/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Past 6 Figs In My Biz This Year And Amazed BY It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: investment.jpg (73KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
investment.jpg
73KB, 960x640px
So I'm self-employed and last year I finally hit over 100k (profit not revenue).

I know that's not much in the grand scheme of things, but I'm frankly just stupefied at the money that's coming into my account.

I was grinding it out for like 25-30k a year annually before I got here. What happened was I switched from looking for freelance work on job boards and positioned myself as a digital agency that manages entire sales funnels for clients. I started doing PPC ads for the first time ever.

When I switched to this model, everything changed just about overnight. Client acquisition got easier. I started working direct with clients as opposed to agencies and larger freelancers who give you a fraction of what they're billing out to their clients. I began offering "results" and "complete campaign management" instead of just saying "I can build you a website/app/ebook, etc."

Not only am I finding clients who are willing to pay more, I'm wasting much less time on marketing because instead of actively contacting people, but I just run ads that bring them to me.

2017 has been, in short, a breakthrough for my business.

The thing is, I'm not even making a huge amount compared to what a lot of people make. But I'm still having a hard time even processing the cash that's coming in. What the hell do I even do with 10k a month, after expenses? Based on my modest ambitions (never wanted a lambo, big house, multi-times a year vacations, etc) it pretty much feels like unlimited money. Like I could never really spend it all.

Has anybody else ever had this feeling when breaking into 6 figure income? Like a feeling of just having all the money you could need and not knowing what to do with it?

It's just weird because when I was younger I always used fantasize about making millions, and think that that was making it. Here I am making a little over 100k and it feels like I have all the money in the world. Like I've "made it"
>>
File: 1486609671415.jpg (18KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
1486609671415.jpg
18KB, 319x331px
So what is your job exactly?
>>
>>1818140
Proof or GTFO. Or better yet, go post it on you personal blog. Oh wait, no one would read it. Isn't it sad you have no one to talk to about your achievements?
>>
>>1818240
Haha this guy. You try to make achievements so people talk about you? What a sad fucking guy, im actually feeling very sorry for you.

>>1818140
There must be something you like. Atleast invest some money for future use. Ive been in the same situation, but with less than 6 figures. Who gives a fuck about cars and mansions. I used it to travel and eat out every day.

Find a hobby or something you like, because money is fucking worthless when you make tons of it.
>>
>>1818140
how long did it take you to fully set up your business plan? e.g acquire the skills needed to run your business
>>
>>1818140
Well done dude you made it. Just dont be like my friend who set up his own pharmaceuticals trading company 2 years ago and makes €70,000 a month and wastes it all on watches and clothes at harrods and going to dubai and wasting it on fancy meals for his 40 year old girlfriend and doesnt even own his own house still rents a shitty flat in south london.
>>
>>1818140
>I started doing PPC ads for the first time ever.
>When I switched to this model, everything changed just about overnight. Client acquisition got easier. I started working direct with clients as opposed to agencies and larger freelancers who give you a fraction of what they're billing out to their clients. I began offering "results" and "complete campaign management" instead of just saying "I can build you a website/app/ebook, etc."

how do you buy the space for your PPC ads, what is your best source?

i am new to affiliate marketing, but i would like to get to something similar to you, selling adverts for businesses.

for example, say i have a client who is a wedding venue, how would i go about getting adverts (web/mobile) to people looking for a wedding venue? (excluding fb, i understand (whitehat) fb)
>>
>>1818140

How do you advertise yourself? Just SEO and PPC ads? Or do you make connections and find clients IRL or through online networking somehow?
>>
>>1818307
not op, but you're putting the horse before the cart imo if you're trying to sell to clients a service you don't know how to perform.. he almost certainly means adwords as that's where the traffic is (you can then extrapolate campaigns out to b*ng etc)

what is your native language and home country dude? interests? money available to you?
>>
Congratulations. I'm feeling a good amount of healthy envy for you, but it's also encouraging to see that it can be done.

I have a doubt;
Do you actually hire employees to do some of the work, or are you just "posing" as an agency but actually working as a freelancer?

Regarding the spending of your income, of course first thing I'd do would be to reach/secure my financial freedom. After that, the main reason I want to make big bucks is to make the world a better place. Something like bringing power, internet, knowledge, to some fractions of humanity that don't have it. That could be a good end to your money.
>>
Travel. The world is a big place, so odds are that you'll find somewhere you like enough to visit regularly.
It's pretty fucking great to be somewhere you really dig, then look at your bank account and see that you have enough to come back any time.
>>
>>1818357
>reach/secure my financial freedom
This. OP, are you familiar with financial independence, the 4% rule, how to game retirement accounts in your country, etc.? Looking into this will help you manage your money so that it doesn't run out even if you stop working.

If you don't know what to do with your income but you like it, best to make it last forever.
>>
>>1818344
the horse is definitely before the cart, i completely accept that. it is something i think would take some time to get to, but part of a plan which would go together as a building a website & selling digital ads for local businesses. i just don't understand the mechanics of buying digital ads yet, or how you can get targeted ads and how much these can be targeted via different traffic sources.

i'm in the collecting information and finding resources to investigate stage. looking to begin to make it an income source much later in the year or 2018. i have other income source so such a venture doesn't need to make money for me to live. i am in the UK.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.