[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life Goals Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Pic related.
>>
>>1817459
Which one do you want to be?
>>
>>1817459
>wanting to have a retarded child
>>
>>1817459
doesn't that little sperg fuck his own mother

s-sign me up!!
>>
Look at all that gold....

Too bad you can't use Bitcoin to dress an interior.

That would look awful....Bitcoin wallpaper...ewwww
>>
>>1817459
to not do hw and come home late from work
>>
>>1817459
>letting your wife wear pants
>>
>>1817467
>not wanting to have billions of dollars
>>
>>1817459
fucker is tacky af but god damn I envy him for having made it big time. I guess when you're loaded you don't give a shit about others thinking you have bad taste.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>1817459
Pic related
>>
>study engineering for 5 years
>starting salary is 60k

just fuck my shit up
>>
>>1818130
wow gee golly mister 5 whole years?
>>
>>1818141
>not valuing your time
Time is money, boy. Average college degree costs $60,000.

The average income for non-college grads is $30,000. So in this example it would take 12 years for an engineer just to reach the net worth of a non-grad.

Non-grad: $30k * 12 years = $360k

Grad: (-$60k on 5 years of college) + $60k for 7 years = -60k + 420k = $360k
>>
>>1818163
You're clearly a highschool dropout.
No engineer is gonna keep the same salary for 7 years.
At the end of those 7 years he'll probably be making 130k per year, while the non-grad will be forever be stuck at the same salary.
You get a D-, try again.
>>
>>1818222
>implying college education is requirement for career advance
>>
>>1818222
>completely missing the point
I was aware he said "starting salary", for that example I was keeping the numbers simple just to illustrate a point:

The point was that you aren't just using up 5 years, you are losing money from college tuition and the opportunity cost from money that you could have been making those 5 years. The person who made the post "wow 5 whole years" was not thinking of this.

>At the end of those 7 years he'll probably be making 130k per year,
Here, let me add that up for you:

College grad:
Year 5: -60k
Year 6: Salary: 60k Net: 0
Year 7: Salary: 71.6k Net: 71.6k
Year 8: Salary: 83.2 Net: 154.8
Year 9: Salary: 94.8 Net: 249.6
Year 10: Salary: 106.4k Net: 356k

Non-grad:
Year 9: Net: 270k
Year 10: Net: 300k

So it takes 10 years to pass the non-engineer. Yes, I know the engineer is making more per year, nobody is denying that, my point is that the cost is more than "just 5 measly years".
>>
>>1818222
Your clearly not an engineer
>will be making 130k per year in 7 years
more like
>will be making 85k after 20 years because he didn't hop on the management train
>will be making 100k after jumping on the management train and spending another 50k to get an MBA

protip if the salary range is 50-120k it isn't likely that you will make 120k 5 years in. Unless you move to super expensive areas where its effectively 50k a year in buying power.
>>
>>1818442
I have a question, what about jobs that require a B.S.? I knew people working in naval shipyards(especially nuclear) that were hourly-ish, and they were pulling in 120-170k. What am I missing from that side of things, in understanding it? I feel like I've met a lot of jobs which require the degree with little regard but have high boundaries once you slip into the positions.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.