[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Precious metals markets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 42

File: 20170222_211200.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170222_211200.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
What do you fellas think precious metals will do this year? Up or down?

Also who here is into precious metals? Ive been converting the tips from my job into silver and I would like to see markets go down so I can buy more of it.
>>
>>1813710
I'm also buying silver and my prediction is there is no way it is going down from where it is right now, I think we have 1-3 years before it starts going up significantly, the next wave of technology will stretch demand far greater than available supplies; silver is going 'extinct' and soon. We should consider 20$ ounces a bargain.

btw the most interesting thing I have learned recently is silver discussion is being heavily censored by google - this is very telling.
>>
File: 20170101_180502_002.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170101_180502_002.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1813710
Addendum, ive established a mining claim and am currently pulling an ounce a summer just working it off and on weekends with hand tools.

Obviously I aint gonna make a fortune with a gold pan and sluice box, but I managed to find a spot the prospectors and corporate groups missed. Thinkin maybe I can sell rights to the claim for a lot more than I paid to establish the claim.
>>
>>1813786
wtf
>>
>>1813780
See, what prompted me to get into it was reading about that shitty deal in greece where the banks declared that 10% of everyones accounts were being used to prevent a collapse and the account holder's were "compensated" with equivalent value in stock for the now worthless bank.

I got thinkin maybe I need something with zero 3rd party risk to kinda pad out my savings strategy.

Also, OP claiming trip-fag title for thread organizational purposes.
>>
>>1813789
There was a creek the original prospectors worked over in the 1800's, and then the big corporate groups in the 1980's came through and stripped what was left by them.

But they failed to notice that 100 yards to the east of their operation lay a dry and buried streambed the creek originally flowed through.

Gold is washed downstream and being heavier than everything else collects in riffles where the stream touches bedrock.

I payed $200 for a basic hand tools only mining claim to the ancient buried stream bed they overlooked and diverted the creek to run down its original path.

The water washed the loamy top soil away exposing the old bedrock for the first time since the ice age and got to work with my pan and sluice box.
>>
Breddy cool mate. Is there a fee to claim?
>>
Whats the benifits of minted over cast ?
>>
>>1813802
Yeah, it varies state to state. Here its like $200. Gig is, you can only use hand tools and no permanant structures are allowed.

You gotta spend mad $$$$$ to be allowed to use heavy equipment. The profits aint in the sluice boxes, theyre in finding a spot rich enough to convince one of the corporate groups to buy it from you.
>>
>>1813805
>>1813797
>>1813786
wow this is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen on 4chan
>>
>>1813808
I get that a lot. Folks have literally asked me "WOW! so you just like.... pull GOLD outta the ground?!"

Uhhh.... yeah, where the hell did you THINK it came from? Elves?

Trick is
A) knowing enough gelology to look in the right place
B) finding a right place that hasnt been picked over yet.
C) posessing the work ethic to pan and sluice it out. Or the crazy $$$$ to pay for a full blown heavy extraction license and use hydraulic dredges, blasting, and heavy equipment
D) finding somebody with such resources and convincing them your place is the real deal and worth buying out

Part B is by far the most difficult of the 4.
>>
>>1813710
where exactly do you guys even buy silver? Do you guys order this shit online? Is there a certain weight and type of silver that is the best?
>>
>>1813814
I think most people are under the assumption that gold is inaccessible without heavy industry, because it's all too deep or so massively dispersed that it's pointless to even try without all the tech that lets you filter through hundreds of tons of rock and soil a day

This assumption is also for the most part true
>>
>>1813830
Buying gold or silver is easy. You can find it online or at any gold or silver shop.

Heres the thing, ya gotta know the difference between spot price and actual price.

Actual price should vary between $1.00 over spot (good) to $1.50 over spot (average)

You should never buy silver in less than 1 ounce amounts, and gold in less than 1/10th of an ounce.

This is because like most things, precious metals price over spot is lower in bulk.

Coins and "collectible" bars are a ripoff because you usually get charged way over spot for "collectors value" that may or may not be real.

Keep in mind a gold or silver "bar" or "buillion" can be as small as a postage stamp size and thickness 1 gram piece.

Buy generic silver bars at 1 ounce and generic gold bars at 1/10th punce (though ideally buy 1 ounce or more if you can afford it, remember bulk = lower price)

You will almost NEVER buy precious metals at exactly market value, the person selling will always add a bit, never less than an extra dollar an ounce, if its more than 2 dollars extra per ounce its a ripoff.

Scrap precious metals are a ripoff as jewelry and decoration quality metals are not pure and thus do not posess market value anyways. Plus buyers will always subrtract impurity from what they pay you, and will always sell it like its market value pure stuff.

(Example, on ebay you can find PILES of scrap gold and silver, you will notice idiots dazzled by how impressive a pile of gold and silver looks bidding it past 2 or even 3 times its actual market value IF IT WERE PURE! its maybe %25 to %50 other metals like tin, copper, and zinc so its not only worth less than the already inflated price they paid, its worth less than .999 fine purity (purity measurement at which market standards apply)

So guys bit of 8 ounces of scrap silver at $250 whilst pure silver is only selling for $150 at that weight, and this stuff is mixed with tin so its only really only woth $100.
>>
>>1813850
You arent wrong. Its incredible that I found what I did.
>>
>>1813857
So basics:

Know market value

Know what the expected fair price over market value is.

Know what purity you are buying. (Market standard is .999 fine. if its any percentage less and that isnt deducted from price its a ripoff)

"Collectability" is almost always either unpredictable at best or false at worst.
>>
File: american-silver-eagle-coins.jpg (95KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
american-silver-eagle-coins.jpg
95KB, 640x423px
>>1813857
pretty good info I guess, I am extremely optimistic about silver and in it for the long term so I buy the really nice coins. Mostly silver eagles (pic related) and perth mint lunars. I'm getting into some others now like the queens beast.
Basically I do end up payin 2-3$ over spot (and more for lunar coins)... but they are so nice it's worth it.

I had a lightning bolt through my brain at some point while I was researching silver statistics / the uses / and the various forms of manipulation it's under so to be perfectly honest I am convinced it's going to end up Well over 100$ an ounce within my lifetime.. but I'm out of the 'panic to own' mentality and now just slowly stacking up some very nice coins.
>>
>>1813896
>>1813861
>>1813857
do you buy it online or local?

seems like buying online it gets complicated with ensuring safe transfer, etc.

factor in sales tax and the risk of physical storage, why not just buy securitized gold/silver unless I'm preppin for SHTF?
>>
File: mysilver.jpg (191KB, 1157x769px) Image search: [Google]
mysilver.jpg
191KB, 1157x769px
>>1813710

Just started about a month ago. Will pick up 5-20 ounces each commission check I get and pick up random jewelry silverware if its cheap enough.

Just got some cheap necklaces off ebay, pretty sure the person had no idea what .925 meant on the chain because it is about 31 grams and it was 6$.

Found the quarters in my change jar.

Also have a super high strength magnet from a hard drive to test all my shit.

>>1813830
JMbullion has a spot price 10 - 1 .999 ounce silver pack for new members. Just about the best deal you will find for bars.

And scrap sterling like necklaces, silverware, pendants, you can find those anywhere like garage sales and online. Just have to look out for sterling mark and not plated shit.

>>1813857
I have a sterling calculator to current spot i use when buying scrap. Most of the times, its not worth it. But every so often I will see a deal usually jewelry or silverware. Havent bought silverware yet because its difficult to judge how much of it is sterling from pictures, especially bad pictures.
>>
>>1813860
How do I know where to start looking
>>
There is always VAT on silver, palladium and platin in most of europe. Feels bad.

So in the end you'll end up paying >3$ over spot price.
1 American Eagle is 25$ here, in the US is would be around 20.5$
>>
>What do you fellas think precious metals will do this year? Up or down?
Not too bothered about that really, I care what it will be worth in 15-20 or even 30 years. Between now and then I will just slowly and steadily accumulate more as long as it remains affordable. In fact, short term I hope it goes down since that allows me to buy higher volumes for the same price.

>>1814027
Not to mention Britannias and Maples milk spot like a bitch. One reason I've stopped buying Silver despite it being the better short and long term buy in regards to potential upside.
>>
>>1813789
Gold bugs....
>>
>>1813927
>Also have a super high strength magnet from a hard drive to test all my shit.

How does that help? You can only spot mild steel with that. Even a low grade austenitic stainless steel (like 304) isn't magnetic. A lot of other alloys aren't magnetic as well.

>>1813896
>I am convinced it's going to end up Well over 100$ an ounce within my lifetime

If it does it will only mean that $100 will have as much purchasing power as $20-25 now. Nothing will really change.

Also the gold/silver bugs will get MASSIVELY BTFO when the government will order you to return all gold and silver bullion to the treasury.

