.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.