[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trading stocks, investing, etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

How do I start trading stocks, investing and the likes of things similar.... I am a money hungry son of a bitch who will dedicate his live to making money through these methods. Where do I start, how much would I need to start? What do I need to do?
>>
>>1816019
>how much would I need to start?
Almost certainly more than you have.
The stock market is one of those things that works far better the more capital you possess, though you wouldn't know it by hanging around here. This board is full of people who bought into the idea that you can be successful with a couple hundred dollars because "some guy did it". Apps like RobinHood do nothing to correct this, and in fact were designed (by hedge fund guys, no less) to prey on these sorts of people.
>>
>>1816086
Well I have inherited a considerable amount of money recently due to a passing in the family; hence my asking. I certainly have enough money than you think I do.
>>
>>1816086
I have been researching a bit and am fairly knowledgeable with businesses, companies, etc..... I am just asking on a number of sites to gain enough opinions to actually start something and get enough personal experiences to see what I need to do.
>>
>>1816089
>a considerable amount of money
How much?
>>
>>1816093
183,678 AUD
>>
>>1816019
I suggest you start with some blue chips before burning your hands with the daytrading meme.

Just buy the dip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4
>>
>>1816094
You can't possibly be willing to blow all that trading, though.
What percentage are you planning to save, and what to invest?
You could only trade with what you have left over after those two are separated out.
>>
>>1816102
I am planning minimum to invest about 50,000..... Of course, I 'll need to work out if I can afford to lose that and if the yield will be good enough to invest that much.
>>
>>1816105
>invest about 50,000
You should probably stick with investing, then. It's boring, but you likely won't give up much or any of your capital.
Leave trading to those that are gamblers or are better funded.
>>
>>1816112
Yeah, you see, that's the reason I am hesitant. I am not too much of a gambler and am very very anal with my money. Hence why I have taken this long to actually motivate myself to start investing.
>>
>>1816113
>start investing.
Investing is fine, it's pretty low risk, provided you diversify well and don't have any immediate need for the money you use.
Trading is a different animal entirely, though the two are often confused. Trading is active, requiring constant attention, whereas investing relies on a general uptrend, and can simply be referenced occasionally.
>>
>>1816118
Thank you a lot for your information, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>1816122
Good luck.
>>
>>1816118

I have invested the majority of my money and have a small pot that I trade with.

I'm looking to increase this slightly, would you have any advice on becoming a better trader?

Would it be worth looking into technical analysis?

Or looking more into the financials of prospective companies ?

At the minute I get most of my info secondhand from forums such as this and use my gut to determine whether to go in on the trade.

This has worked so far but I feel if I'm upping the amount I'm trading slightly it's too risky to continue using this method.
>>
>>1816135
>I have invested the majority of my money
Good call

>have a small pot that I trade with
Like 5G's?
The problem with "small pots" is that your returns will be equally small. You probably won't qualify for margin, limiting you further, and commissions and taxes will take a larger share of your gains. In addition, one poorly managed trade can swamp you.
You would "become a better trader" by having more capital, but if you did, you probably wouldn't want to risk it trading.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.