>inb4 bullshit, that's not possible!!!11

Oh, it's very much possible, my little shills:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
>Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The effect of the order, in conjunction with the statute under which it was issued, was to criminalize the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.
>>
>>1813927
>buying precious metal scrap
but why
>>
>>1814099
>govman steelin all yo gold

part of the government trying to enforce it's monopoly on the idea of currency and force people to use it's magic fiat cash. why do people put up with this bullshit
>>
>>1813786
how much weight have you managed to extract thus far?
how long did that take you?
is there any refining necessary or are the nuggets pure elemental Au?
do you expect to hit a lode or is that an entirely different thing geologically?
>>
>>1814187

so you can sell it for profit
>>
Silver in bars and rounds for market speculation.
Gold and gemstones (re: NOT diamonds) in coins and jewelry for SHTF.
>>
>>1813857
Goldmoney fees for gold are only 0,5% fees on top of 0,1 to 0,5% over the spot price, that depends on the best bid on that moment, so, at worst it's an -1%, vaulted and secured, costs included

It allows buying any quantity of gold with those competitives prices, so it's pretty top notch.
>>
>>1814099
>The effect of the order, in conjunction with the statute under which it was issued
>the statute under which it was issued
>statute
You could in theory fight and win this in court. The constitution grants the government only 2 types of jurisdiction - civil jurisdiction and military tribunal. If you are not in the military you can only ever be charged under civil jurisdiction, and the constitution states that can only happen if you breech a contract, damage property, or cause bodily harm.

So you hoard gold, an executive order of confiscation occurs and you're found out and brought to court. At your arraignment, object to all charges and refuse to enter a plea until the court can prove jurisdiction (which they can't).

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YJ4c5atUjsE
>>
>>1813780
Industrial demand for silver is way up recently and is predicted to keep rising. Most major institutions have been buying up long positions on silver even when they are shorting gold. Silver has a lot of room to rise, just might not go up extremely fast.
>>
>>1814099
>gold/silver bugs will get MASSIVELY BTFO when the government will order you to return all gold and silver bullion

Fat chance in hell. Most people throughout history just kept their gold (as no one knew they even posessed it) and hid it somewhere till it became legal again to own it.

I dont know of a single instance where such a law worked. Ever.
>>
>>1813927

Yeah i tend to use JMbullion quite a bit. Ive shopped them enough that i can now get their lowest price via ECheck.

Also, i like to hit up banks for half dollar rolls. Every now and then i find a few silver coins mixed in there. And check your pocket change bois.
>>
>>1813857
> Coins and "collectible" bars are a ripoff because you usually get charged way over spot for "collectors value" that may or may not be real
Numismatic is not a ripoff, you pay over spot for a reason.
The value of a generic round is entirely dependent on the market spot price. Where as coins have numismatic value and spot value. If prices stay steady for the next 5 years, a generic round will be a hedge against the dollar but not increase in value, a numismatic will have appreciated %5 a year. Likewise if the market price goes up or down, the numismatic will always have its numismatic value and appreciation. Semi-numismatic ( generic rounds with nice design/artwork and limited mintage) is entirely speculative, mostly dependent on how much people like the design. I can think of a few that seem to have appreciated more than numismatic.
>>
>>1814260
Unless you've got a business where people come to you with their own stuff it's not worth it. Seeking cheap scrap out yourself is too time consuming.
>>
>>1814480
a lot of numismatic value is a complete meme tho.

see: chinese pandas
>>
>>1814480
+ coins are harder to counterfeit than bars. I wouldn't accept a bar that just got a number stamped onto.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
>>1814661
who buys shitty bars from unreputable mints?
>>
>>1814257
Its pure gold that shows up in the bottom of my sluice boxes after Im done washing the dirt and rocks out.

A lode is something you find INSIDE bedrock and requires blasting and tunneling to reach. Pickers are what im getting which are nuggets that wash downstream and get caught in the streambed.

Ive pulled about 3 ounces all together.
>>
>>1814480
If you actually know a lot about collectors value and can buy it at fair price its okay.

Problem is that a lot of "collectors" items are just prettied up generics and posess nowhere near the price over spot they sell for.

The other problem is say you got 20 $1,000 rare coins. Some guy finds a steamer trunk with 10,000 of em buried at the end of a rainbow and decides to sell all of em at once cuz hes an idiot.

Your $1,000 rare coins are now $300 kinda collectible coins.

Its a bet I dont trust, and dont know nearly anything about collectors markets so I stick to what I know and invest pureley in raw metals.
>>
>>1814689
>Pickers are what im getting which are nuggets that wash downstream and get caught in the streambed
thanks for the info
I'm wondering in which way do nuggets originate, water erosion perhaps? Is there a technique allowing you to trace them to their source?
>>
>>1814700
People used to think that if you followed the creek to some cliffs or large bedrock outcropping youd find the mother-lode.

Unfortunatley a lot of prospectors went crazy chasing fantasies up here because this entire region was under about a mile of glacial ice 10,000 years ago. As it shifted it ground mountains into dirt, pulverized bedrock, and scattered it all over the new terrain.

Gold is heavy, as the glaciers melted it washed into the lowest parts of stream beds. So just because there is gold doesnt mean theres a lode, that ancient glacier coulda carried the paydirt a hundred miles from any direction before it deposited where it is today.
>>
>>1814712
you sure know your stuff, I only watched Cody's Lab vids one of which was panning in AK

best of luck to you anon
>>
>>1813710
Gold should go up when the current stock bubble bursts.
>>
>>1814725
Those shows are SOOO bad.

They show shit like pic related, but I look at the equipment they are using and go "if you worked like a motherfucker using that quality gear for 4 months in absolute virgin grade A paydirt you MIGHT get what the guy on tv is pretending he got in a week"

Its a common gimmick to place the seasons take in a single pan or sluice to look photogenic and get people excited.

I detest it because people will just buy pickers and take photos like that or show videos of them "oh wow lookit what I just happened to find!" In order to sell their played out worthless claim to some greedy idiot for several thousand dollars.

It makes it really hard to sell your claim for honest guys like me because people either have a false idea of what the daily take from a grade A claim should look like, or accuse you of planting gold on a dead claim to sell it for more.
>>
File: GoldPanOnBank.jpg (103KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
GoldPanOnBank.jpg
103KB, 600x238px
>>1814753
Sorry forgot pic.

Gold planting at its worst right here. This one is from a campground that offers gold panning to yuppie tourists as an activity.

Also a racket, you can always tell the yuppies they arent getting anything because theyre amatuers and they always believe you.
>>
>>1814753
I'm not talking TV kikery but an individual from YT
Cody's Lab is one of my favourite channels because he's an honest and likable bloke that's grounded in science
you can see the vid in question for yourself, the action starts at 1:57 https://youtu.be/XmHBPuPfB0k
>>
>>1814187
>>1814592

I have a refinery near me that pays 90% for scrap or converts it to bullion @ 97.5%.

So as long as I take into account price of scrap * 92.5 for sterling * .97.5 or .90 for conversion, I can still come out ahead.

Not every one has access to places like this.

>>1814099
The magnet is strong as fuk, and its not so much as to test for the metal, but to do the slide test. Silver slides slower on magnets.

>>1814427

Ye Jmbull seems like the best or on par with apmex. Will prob be buying 25 ounces next check.
>>
>>1814099
>If it does it will only mean that $100 will have as much purchasing power as $20-25 now. Nothing will really change.

This may be true of gold which tends to follow inflation, but that still means its a better form of savings than fiat currency - in fact when you really study and understand gold you stop thinking about it in terms of dollars anyways.

Silver is different because it is an incredibly useful metal being the most conductive, reflective, and antibiotic of all metals it is used extensively in every single electronic device and computer; and we're not talking trace amounts - an i-mac for example contains 1/2 of an ounce of silver.

I believe that very soon physical silver will be the most valuable material you can posess; they have put "circuit breakers" on SLV paper silvers so that if it gains more than 5$ in one day trading will be paused, the ability of financial institutions to supress the price of silver while hoarding millions of physical ounces is falling apart, even google is literally censoring people who discuss silver -
>>
>>1813830
Buy online from reputable sources. It’s safer that way.

1. Your first order should be the JM Bullion beginner pack. You can buy 10 ounces at market price.

2. All further purchases should be Generic Silver (by ounce) from APMEX. This is consistently the lowest price over spot that I’ve found online.
>>
>>1813922
I buy online in very small amounts from different ebay users, I usually look for good deals on a single coin since I like the nicer coins. Sometimes I will buy 5 or 10 eagles at once from whichever bullion dealer on ebay has the best price at the moment (the shipping through their websites btw is ridiculous so ebay tends to be better)

As far as storing it safely there are a lot of methods, but basically you hide it wherever no one will look and lock it up - and I have never told anyone, even my closest family members that I own silver.
>>
American Eagles or generic bars?
>>
>>1814846
govt minted coins are a lot nicer, there seems to be two types of stackers those who go for as much weight as possible for their money (generics) and those who collect a variety of all sorts of nicer silver (eagles, maples, britanias, perth mint stuff, libertads etc..)
Me personally I buy the nicer stuff and keep everything in acrylic capsules - it keeps me interested. Once you have some silver and do a lot more research you'll understand. btw you can't really go wrong buying an eagle or two as your first purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaJzrOJxV0Q
>>
>>1814667
All it takes to determine the gold content is a few tests, no matter what mint it came from.
>>
This is the most autistically interesting thing I've read in a long time. Good luck on your endeavors, guys.
>>
>>1813786
Cool. Why not build a bigger sluice and get you a skid loader?
>>
>>1814099
Try and find it cucks...
>>
>>1814906
I have a big sluice, I cant use a skid loader because my claim type only allows for hand tools.

