[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Owning rental properties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: img-strasbourg-1.jpg (321KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
img-strasbourg-1.jpg
321KB, 1200x600px
Is it economically saavy to own properties just for the sake of bringing in more money through rent?

It doesn't create new wealth, I know, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea if you're looking to earn extra money and have the ability to choose who rents from you
>>
>>1816359
You need to see the property like an investment. You buy the investment and then it gives you money every month (''interest''). The bad thing about property is that you need to use time and money on maintaining the property while buying shares is lower maintenance.
t. the book called ''How to Own the World''
You should figure out if the property pays more back (interest) to you than for an example shares and bonds would pay you back.
>>
>It doesn't create new wealth, I know
What do you mean? If you maintain it properly and pick the right neighborhood, rental properties can easily appreciate over time.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>1816359
>depreciation
>someone else pays for free house
>appreciation if you are lucky like 95% of real estate
>tons tax benefits
>write offs
>etc...

Doesn't create new wealth...
>>
Landlord here

The main reason for rental properties not working out is that people don't buy correctly. You must buy with the intention of renting it exclusively and make sure the numbers work out.

Often, people buy a place to live in then, when they move, instead of selling, they'll rent it at a small loss. Or, they'll buy it for appreciation only. Neither scenario showcases the true power of REI.
>>
>>1816630
>Landlord here

you better post some proof son
>>
>>1816630
> they'll rent it at a small loss
wot
>>
>>1818242
You need to account for maintenance in your renting calculations, as well as vacancy. It's not just $$/mo > mortgage, and you should not bet too much on real estate appreciation. Be happy that it happens, or be employed using your superior appreciation eyes to find values, because it's not a cakewalk.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.