[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1446427030068.jpg (34KB, 900x735px) Image search: [Google]
1446427030068.jpg
34KB, 900x735px
>Work at a shit minimum wage job
>Make 9 dollars and like 50 cents an hour
>Got check last week
>Made 200 dollars
>Look at my check and say "oh nice I made alot this week"
>Go home and sit there and start to ponder something

I looked at 200 and thought I made alot, like I was so happy about it for some reason then I realized that 200 is literally nothing. I can do better I need to do better. I have no college degree so I feel like im limited on my choices for higher better pay but I need more. I feel so pathetic that 200 dollars was something to get happy about. I think I finally started to understand the truth of this world and do hardwork and get paid well. I just coasted around and was happy with my 200 dollar checks but now I understand how stupid I sounded. Where can I start to begin changing? I dont know about college because I don't know what I want so I cant just jump into it yet.
>>
>>1817673

How old are you?

Where do you live?

Do you have any skills?
>>
>>1817673
you can start from r9k
>>
>>1817676
Rhode Island
No skills that can translate into a real job

>>1817681
What's that?
>>
Look for job openings in local programmer positions. Find out what they want. Doesn't matter. Degrees CAN be overcome when you prove you know how to fucking work. Study language for half a year -- books, internet, whatever. Practice the language for the other half of the year. Apply at the beginning of 2018, bring samples of your portfolio (That shit you did for the second half) and tell them you will demonstrate your confidence over what they have. Do so.

Bam. $100k a year, and it only took you a year of study. No college needed.
>>
>>1817740

You won't make 100k a year as an entry level programmer with no degree in Rhode Island
>>
>>1817740
Good fucking luck getting into a programmer position with one year of 'experience' if you even call it that.

>Send resume
>No college
>Thrown in trash
>Go in person
>Education?
>"Self taught"
>Get laughed at

Degrees will only be overcome if you have amazing skills learned through having programming as a hobby for a long time. Not a year.
>>
File: 1487813516650.jpg (144KB, 778x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487813516650.jpg
144KB, 778x1024px
>>1817673
>>1817684
What the fuck? I was earning $800 a week from 18 - late 19 working in a hospital, got hired with just my highschool diploma.

I'm now about to start bringing in roughly $2000 a week, depending on overtime for said week.

I'm 20 years old.

Join a fucking trade like me you dummy, stop wasting your life.
>>
>>1817673
Try taking some free classes one edx or coursera, when you complete them you can pay for the certificate afterwords and sprinkle it on your resume. Most desk jobs require you to be able to use excel, that'd be the easiest place to start
>>
>>1817740
Ah yes the daily "computer programming is literally the only job on the planet and everyone wants to do it and will love it" 4chan post no matter what board you're on
>>
>>1817750
>$2000 a week
>working in a hospital
What's your job title?
>>
>>1817772
I've made a lot of money programming. I preach what I know. If you have other suggestions, throw em out. A lot of people jerk of about trade school.

Op, learn to program.
>>
>>1817684
>No skills that can translate into a real job

Bullshit. On your resume, you can bend and twist your old duties to fit whatever job you're applying for.

Fuck, I'm your age working for the judiciary earning ~$35,000 a year. My first and only job before now, was at fucking Gamestop. On my resume I put that alphabetizing video games translated well into filing and that working Black Friday and various midnight releases proved that I could handle high-pressure work situations.
>>
>>1817750
Are you a nurse?
>>
I'm German, 25, got a degree in Business IT with emphasis of data analysis, an internship as Business Analyst at a large e-commerce company, and am about to quit my Master degree in statistics to pursue a Master in Business IT. I would be 27 when I graduate.

Do you recommend me to go for the degree or to get a job with just a Bachelor? I'm searching for a position related to data analysis, business intelligence was near perfect.
>>
File: 1486784140142.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486784140142.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>1817779
>>1817797
Sorry maybe I didn't clarify well enough that I had moved into tradework. I'm a mechanical insulator now. In the hospital I worked in shipping/receiving.
>>
>>1817673

I've been there anon.

Nowadays if I don't make at least 400 in a day, I don't consider it a good day.

And even now my sights are on more.
>>
>>1817673

>I feel so pathetic that 200 dollars was something to get happy about.

This is going to be a very anti-/biz/ thing to say but maybe it is something to be happy about. I make $200 in about two and a quarter hours and I'm sitting outside grilling dinner at 11:00 PM because I just worked 15 hours into a Friday night. I bring my work home with me, can't turn it off and tune it out, and it makes me miserable.

Now I couldn't come close to maintaining my lifestyle at $200 bi-weekly but at some point you have to wonder what is the cost. I like what I do but I'd take a fair amount less in pay just to be able to drop everything at my desk and go home without having to worry about whether some project is going to meet a schedule or whether a client will give us more work.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.