Mining claim laws unfairly favor big companies by making fees for such operations high, and requiring expensive environmental impact studies. Only corporate outfits can make profit off of such ventures.

Of not claim jumping is still a thing. Showed up to find a rival trying to plaster his claim markers over mine. Chased him off with some harsh language and gesturing with my AK-47.

If he wanted to work some good paydirt he could just ask and I'd let him run his sluice on my claim a few days a month, theres more than enough gold here for it, but underhanded shit like that is what gets a guy shot.
>>
>>1814027
you're wrong mate.
i'm not advertising, i once bought from this shop. no vat. trustworthy imho.
https://www.celticgold.eu/en/buy-silver.html
>>
>>1814667
>packed in cardboard & plastic
>gingerly held in cotton gloves

So as not to disturb the precious cardboard?
>>
>>1815090
idk, perhaps not to detract from the product presented
those blister packs are pretty solid
>>
>>1815125
Then why even put a hand in the shot? Totally silly.

I've always removed any gold from clunky packaging and opted for tiny plastic baggies instead. Never had any problems selling scuffed 1oz maples raw from the pocket.
>>
File: Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>1815137
you can tell from the filename that it's a thumbnail from a yt vid, perhaps they display different products in it
keeping the bar in the blister supposedly expedites the liquidation process, idk I only stack
>>
>>1815149
>expedites the liquidation process

Can't speak for silver because of tarnish, but it's actually the opposite for selling gold. Anyone worth his shop will ask for it to be removed from packaging so it can be examined and subsequently purchased.
>>
>>1815166
I've seen videos where they expose the gold that is in these cardboard/plastic packaging is very likely to be fake. The idea is people will be less likely to remove it and test it.

In the end a gram of gold is worth a gram of gold so it doesn't matter if it is in the package or not you should always remove it to test it.
>>
>>1815166
>>1815172
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Delivery
these are supposed to be the most trustworthy of mints, at least for us in the old world
I admit I opened only one random 100g bar and carefully measured its dimensions, weight and volume, everything seems to be in order
>>
>>1815172
Especially now that counterfeit or impure buillion is such a big thing nowdays.

Ive heard stories about people doing specific gravity test on large bullion from switzerland and its just a bit...... off. Not a lot, but not right.

So they drilled it out and found a 1 pound tungsten rod inside the core of the bullion.

Was hushed up pretty quickly, and switzerland claimed the bar was a counterfeit of one of their bars, but gold impurity and counterfeiting is on the rise nowdays.

One of the biggest international gold scams potentially going on is that some bullion is not pure gold. Maybe 1 gram per ounce is copper.

But if its a 100 ounce bar thats 3 ounces of copper, if banks trading billions in metals are trading thousands of ounces of copper mixed in with the piles of gold they claim as collateral then that means potentially billions of the wealth some of the worlds largest banks are claiming as collateral is fake.

But mysteriously a full audit is never called and when purity tests occur it on bullion samples provided by the bank in question and auditors and purity inspectors only get theier hands on matierial that was cherry picked by the guys being investigated.

Theres some pretty shady stuff going on in the big time gold trade.
>>
>>1815207

THis. After ordering silver bullion, I always take one out to test it. Might even start a jewtube making videos of me testing my stuff. Im game to drill some holes or sut my stuff in half for science.
>>
File: original.jpg (33KB, 483x320px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
33KB, 483x320px
>>1815435
The next big scam isnt even illegal.

They got these gold $100 bills made out of significantly less than 1 gram of gold leaf stretched over paper.

Theres max $3.00 worth of gold in the thing, people routineley buy them on ebay for $50 to $90.

Its a big flashy and ultimatley worthless novelty item, but idiots get excited because they have zero idea what gold is actually worth, or how thin you can stretch an insignificant amount over something.

Maybe one of your videos could be showing how truly worthless these things are, cuz theres maybe 1/10th of a gram of gold in total in these things and people are currently buying them up at 3 and 4 gram price ranges.
>>
File: petitehoard.png (1MB, 721x827px) Image search: [Google]
petitehoard.png
1MB, 721x827px
I think precious metals will do this year what they always do: shine

I have zero silver. What should I buy first? Kilos, ounces, gram sheets?
>>
File: fake-bullion-bar.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fake-bullion-bar.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>1815459
If just the silver is all you are after 1 ounce bars are the lowest amount you should buy silver in.

Gold is best bought at 1/10th ounce.

Obviously the larger amount you can buy at a time the better your spot price will be, so if you have the means buy larger.

If possible buy from a reputable brick and mortar shop, especially since shipping costs oblitorate spot price. Why spend $20 shipping 10 ounces of silver when you could just use that 20 to buy another ounce?

If you do buy online do so from well rated and heavily verified sellers. Otherwise you run the risk of buying a fake chinese bar like pic related.

Remember, its what the bar is made out of that counts, not what is engraved on it. Any scammer with a few ounces of real gold and a good metal stamping machine can wrap a gram of gold around a tungsten bar and stamp an authentic looking "bank of switzerland .999 fine" on it.
>>
>>1814974
LMAO. You sound like you're straight out of the 1880s. Why don't you just say fuck the government and bring in the heavy machinary anyways? I'm sure you wouldn't be the only business that'd be fucking the government.
>>
>>1815504
Have you ever dealt with the EPA? Theyre like the ATF or DEA only if you agitate some fish or piss off a hippie you're up to your armpits in lawsuits and criminal charges.

In order to get away with and profit from pissing the EPA off you gotta be running multi-million dollar operations so that when the 2 million dollar fine pops up you can laugh and pay it while wiping your ass with the 40 million you made before they caught you.
>>
>>1815471
>Gold is best bought at 1/10th ounce.
Why?
>>
>>1815521
Because spot prices per gram are usually pretty crappy, and most folks dont have enough money to buy it at higher amounts.

Ideally gold is best bought by the kilogram to get the best price, but if you got money to buy it in those amounts you probably dont need to worry about spot price.

Note: spot price means what you pay over market value to whoever is selling it. spot price on gold should be about $1 to $1.50 an ounce.

On grams companies usually mark it up more for smaller weights.

An example: market price per gram is currently $39.64

The gold shop in my town sells it for $42 even.

Thats a spot price of $2.36, which is fucking ridicoulous.

1/10th ounce is at $1.30 over spot price.

People go "okay, well its just a few bucks, why get so jewish about spot prices"

Because if you buy an ounce of silver a week like I do, and plan to do so for a long term period then .50 here and $1.00 there will add up to hundreds of dollars over the years, which is money that you could have used to buy MORE.

MORE is bigger returns when markets spike.

So if I bought 200 ounces at $2.00 over spot when it should be $1 over spot, and markets double thats 10 ounces more I could have sold at twice what I bought it at.

When stockpiling precious metals over a long term period of time that $200 extra you spent on overly high spot prices translates into hundreds or even thousands of dollars in missed opportunity when big fluctuations occur.
>>
>>1815551
>Because spot prices per gram are usually pretty crappy
All right then, I am planning to buy a one ounce maple soon, just needed to be sure I wasn't missing something.
>>
>>1815551
Also collectors coins are horseshit.

I aint talkin antiques, im talking modern commemoratives that are marketed as collectible.

They aint. They say "oh, we only made $1,500! Buy now before we run out! Limited time offer!"

So they sell you a gold coin that has 1/10th of an ounce of gold in it at a %40 markup of what the actual gold content is worth because it MIGHT become collectible someday.

Thing is, since its not even actual currency there are no laws saying that after all $1,500 sell out they cant just make another two, five, or ten thousand more (which they inevitably do)

Garunteeing that your shitty novelty gold souvenir is niether rare nor any more valuable than the metal content it contains.

Unless its a verfied antique a professional assayer has valued at above its metal content do not fall for collectible scams.

If your goal is to use metals as a savings method dont even buy these. The point of storing some of your savings in precious metals is to
A) have a way of storing value that carries no 3rd party risk (wont lose it in a bank collapse, IRS or debt collectors cant garbish it, if you keep is secret your wife cant get half of it etc etc)

B) you can at any time liquidate it quickly to access its value

Antique coins worth more than their metal require negotiations, assayers verification, and locating a buyer who is willing to pay for it, which involves negotiations and time.

So some day when you need access to that money NOW you are faced with a 3 to 6 week assaying and selling process to sell that $3,000 rare coin.

