[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manufacturing Bullets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Going off personal experience and what I hear from /k/ and various forums, ammunition can become scarce at times, especially before an election.

Is making ammunition something worth considering? Seems like there's a demand not being met.
>>
>>1817778
Try again in 8 years. Demand is low because nobody expects Trump to ban anything anytime soon.
>>
>>1817780
Except the news. And imports. And credit unions.
>>
>>1817784

Fuck off libtard

Trump banned none of those
>>
>>1817778

Making ammo as a business is capital-intensive, and it's hard to break in. See the history of Swift for an example of how long it takes to become successful.
>>
>>1817784
>news
Bitch wat
>imports
Not outsourcing a car manufacturer doesn't count as imports, cars can be manufactured in the US
>credit unions
I have no idea desu. I'll research some shit before opening my piehole
>>
>>1817808
This. Takes a lot of work and skill to make quality ammunition. Seems better to try and invest in an ammo supplier than start off basic.
>>
>>1817780
>Not opening a factory solely to make bullet angels after hours

It's like you hat fun or something.
>>
File: fg_14.png (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
fg_14.png
1MB, 800x533px
>>1817778
I think the /biz/ /k/ goal is to cheaply have light manufacturing and a stockpile in case they are needed.
>>
>>1817778
Ammunition can definitely become scare at times due to political BS. You can make your own ammunition, but you are unlikely to make any money off of it.

If you're absolutely dead-set on the ammunition thing, try custom rounds like initials engraved in the casing or the 2nd amendment ground into the round itself
>>
>>1817842
Please define what you mean by make your own ammunition.

Buying cases, powder, primers, and bullets is not what I think. I think you have to make your cases from raw metal.
>>
File: No backsies.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
No backsies.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>1817848
any retard can make his own ammunition.
>I think you have to make your cases from raw metal
Holy shit. Do you have any experience in metallurgy? Have you ever made your own rounds from scratch?

My idea was to have initials stamped/engraved into the casing or to laser-etch something into the copper plated round.
>>
>>1817784
>tell some new companies to fuck off from your press conference

>you "BANNED THEM"

LAUGHING AT YOU FAMALAM
>>
>>1817872
>"BANNED THEM
Fucking this. If Obama banned Fox News and Breitfart from press conferences, how do you think that Republicans would have reacted? Impeach the bastard?
>>
>>1817859
>Holy shit. Do you have any experience in metallurgy? Have you ever made your own rounds from scratch?

Well I did watch the movie Silver Bullet from 1985.
>>
>>1817888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4zj3J-vEiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNPeHQCwEQ
Also youtube helps.
>>
>>1817888
>>1817898
Thanks for being honest; no shame in learning others.
>>
>>1817898
Also, I'd trust a Brittan in making bullets like I'd trust Trump making an actual wall.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (44KB, 569x555px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
44KB, 569x555px
>>1817780
>trump is gonna elected again.
>>
>>1817817
That or just stockpile ammunition during Republican administrations and fuck the daylights out of buyers during Democrat administrations. If there's anything that I've learned from being in business, it's that people are poor planners and will go nuts when sufficiently frightened. This will work because they won't think about it during the "good" years and talk radio will whip them up into a frenzy during the "bad" ones.
>>
>>1818476
Reference: Gun owners shrieking for 8 years of Obama because they failed to buy any extra during 8 years of Bush.
>>
>>1817859
you probably can't make your own primers not in reliable quality. everything else is doable at home altho you won't be making quality powder either in your back yard.

let's face it the best most can do is buy the parts and maybe reuse some spent brass casings.

calling that making your own ammo is ridiculous.
>>
>>1818478
So when do we buy? Trump year 2 to 3?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.