[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out with GF soon. How can I use my skills to make money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hi I'm DefCat, I know some of the people that browse this board often so don't crucify me if you already know me...

SITUATION: I'm moving out with my GF this summer and want to have enough to live comfortably (no shit everyone does)

I'm a musician and I currently sell my own music and take commissions for youtubers. I've done a full game OST but it really wasn't that lucrative.

Here is my discography: https://defcat.bandcamp.com/

WHAT DO NOW? :

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to make money using my skills here would be. I can do any genre and I work fast.
>>
>>1817349
>I can do any genre and I work fast.

Apply at Mc Donalds
>>
If your girlfriend wants to go in business with you, you could pretty much double your income. You each suck a dick for a dollar at the same time, all of a sudden youre making two dollars in the same amount of time it would take you to make one on your own. Plus, you could save on costs like travel if you carpool.
>>
>>1817349

Listened to a couple tracks. Not bad. You need to hook up with someone that can do vocals though. No vocals, and music goes nowhere pretty quick.

Technically pretty good though.

As for money, plenty to be made in production, recording, various sound careers. I would look to assist at concert venues, for bands, for tv/film production. Check out those entertainment websites where you can post a profile that you do that kind of stuff.

If you get in with the right production or mixing crowd you should be able to earn 20+ per hour.

Check out those technical schools for music production, maybe ask some of the professors or staff if they know of work you can seek using your skills.

Good luck.

> Worked as an assistant camera man for 3 years
>>
This is a tough nut to crack. I'm a musician and I've been thinking about making money with audio for a long while but it's hard to make out a clear path as the market is very saturated. But there's always money to be made, it may just not be in the way that you prefer most (like being a rockstar who makes exactly what he wants and never compromises).

I like your music though, we should keep in touch. Do you use discord?
>>
>>1817349
take advantage of social media...post it on instagram twitter fb. not the website but the songs themselves. promote only the good ones. and follow other startup artists.
>>
>>1817517

It really isn't though.

I think most musicians just start their careers with the wrong mindset.

Really from 18 you need to be focusing on the production side, industry side of music where you can make money. Take classes in it, meet people doing it, try to get behind the scenes. And have your music playing and career as the backup.

Not the other way around.

I see guys in film/tv production making 20 to 30 bucks an hour for holding a microphone up.
>>
>>1817878

if he's going to pursue music only as a side project, why would he choose to hold microphones on TV sets when he could do anything else...?

that's not even "the industry side" of music
>>
File: 1481583206855.jpg (397KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1481583206855.jpg
397KB, 1024x683px
Being a musician isn't a career. It's a hobby.
>>
>>1819383

>The amount of 10/10 pussy that these two men have slayed
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.