You could have just bought $3,000 worth of silver and gold and can walk into any gold or silver store or pawn shop and sell it at just a little bit under market value to liquidate it within 5 minutes.
>>
>>1815471
I buy from APMEX, shipping is free over $100.
>>
>>1815574
>Antique coins worth more than their metal require negotiations, assayers verification, and locating a buyer who is willing to pay for it, which involves negotiations and time.
you've clearly never bought or sold rare coins.
>>
>>1815590
No?

Okay. Take a shoebox full of antique silver dollars to a coin shop and try to sell them all at once for what they are actually worth numismatically then.

I can take a shoebox full of bullion in and walk out 20 minutes later cash in hand, your collection of antique coins will have to be sorted, inspected, graded.

Liquidating a collection vs liquidating raw metal are two entireley different processes.

Yes, selling a morgan here or there is easy. Just try to liquidate a collection, its going to take weeks, and the more valuable a coin is the more difficult its going to be to find a buyer.
>>
>>1815207
This. There was a big story about a shipment to the Chinese government from the HSBC vault in Manhattan that turned out to have a significant portion that was fake
>>
>>1815603
You usually dont run into fake gold unless its buying online from disreputable sources, or in really big amounts.

Brick and mortar buisinesses are safest because if you find that what they sold you is fake you can take it back (always store bullion with the reciept btw) and inform them its fake.

If they refuse to exchange it you can call the police, I had a friend find a fake 1 oz silver bar in a pile of them he bought from our local shop.

They immiediatley exchanged it for a real one and contacted the police to report the person theyd bought it from.

(Turns out a new employee had bought it and did not test as thouroughly as he should have).

That said >>1815588 is good advice too. APMEX is pretty legit and offers fair spot prices and shipping deals.
>>
>>
>>
These are pretty interesting
>>
My stack as it stands
>>
>>1815734
nice stack.. I need to get some gilded coins the eagle on the top left looks sweet. What year is that bull?
>>
>>1813710
>tfw I bought 20 oz of silver at ~$15 and sold at ~$18

I like it, it is aesthetic, it is historical, and it's REAL and tangible unlike BTC. But, holy shit, the price does not fucking move.
>>
>>1815760
jp morgan, duetsch bank, and the entire electronics industry won't allow the price to move but I feel like silver's time will come soon.

It's really fun to own and collect in the meantime, I'm kind of glad it's manipulated so heavily - historically a person being able to own 100's of ounces of silver is very unique (basically even kings didn't own as much as some stackers do now). I doubt it will ever be this low again.
>>
>>1815774
I'll probably stack again when when I get my fucking master's degree out of the way.

I'm so fucking tired of fucking school. I haven't learned shit, though I did study applied econ, so that's probably why.

I just need to get some income first.
>>
>>1815756
>>
>>1815774
I always thought it would be funny to smelt the gold from my claim into 1 ounce coins and kinda make my own gold coins.

Maybe 500 years from now somebody would find one and go "what country was (my last name) republic? We gotta revise our history books!"

Troll the future!
>>
Really fascinating thread!
>>
File: scrooge.jpg (104KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
scrooge.jpg
104KB, 600x509px
>>1815930
Yeah, you hear about gold and silver stackers and go "meh" and dont think much of it.

Most folks only ever see a coin or two at a time. The first time you hold a 5 ounce or bigger bar you get this vague obsessive feeling like you gotta get more.

Its like a squirrel packing away acorns, ya always gotta add a bit here and there to the stash.

Once you get a good stack built up sometimes you just wanna take it out and look at it. You totally understand the old concept of scrooge-like misers a lot better.

Its important to have restraint and to only use excess income a bit at a time because its very possible for it to become a sickness.
>>
Really nice thread!

A few questions to the claim bro:
Where are you?
No need to give the exact location, but maybe for which gold rush your area was famous?

And since you ripped on panning: I'm thinking about trying it anyways for river deposits. I'm in Austria, and we have some gold deposits in the alps, but forget about getting a claim. But if I just go "hiking" for a weekend and dig around in some good looking river bends, no one will care.
Any resources for that? (mostly technique). fun thing is, I'm a geologist by trade, but I wen't into water (because that's going to be the most valuable thing in the future…), so I'd have to reread a bunch of resource geology stuff anyways.
Btw: I am totally aware that I will likely not find anything (apart from some heavy minerals probably) besides cold hands, but it seems like a fun thing to try, since I like being /out/ in remote places anyways.

Oh, and:
>google is actively censoring talk about silver
[citation needed]
But yeah, they are definitely aware of what we are talking about. Captcha: Disponible silver
>>
>>1815734
What are the small squares? They look quite cool.
And wtf are those? >>1815726 >>1815719 >>1815712
>>
>>1816136
Some people in the youtube silver community noticed that google's algorythms are nerfing any video that mentions silver, bitcoin, gold, pizzagate, and a few other topics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzYEjhU73ow

This is clif high who besides believing that all humans are psychic to some level is very experienced in math and programming, he's quite smart imo but you can make up your own mind.
>>
>>1816140

looks like snappers. You can buy a 100g sheet that has 100 snap off squares like that.
>>
>>1816136
Im in western Montana. Best place to look for gold is faster moving shallow streams that expose bedrock. You usually find the best paydirt in shallow fissures in the bedrock, and under boulders sitting on top of bedrock.

Keep in mind my impressive haul pictured there is a seasons worth of sluicing.

Panning is typically used to test paydirt in a specific spot to see if its worth shoveling into a sluicebox.

An indicator gold might be present is if you are panning the sample and it washes down to black sand with a high iron content as that tends to be the second heaviest element in a creek and it likes to settle in the same places gold does.

Mind you there can be gold with no black sand around and vice versa. Its just a possible indicator.
>>
File: SRND_1-4_OZ_SOL-03-popup.jpg (387KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SRND_1-4_OZ_SOL-03-popup.jpg
387KB, 1000x1000px
>>1816151
Naw, 1g of silver is waaaay smaller. Theyre just 1/4th oz bars.
>>
I typically stack Maples, Pandas and sunshine minting bars
>>
>>1816150

been listening to clif for a year now. his bots' views on ratios of Ag vs Au seem very profitable
>>
File: yt_results.jpg (419KB, 1584x1056px) Image search: [Google]
yt_results.jpg
419KB, 1584x1056px
>>1816150
>Some people in the youtube silver community noticed that google's algorythms are nerfing any video that mentions silver, bitcoin, gold, pizzagate, and a few other topics.
Looks fine to me. The first results are all "nice" conspiracy theories where one could see why they'd be nerfed, especially with bullshit like pizzagate.

>>1816151
Makes sense. But I have never seen silver ones that thiccc…
>>
I'm the anon you're replying to, but I changed my ID.

>>1816192
>Im in western Montana. Best place to look for gold is faster moving shallow streams that expose bedrock.
Kinda makes sense, but those are for more recent placers, since those streams move all over the place (geologically speaking). I guess you'd look at pools and in bends, where you have sedimentation. I guess you are also looking at paleo placers?

>You usually find the best paydirt in shallow fissures in the bedrock, and under boulders sitting on top of bedrock.
Ah, yeah, you mentioned glaciation. That sure does add another dimension to possible placers.

>Keep in mind my impressive haul pictured there is a seasons worth of sluicing.
Don't worry. I think I have a pretty good idea about how much (not a lot, to phrase it carefully…) and the likelyhood (very small…) I will find on my alpine endeavor.

>An indicator gold might be present is if you are panning the sample and it washes down to black sand with a high iron content as that tends to be the second heaviest element in a creek and it likes to settle in the same places gold does.
>Mind you there can be gold with no black sand around and vice versa. Its just a possible indicator.
I see what you are trying to see. They have a similar densitiy to gold and would thus fall into the same traps, but they are not genetically related. There are way more ways to get black sands (or other heavy minerals it is usually made from, there is a lot of areas where panning would probably find you a lot of small garnets and garnet pieces) from your geology, than there are to get gold.
>>
>>1816232
>I see what you are trying to see
2nd see = say.
Bah.
>>
>>1813710
they are in an uptrend right now, butt longer term in a downtrend if that helps.

gold is about twice as expensive on the market now as it's inherent value long term suggest that is because there is very little amount of it on exchanges.

gold is produced at an ever increasing rate and the population growth is slowing if not turning around worldwide.

so in the next few decades gold can get much cheaper.

locally the uncertainty and the impeding doom of several bubbles getting ready to pop can easily drive the price of gold up in the next few years. but to make money on buying holding and selling physical gold is hard all things considered.
>>
How do you test the purity of gold, or know theres no tungsten inside?
>>
>>1816244
Population is still growing and the world population that is growing the fastest (Indian, East Asian, African) love gold!

If you were living in one of these places and acquired wealth, would you trust the government to NOT fuck around with it or would you buy gold?
>>
>>1813710
No idea. Keep planning on buying an ounce or 2 a week but shit keeps getting in the way.

I honestly think these keep better but shit like whiskey is a better investment.

