[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Automotive Technician/Diagnostics Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Khnopff 4.jpg (520KB, 1536x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Khnopff 4.jpg
520KB, 1536x1340px
Hi /biz. I want to get a mobile auto tech/diagnostics business off the ground. I have been placing listings in Craigslist for about three weeks now. I have only received three calls. Neither of them have generated any money. Does /biz/ have any advice? Can I at get around not having to register, collect taxes, have insurance, etc as long as I remain small? I live in the US btw. I don't have any plans for any employees unless by some miracle this idea works out well. Am I missing anything?
>>
>>1815444

Sounds like a neat idea, but has some logistical issues.

For starters Craigslist is your first problem. I have started multiple businesses and currently run a successful business.

CL only gets calls from the scum of the Earth, and rarely at that.

I would try:
>a website
>FB, Twitter, social media accounts
>flyers
>word of mouth
>google ad
>etc...

What you could also try doing is partnering with the mechanics, maybe they can advertise you if you send them business in return, like a partnership, you diagnose, and they fix.

I have a question though, if you aren't going to fix the problem in their driveway, how does it help them to have you come diagnose the problem?
>>
>>1815444
you realize every parts store in America will read codes for free, right? and anyone with an internet connection can go from there.

you're a decade or two late.
>>
>>1815565
Not every one can understand the OBDII data. Not every parts store will erase the code which is good to see if a fix really did address the problem at hand.
>>
>>1815555
I have experienced the Craigslist thing first hand. Thanks for suggesting some alternatives to help me move on. Many shops and other independent mechanics do not have a firm grasp of modern automotive technology. If I can even just diagnose a problem, this will eliminate a lot of endless, "Well, maybe it's the ignition switch. Well maybe it's the transmission. Well maybe it's the engine coolant temperature sensor. Well maybe it's the computer."
>>
>>1815444
Go to the UPS website and create 500 business cards for $35. Literally pass them out door to door, and even refer to your county to get a mailing list and mail them to everybody.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.