Silver and gold have stood the test of time. But so has strong drink.

I dont know.

Ive always been a collector of odd shit. Figured i may as well start collecting interesting shit of value and open up an antique shop when i'm older and can stock it. Plus have a lifetime of knowledge to find deals at auctions and shit.
>>
>>1815847
#TROLLTHEFUTURE. YUS!
>>
>>1816237
Its all cool dude, my wife is a german she makes the same english errors, and my german is waaaay more terrible than your english.

Yeah, you got it about right, except in pools the gold can be be waaaaay under the sediment. If its just a shallow bed of sediment and gravel on top of bedrock its money.

If its 1/2 meter of muck, 1/2 meter of gravel, and 1/2 meter of bigger rocks then you are going to need machinery to get to it.

Lots of "freshly" fractured quartz is another sign of gold. Gold veins are found in quartz oftentimes. If you can find where the quartz came from on the mountain often times you find the motherlode too. (99% of those available on the surface of the earth were mined out 100 years ago).

If you live in a glacially sculpted are it doesnt mean as much because the glaciers dumped quartz fucking everywhere.

But yeah, if you get into bedrock and start finding fissures with bands of quartz its always a good sign.
>>
>>1816279
If you ever own enough gold for somebody to hide tungsten inside of it you hire somebody to do a specific gravity test, or learn how to do it yourself.
>>
>Population is still growing and the world population that is growing the fastest (Indian, East Asian, African) love gold!
their rates more than halved in the past decade. it's still growing but not in the same rate as gold production is expanding.
>>
File: Obama's Legacy.png (416KB, 844x499px) Image search: [Google]
Obama's Legacy.png
416KB, 844x499px
I'm putting all of my fucking money into Silver, Gold, and Bitcoins equally...

I figure I have a better chance at protecting my assets than keeping US dollars until the hyperinflation shit hits the fan...
>>
File: 75737_Slab.jpg (222KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
75737_Slab.jpg
222KB, 900x900px
>>1816151
Valcambi makes a nice one for a little over $100 currently

http://www.apmex.com/product/75737/100x-1-gram-silver-bar-valcambi-silver-combibar-w-assay
>>
>>1816750
>you hire somebody to do a specific gravity test
rofl are you this naive? you think checking the density or your bars gonna betray a good fake? add some 2-3% osmium to your tungsten (both very cheap compared to gold) and there will be no indicators of any fuckery.

no what you have to do is an ultrasound test, and an x-ray test that penetrates about half an inch into a bar and gives you rough composition.
>>
>>1816807
Do you really think that anyone on 4chan is going to have to worry about if their 20 kilo gold brick is real or not?

Specific gravity is the easiest layman's method for the kind of amounts people like you or me will be handling (10 oz max size).

If anyone on here gets even 10 ounces its going to be split up between grams, pennyweights, and rounds which are not typically counterfeited and whose small size make it easy to detect such tampering.
>>
>>1816901
>Specific gravity is the easiest layman's method
and it's really only useful to spot fakes you can spot by naked eye.

also the tungsten inserts are usually found in bricks not coins or small bars. so your specific density tests are basically a bunch of useless bullshit.

most fakes are simply way too big to be even tungsten cored they are often copper plated with gold. you don't need to mess around with them much as their color will be off their dimensions will be off their packaging will be off their security features will be off and their price will be off.

when you really have to check you are not getting tungstened you are likely buying a several ounce bar. and when we are talking about professional counterfeiters the dipping in water and trying to figure out tiny percentages of difference in levels mean exactly what is simply ridiculous.

just get a fucking ultrasound check it will clearly show any inserts. only platinum has similar speed of sound and density to gold and it's almost as expensive as gold so unlikely you get jewed with that.

every metal distributor will have a proper xray machine to determine purity and an ultrasound machine to determine integrity. why even bother with kitchen bullshit like that? unless you imagine you are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse or something...
>>
>>1816901
Fakes on our level of exchange arent too common as they are easily avoided by

A) not buying from disreputable sources
B) conterfeiting tends to occur on 10 ounce and higher bars, occaisionally 5 oz bars. Most average folks arent buying those sizes.
C) countefeit buillion is not very common anyways. Its increasing, yes, but thats kinda like saying bear/shark combination attacks are rising.

The BIGGEST fake bullion racket is happening on wallstreet or in white collar fraud schemes where you give somebody money and they tell you that you own gold, they only have a few hundred pounds to show off to buyers but sell a few tons worth of it, everyone sits around thinking the gold they have never seen or touched is safe in a big vault, but really it never existed.

The 2nd most common scam is companies preying on people who dont know what gold prices are and sell those god awful "collectible" coins that are shitty impure 14k gold selling at an 80% markup what the metal content actually is.

Another one is when a company sells you gold at lower than market price, of course they hold onto it and charge you handling and storage fees to the point where over 5 years you pay for it twice and they lock you into a contract where you arent allowed to sell it until a certain future date (typically 5 or 10 years).

Much like other kinds of crime people focus on the millions per year lost in blue collar fake bullion schemes when wallstreet and ponzi schemers scam billions a day.

Kinda like how if you rob $20 from a c-store you get 10 years in prison but if you embezzle $200,000 from the parapalegic orphans with cancer charity fund you manage you get 2 years house arrest and a fine.

Fake bullion is something to look out for, but it is far from common. A guy in a suit and a smile with some paper work is the face of the biggest threat in gold markets right now.
>>
>>1816140
Small square ones are one tenth ounce you can find them in the fractional rounds on JM Bullion the rather subversive ones are found at SD bullion under the Silver Bullet Silver Shield collection here's one that was $30 over spot that I just couldn't justify but I really like the design
>>
>>1816946
I like the designs on em, but $30 over spot? Jeeeesus anon...

Maybe im still thinking like a poor person but I couldnt bring myself to buy metals at those markups.
>>
>>1816937
>fraud schemes where you give somebody money and they tell you that you own gold, they only have a few hundred pounds to show off to buyers but sell a few tons worth of it, everyone sits around thinking the gold they have never seen or touched is safe in a big vault, but really it never existed.
Seems like those are kinda common. My gf once got into a "sales party" for something like this once through some friend. Apparently they did all this
>gold is the only true value!
>if SHTF, you'll be able to barter
and whatnot goldbug stuff, and then:
>best of all!
>you need not to worry about storing it and keeping it safe, because it's all nice and safe in some swiss mountain bank vault 100%
>…
>wait a sec…
>does this offer include a helicopter so that you can fly to your swiss mountain bank in a zombie apocalypse?
>no?
>360 degree
>walk the dinosaur, you know the dril…

Also relevant:
Related "funny" story:
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/finanzen/devisen-rohstoffe/die-bwf-stiftung-soll-6000-anlegern-gefaelschtes-gold-verkauft-haben-13533342.html?printPagedArticle=true
if you can read german or wanna give google translate a try.
The summary:
>some company sells gold "shares" worth €57 mil to about 6000 folks
>they are really cheap (no fees for the sale, no fees for storage)
>they even solved the issue that gold does not get you interest and that the gold price fluctuates
>you buy it, but leave it at the seller so that they can trade with it
>up to 6.5% guaranteed pa returns!
>we get these returns because we sell to jewelers who will pay a premium because we are faster than other gold sellers
>someone presses charges
>because they have the wrong licences for their business model (this is germany, you gotta have your correct paperwork!)
>shop gets closed
>gold is to be sold, so that investors get back their money
>turns out that the basement of their house is full of "gold colored objects made out of metal"
>5kg bars weight only 2.1kg and gold colored crap
>>
>>1817130
and if anyone needs anymore german gold stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNFJGyA-LY
a 70s "tatort" about a scheme very similar to the story above.
>>
File: DSCN0235 (Mittel).jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0235 (Mittel).jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
rate my bar
>>
>>1817130
Heres a good one.
>german treasury "leases" gold to duetsch bank (allows the bank to hold it and claim it as collateral for a regular fee, they dont TECHNICALLY own it, they just physically posess it and borrow money against it, you get what I mean)
>duetsch bank "leases" gold to US treasury without saying anything to german government
>few years later german treasury conducts audit of duetsch bank
>DB is still counting the gold they "leased" as collateral in thei posession but they dont actually have it anymore
>german treasury demands us Treasury allow them to see their gold
>us treasury "LOL NOPE! Muh security issues n stuff, you just gotta take our word for it that we still have it"

The implication being that the german treasury gold content now only exists on paper because the US treasury super duper double pinky swears to the germans it does (they just arent allowed to see, handle, inspect, or take it back)

You wanna talk about fake bullion you dont gotta worry about gold plated tungsten, you gotta worry about paper swearing that theres totally tons of gold stashed in a vault somewhere that a significant portion of the worlds economy is backed by, only nobody has seen it in decades and nobody is allowed to see or physically posess it.

THATS where the REAL fake buillion rackets are.
>>
>>1817204
10/10 would wring my hands greedily over.

If you need a safe place to store your 45grams of gold we at shekelstein and litigationbergh securities would more than happily store it for you. For a small handling fee of course.

Theres more than enough room in our vaults to store a 40gram piece of gold! Of course theres a small annual storage fee, but what price can you put on knowing your 35grams of gold are secure?

Naturally theres a small matter of minimum contract length of 5 years, after all we are going through a lot of trouble to store your small allotment of 30grams of gold.

We offer 5, 10, and 15 year legally binding security contracts, and promise that you will not lose 1 gram of your 25grams of gold!

Afterall, owning 20grams of gold is fine and well, but paying us to ensure your 15 grams of gold dont go missing will give you peace of mind at night!
>>
>>1817280
Btw, people actually put their signature on shit like that and fucking mail their property to somebody they never met who promises to hold onto it for them.

A "company" in florida ripped off almost 5 million in precious metals last year, they didnt just convince people to give them gold, they convinced them to PAY FOR IT TO BE STOLEN.
>>
>>1817247
I guess that is also part of the reason why the german treasury is currently trying to move a lot of the stuff back home.

>>1817287
Oh, wow!
I can "understand" why people would fall for frauds where they are promised money, but that? WTF? Don't banks where you can rent some space in their vault don't exist in the US?
>>
I went through a silver phase a couple years ago and bought about 30 2012-14 chinese pandas and a few 10oz bars. I like the bars more but I can't help but think the pandas are much better as an investment due to the numismatic value skyrocketing with age. The 2008 panda I bought for like 40 bucks is now around 80.
>>
>>1817247
Thats why buttcoin will prevail over gold (already has over today), at least anyone can see that shit and verify how many butts any address owns.
>>
File: IMG_20170224_132914.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170224_132914.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>1817204

Not bad, but I like mine better.
>>
>>1817299
Think about how stupid and semi literate some of the people youve met are.

Now imagine that
A) they got some gold
B) theyre afraid of burglary, fire etc etc

Now imagine that they go online and see a website that has a video of houses burning down, guys in ski masks rifling through a safe, and a dramatic theme playing as a professional sounding narrorator describes the dangers of banks becoming nationalized. Cut to footage of greek riots when people found the banks closed and they couldnt access their saftey deposit boxes.

Then positive music begins playing and a very suave trustworty fella in a suit walks through high tech looking vaults full of valuable stuff guarded by stern looking guys in very trim and intimidating security uniforms stand guard.

They explain that their vault service isnt just a metal box, but offers full insurance against market fluctuations, nationalization, and loss or damage.

"Finally!" Thinks the 70 year old retired millworker who never completed the 8th grade, "a place where theres zero risk and if anything bad happens I get my money back!"

He picks up the phone and places a call, a week later his gold is on its way to its new home and he only has to pay $29.99 a month for piece of mind!

Except as soon as his gold arrives its sold, the "company" only has a minimum amount on hand to send to people withdrawing so as to maintain the ruse, its really just a ponzi scheme.

And thats how grandpa loses his life savings.
>>
>>1817303
Yeah I am into collectible stuff too there's so many neat coins and imo its worth paying a bit over spot since you win in the end if silver goes to the moon or if it doesn't your pieces still gain a lot of value, right now I'm trying to get 3 or 4 each of the 2 oz queens beasts.

As long as you get this sort of stuff when its new you can't really lose.
>>
>>1814667
That's actually a good mint as far as I know
>>
>>1817322
I buy nothing but theirs and the occasional Muenze from AT, posted that bastard as an example of a good'un
my OCD drives me to standardized dimensions
>>
>>1815447
Gold is the most malleable of metals so it can literally be made into few atoms of thickness but I'm fucking sure those look AWESOME!! For social media and rap vids so...hey they deserve to be ripped off,I'm more pissed about those pawn shops offering old folk in need shit for their gold
>>
>>1817299
Almost every nation with gold reserves being held in foreign banks are trying with varying degrees of success to repatriate it.

Russia, india, and china spent the last decade buying gold like crazy. With so many chains of "leases" going on its entireley possible that the gold they have on record as "leased" to somewhere in turn was leased to the US who in turn "leased" it to russia or china as part of trade deals or debt interest payments.

Posession is 9/10ths of the law, if say, the south china sea gets hairy germany could demand thier gold back from the US, who would shrug and say its in a bank in beijing and the commies flip the german treasury off and declare that they just nationalized it.
>>
>>1815983
Hahahhahahaha yup,I only started one month ago because of the upcoming elections in europe (holland,france,germany and possibly italy)and the chance of big happening in case some decide to uncuck themselves out of the eu...and regardless of that or not I could always sell at the nice peaks that would for me and buy at the bottom times,then I started reading more and more and i decided to...stack for long time,maybe sell some parts of it but,and...Dude It really is nice holding them,I just buy them for bullion and most are old spanish coins of half ounce pure silver mixed with copper and bullion coins without any colector value so I love to...touch and feel the weight of it,get used to it and handle them,not only because it's nice but to get the touch and get my senses used to the feel and the weight of it
>>
>>1817382
the ping sound it makes is also very pleasing
>>
>>1814822
What is slv?
>>
>>1817563
A silver etf, one of the many that are used to rig the price
>>
i want to sell a mint silver coin (1972) on ebay, is that a good market?
>>
>>1817612
No it is not. Take it to a coin shop and figure out what its worth first. they can grade it and tell you what its worth and will either buy it or at least give you an idea of what to price it for.
>>
>>1817204
Why the 50g pour? Was it the best deal at the time or do you prefer that size for other reasons?
>>
>>1817418
A silver eagle is nice and flat,it has a good nice ping,the Canadian maple is more chubby so less ping european coins like philarmonica are thicker even so it's ping ain't so beautiful.
I guess in america it's different in europe the best way to buy is by using some local ebay like sites and physically going to buy at hand,that way you avoid paying 21 %taxes in silver,gold is completely vat free.
When buying I always carry a coin bought from a reputable store so as to compare sizes,then carry a weight with me and a strong magnet,if you can pass those 3 plus flipping ping,it's good enough for a coin
>>
File: 1488000284928-1561017524.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1488000284928-1561017524.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
Bought 5 more ounces today. Noticed the shop owner had an EGA tatto. I asked what unit, turns out we both served in the same marine infantry unit 10 years apart.
He sold it to me at spot, pretty cool.

(Theres this stupid thing bars here do where they allow people to pay tabs in silver or gold to seem all woodsy for the tourists)

The bar displays the stuff by mounting it into plaques in the bar top for a while, then sells it off as they get new silver pieces. These two dirty coins smell like whiskey giving away where they came from, but silver is silver and its passed the magnet test and weight test.

Plus I got a recipt anyways. I always keep recipts and only buy from local shops, if they wont take back a fake and exchange it for a real one things will go very very poorly for them. Because its montana, when you got less than a million residents it makes slinking into the crowd a lot less feasible.
>>
>>1814974
Does a mining claim give you the right to shoot someone? It feels like a dumb question but its genuine, i honestly dont know and it wouldnt suprise me for some states
>>
>>1817986
Its....... kind of a grey area. Its not legal to "kill somebody from ambush" in any state, which means that if they arent trying to kill you back and you make no attempt to warn them of your presence or ask them to leave before you fire then you are gonna go to prison.

If you tell somebody to fuck off your property and they refuse, its a grey area. If they refuse and become hostile its guns free in my state.

After they tried to bow up on me when I told em to get lost I just readjusted the rifle from slung across my back to a more agressive carry position and told them to leave a bit more forcefully.

Its a small area, folks know I did my time with the infantry in afghan and iraq and that if it turns into shooting Im taking atlesst one person down with me before I go.

They fucked off and probably are currently adding to my legend as we speak bitching about it to their white trash buddies at the bar. Only 3200 people in the county, one's reputation builds quickly. Probably be another 6 months before anyone decides to get froggy. If they do I will gladly invite them to jump. I survive 2 ieds, a sucide bomber, a rocket impact, and 37 gunfights, 4 of which lasted 2 days or more.

I aint rambo, but I also aint your average redneck with a gun either.
>>
>>1817996
Montana, eh? I'm from Connecticut, gun laws are extremely different haha

Good for you.
>>
>>1817997
I grew up here, it didnt used to be so trashy before the mines and mills closed. Folks werent rich, but they had jobs, which kept prices on rent and shit high enough the junkies and welfare queens couldnt afford to move in.

Mines shut down, mills closed, and slowly the degenerates crept in. Used to be a guy would just fuckin ASK to work some of your paydirt and hed understand to bring you a 6 pack of beer here and there when he knew you were out on the claim bustin yer ass to say thanks.

Nowdays its just white trash whose first instinct is to steal. And not even smart shit either, shovels, hammers, a pair of gloves. If it aint nailed down they just steal it on principle that its there and nobody is watching.

Fuckin disgrace is what it is, this place needs a purge.

In any case I got a functional mine, got great GI benifits, and married a rich girl from europe so im doing well. Folks are starting to refer to me like I got money.

Maybe not much by metropolitan standards but I own everything outright, my debts get paid in full every 30 days.

Makes me a king here.
>>
>>1818008
Well CT isn't a metropolitan area but you should come stay here sometime. The whole country is a shitshow now. I bought my unassembled AR lower before they completely banned it. Live with a bunch of skittish pussies here after the Sandy Hook thing.
>>
>>1817952
If you're buying silver at retail outlets, doesn't that mean you're paying a significant mark up on what silver is actually worth?
>>
>>1818022
And this state is going completely into the shitter in almost every way. I'm bound by what they're counting on - staying close to family and friends.
>>
>>1818024
Nope. Im only paying $1 to a $1.50 over spot price.
>>
>>1818045
A good way to not get marked up is some simple bickering tactics.

Foremost, know what you are after.

Are you a collector or are you playing the markets? If you are a numismatist or somebody who just likes having a pile of shiny things then price over spot might not always be a concern for you.

If you are trying to use it as a form of savings or to play the market then quantity trumps numismatic value.

If you walk into a store and go "I got 150 bucks and wanna buy silver" theres a good chance the owner might slide you something thats metal content it $100, but its numismatic value is $150.

Thats 2.5 ounces of silver extra you coulda walked away with. If you are a numismatist or simple collector then hey, the %50 mark-up might not bother you.

If you are going for quantity like I am you dont show money, you say "hey, whats your price over spot?"

They say 1 or 2 dollars.

Okay, so every ounce will be market price, plus 1 or 2 bucks. Lets say this store is 1.50.

Okay, I got $150 bucks in my pocket

Okay, I got enough for 7 ounces with some change left over. So I say SPECIFICALLY Okay, I want 7 ounces of silver.

The shopkeep then goes behind the counter and grabs 7 ounces of generic non-numismatic bullion and sells it to me at market price, plus his take of $1.50 per ounce.

Im after pure quantity. I dont care about pretty pictures, fancy mints, or commemorative nonsense. I only care about weight and purity.

Its when you start buying stuff that has some kind of collectors value that you get price gouged well past metal content market value.

Collectors like the pretty froo-froo stuff like that, im just there for the metal itself.
>>
What does everyone think about all those gold reality shows?
eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJFEsvAOWFU

WTF are they supposed to tell me? It's always:
>I failed at everything in life
>digging for gold is my only chance to pay my debts
>I dont have a clue about anything
>running a huge amount of expensive machinery with loads of people
>shot of a shot-glass full of gold
And then I'm thinking:
>yeah, sure, that's worth quite a few k, but now divide it by 6 and pay for that fucking diggers and all the stuff you broke, you need a few steins full of the stuff

Do people literally believe that shit, or am I totally wrong with the prices of diggers and such in AK, or is everyone just watching it ironically?
>>
>>1818194
But anyways, I'm kinda tempted to try digging for gold just for fun. And since I am no attractive female, I have to gold-diggin the oldschool way.
Now I am totally aware that there is a 99%+ chance that I will not find anything, but I would wanna give it a try still.
Any recommended yt vids about how to handle a pan? Searching for panhandling brings up weird stuff…
>>
File: Tschernovetz.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tschernovetz.png
1MB, 800x800px
And I have a question and a story for you guys.

How do you store your stuff? At what point does it make sense to invest in a safe or lock it in a bank vault? Or just put it in my sock drawer? That's what I am doing right now. I guess spreading it around might decrease the risk to loose all in a robbery (some also in the underwear drawer, some with the cuttlery, some under my flower pots…), but I guess the most great ideas I will have, some criminal had before me.

and kinda related story:
>grandpa dies
>so family meets to clean out his house to sell it
>he made quite a bit of money with stocks and such
>he also had quite a bit of silver and gold
>all correctly passed on to his kids
>just rummaging through the house, to see if there is anything we could need or sell and to throw away the rest to make it look neat and tidy for sale
>stinky ass 60's pleather attache case in the attic
>ugh, lets throw it out
>why is that so heavy?
>pling
>Oh, some silver eagle!
>open it
>oh, some more!
>smells like mold, so we all gather at the table in the back yard under the apple tree to sort through it
>more eagles, some maple leafes
>some random russian red thingies (pic related)
>looks like one of those european dimes with loads of copper
>OK, google time
>WTF?! thats almost pure gold.
>more random russian things, but silver and shiny.
>Turns out it's platinum coins
>more "boring" silver coins
>some obvious gold coins, with the receipts
>all in all about $25k in this smelly bag
>stored in the attic since forever
>multiple times he had workers on there to repair the roof and to upgrade the heating
Was kinda fun, sitting in the garden with the whole family, counting gold and silver
>>
File: DSCN0391 (Mittel).jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0391 (Mittel).jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
>>1817280
Where do i sign up?
>>1817312
Nice
>>1817837
I wanted to buy a Valcambi cast bar and 50g is the smallest they offer and coud not afford to buy a bigger one.
>>
>>1818196
>Searching for panhandling brings up weird stuff…
>panhandling
I imagine it would...
>>
>>1813786
Do you ever fear you are losing out on gold because your are not using modern techniques
>>
Derp
>>
>>1818327
thatsthejoke.exe
>>
>>1818327
i expected something involving sex fetishes instead it was all legal.
>>
File: collection.jpg (921KB, 2292x1712px) Image search: [Google]
collection.jpg
921KB, 2292x1712px
I buy a lot of sunshine mint products because of the micro-engraved security feature.
>>
>>1814292
There's been multiple overstep of executive judicial powers. Point in case FDR's 33 Confiscation. Nixon overturns Bretton Woods 71.
>>
>>1817307
I just heard over the police scanner "311".

I think bitslaves are cucked beyond repair.
>>
>>1814974
Don't you already have documents stating this claim? That seems like an easy lawsuit, why would he do that for maybe 2 weeks gain? Sorry I don't understand
>>
>>1814027
No one gives a monkeys about milk spots

For generic bullion its purity and weight
For collectors unique defects add value
>>
How many ounces of silver do you aim for? I have around 30 so far and my target is 100. The only gold I have is a 1/10th ounce apmex coin.
>>
>>1818713
We are not talking about spots on the coins, but spot price. Like, the price that is generally agreed as the value of a certain amount of metal, to which a seller would want to add something, to make some money of the trade.
>>
>>1818336
Im not LOSING any of it, im just not getting it very fast.

I ran the dirt through my 1st sluice into a bucket, then ran it through a 2nd sluice, did that for a day.

1st sluice had the usual amount of gold for the day (bout 1/10th of an ounce) 2nd sluice didnt have anything, which means just the one is doing its job fine.
>>
>>1818685
Which is why I used the qualifier "in theory".

If a judge wants too fulfill their duty you have a chance. If they want you to lose you will lose.
>>
>>1818566
All mints do that.

Be aware buyers are not very enthusiastic about private mint should you ever want to sell.
>>
>>1818721
I have 36 one ounce bullion, and 105 half ounce bullion (my countrys equivalent of half dollar silver but with half ounce,50 years old currency)so right now I have 88 ounces and 98 grams of gold,I started one month ago and went full mad max,now I'm more calmed down but i don't have a"goal"I see it as a retirement investment of sorts given that the state pension I give my taxes 4 probably will be spent as soon as boomers tap in to realise that money is long gone in social welfare and shit for new Europeans
>>
I live in Norway, so I'm pretty much forced to buy coins because of the crazy VAT (coins are VAT free and also play better with taxes because of it being a "collection"). But most of the coins I find are at 3-4$ above spot (silver), so I was wondering if it's even worth it. I also have to keep in mind where I'm buying from, because the shipping cost can really ramp the fuck up.
>>
>>1818745
norwegian silver stacker here too!
I have bought mine cash in america, and I plan to take home some from lithuania since they are tax free there... but yeah, coins in norway is also tax free...
You can buy over the counter in oslo, for a ok price, but not great.
>>
>>1818691
Its actually kinda hard to do lawsuits on it. The county says its a state matter and the state says its a county matter. (In other words if you aint a corporation pulling 15k a day outta the ground nobody cares about your rights to a claim enough to enforce the law).

These guys are just pill popping white trash morons, I explained the type earlier. They steal shit they could just ask for routineley because theyre stupid shitty people with no morals or common sense.
>>
>>1818745
Buy from celticgold.eu
VAT FREE silver.
>>
>>1818727
One man operation eh? I did some sluicing for precious gems, Texas Topaz. Ended the day with killer back pains from all the gravel and got maybe $50 total, 2-3 <15carats rest crap. Not including the gas, the prospecting fee, camping, can't see this more than as a past time, you make a living with this?
>>
File: Arkenstone.jpg (19KB, 250x347px) Image search: [Google]
Arkenstone.jpg
19KB, 250x347px
>>
>>1818762
I COULD make a living with this, but then it would quit being a fun few days away from the wife and turn into work.

The gold aint GOING anywhere unless I dig it up and take it with me.

I got claims set up on 5 miles of creek in one basin and 3 in another with varying amounts of productivity along them.

I average abput 1/10th of an ounce per trip, so 10 trips nets me an ounce give or take.

I make about 20 per summer but I bring family along or old timers who are down on their luck and can teach me shit from a lifetime of mining.

When I get help on the claim I list em on my paperwork as employees and give em equal split on the days take.

I could be pullin about 2 to 2.5 ounces a summer but the best way to not get robbed is to be generous. If folks know they can ask to work my claim and just give me a bit of their pickings or send me a few bucks gere and there they wont be sneaking onto it to just straight steal it.
>>
How many years would you expect to have to hold on to silver before getting some good returns?
>>
>>1818793
can't predict that because the market's heavily manipulated, has been so for a while
best case scenario would be a divorce between paper and physical markets
>>
>>1817997
Where at in CT? I'm there as well.
>>
Just bought 25oz of silver. Not a huge amount, but it's still pretty exciting.
>>
File: Sunshine-Decoder.jpg (50KB, 1080x370px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine-Decoder.jpg
50KB, 1080x370px
>>1818736
>All mints do that
Not like this.
>>
>>1818793
Silver markets are volatile. It can shoot from $15 an ounce to $40 an ounce and down to $6.50 an ounce over the course of a year, other times it just quietley gains 2% here and 4% there for years before skyrocketing or plunging.

Gold is more stable, but not by much mostly due to market manipulation. Guys like jpmorgan and rothschild unload onto the market, prices plunge, they buy super low in vast amounts, prices spike then stabilize. The gold markets can be wildly swung around by only a few dozen people right now.
>>
>>1818745
>>1818754
I buy from dedicated forums in wich a reputation as a buyer and seller can be traced,and is hard earned,that way I can buy spot,main concern is i do make all my deal in hand tk hand transactions since I like evaluating the things I buy plus you safe on delivery fees I can travel for free due to job,so I do some tourism as well and get spot or even under spot (but still better than cash 4gold offers)
I'm sure such things exist in Norway but your country is more sparsely populated and distances are killer plus human interaction isn't big with nordic so I guess it's not common there
>>
>>1818940
>plus human interaction isn't big with nordic
i want too live there more and more. it would be perfect for me i hate the sun i hate heat i hate people well at least talking to people. i could stand 20 meters away from the next guy in a bus stop it wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>1818987
I do t complaint either about autistic trends,I much rather be surrounded by people minding their own fucking business than people bothering me,but in this kind of things is an inconvenience since I much rather buy goods I can check before paying
>>
I've always looked at metals as a security and not an investment.

Honestly, you're better off flipping collectibles or antiques.
>>
>>1818997
>I've always looked at metals as a security and not an investment.
then you are smarter than 95% of this board.
metals are not investments they are insurance. and it costs you one way or an other to hold them.
>>
>>1819014
Mike Maloney hater right here. Go sabotage someone elses thread, Goyim.
>>
>>1819027
nah i like maloney i like his vids they always somehow soothe me. i would never do business with him tho. he is of the same ilk as kiysoaki just better spoken.
>>
>>1819037
anyhow the history of money series is really nice. he talks bullshit about perma-buying gold but that's his product and he tries to sell it.
>>
>>1819041
From the videos I've watched of him, including the History of Money series, I think he is highly encouraging people to play the market. Recognizing that there are trends in the market, highs and lows and how you can use that to your advantage. Buy low, sell high.
I ordered his book last week, hoping for it to be a good read in understanding the gold/silver market.
Waiting on my first 10 oz. so I've got a ways to go.
>>
>>1819085
really you can watch the vids of any guy but always ask yourself the question what does he try to sell me on? what's his product?

with mike it's easy enough his merchandise is gold and silver. and he is very good at selling it. i have watched a lot of peoples vids that grumbled about how mike scammed them they were the typical bagholders. and i wondered "did you really thought even for a second that this guy who is really nice to listen to and a great salesman and all is trying to help you? you pathetic little cuck!"

so beware when mike maloney tells you the only solution is buying gold it's probably bullshit. doesn't mean he is not making good points and everything else.
>>
>>1819107
Yeah, its pretty interesting to note that when you read articles on metals the ones by folks selling it will ALWAYS say its going to go higher in value.

Silver could be peaking at $50 an ounce and silver sellers will in breathless excited tones explain how its going to hit $150 an ounce before it peaks and the time to buy is now.

True story btw, back in 2010 I had salesmen try to tell me that I was stupid for selling at $30 an ounce cuz everyone who knew anything about the markets were BUYING because they knew it was going to hit $90 per ounce.

Yeah, and you just so happen to have some silver at $30 an ounce for me to buy huh?

Salesmen are not good people to listen to about the markets. They are good to listen to on advice about HOW to buy and HOW to sell, but never take market advice from somebody who is trying to sell you something.
>>
>>1819124
indeed
>>
>>1818793
gold/silver are long term holds vs inflation

the longer you hold it, more value it retains. if you want returns buy into a growth fund
>>
>>1819214
>gold/silver are long term holds vs inflation
not quiet holding their value against inflation tho. at least in the past 30 years they sucked big time.
>>
File: inflation-adjusted-gold-price.png (77KB, 872x498px) Image search: [Google]
inflation-adjusted-gold-price.png
77KB, 872x498px
>>1819234
here is the chart btw.
>>
>>1819234
>not quiet holding their value against inflation
Back in 1964 a 90% silver quarter would buy 1 gallon of gas. Today the same quarter would fetch ~$3 at a coin shop - about the same amount as a gallon of gas.
>>
>he buys silver

Silver is too plentiful and corrosive to be worth its weight. I bought a few 1oz coins and immediately decided to stop. Its simply not worth the space and weight considerations in large quantities.

If you want to invest in a silver account thats one thing, I don't doubt it will increase in value alongside gold but I personally just find it cumbersome compared to the already highly condensed and portable value of gold which is only going to climb higher with the fiat racket starts to collapse.

I buy a British full sovereign every month at random from Apmex. Its barely over spot and has the added benefit of being a circulated coin with historical value. My first was a young Queen Victoria which is worth about $30 more than I paid for it just in collector value.
>>
>>1818784
Sorry man, but there is a saying "eaten bread is soon forgotten"

You are setting yourself up for betrayal, and if anything ended up spreading news of your fortune far and wide with a side of hot "gibsmedats". Greed is a powerful thing and the best thing you could have done was not tell a soul and carried on as a hobby while stashing it a private SDB.
>>
>>1819547
this is not true
>>
>>1820179
https://www.google.com/#q=average+gas+prices+in+1964&*
>a gallon of gas was 30 cents

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1932-1964-Silver-Washington-Quarter-Value.html
>$3.3203 is the rounded silver value for the 1932-1964 silver quarter on February 24, 2017.
>>
This is a pretty cool thread
>>
>>1819850
Especially true when the market drops out, reason for the hedge in the first place. But right now I think he's safe since he can easily claim it as a hobby and or claim later on he converted it to over inflated cash.
>>
>>1819850
I think you underestimate how incredibly remote this place is, and how few people live here.

Besides, mining claims are a matter of public record, anyone who wants to know where it is can find it out at the county office.
>>
Speaking of which. Since hard currency being the hedge that the currency system goes belly up, so this is me being stupid. Perhaps reading way too damn much into the quote: "Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people". If shit hits fan, barter value will be so ridiculous, that supply would cause ridiculous arbitration in prices. I might need a tinfoil hat but I keep a vertical farm rack (x4) and biannually refreshed turnip seeds in house. I barely have any gold save for some 2-3 ounce <85% purity gold-silver bars I had casted way back out of self sluiced crap.
>>
>>1820372
This is true, my dad pointed this out once. If shit hits the fan and some crazy militia type is sitting on top of a warehouse full of chili saying a case of chili = 1 ounce of gold, well then, the market value of gold is now a case of chili per ounce.

But I try not to get into that too much because quite frankly something like that is a good ways off if ever, and planning your entire life and finances around disasters that may never happen isnt wise.

Besides which im a combat veteran and I posess good gear and valuable expierience, I could always just join such a crew if my survival relied on it.
>>
>>1819837
What advantage do you see in Sovereigns and half sovereigns over let's say 1/10th luces and 1/4 ounces(easily recognizable and more simple to calculate worth with and work with i terms of equivalents
just curiousity,I myself have some Netherlands gulden that are also some random 6.06 fine gold plus alloy
>>
>>1819234
oil prices have been artificially suppressed for the past few decades so probably not the best to measure anything in them. maybe in a few years after a bit of free floating after the funeral of petrodollar scheme.
>>
File: pre-1964.jpg (1MB, 2168x1696px) Image search: [Google]
pre-1964.jpg
1MB, 2168x1696px
Bump
>>
File: GlowingPeriodicTable.png (917KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GlowingPeriodicTable.png
917KB, 1920x1080px
What are the altcoins of elements?
>>
>>1820287
that is not true
>>
>>1820708
So where's your evidence?
I could say the sky is green but that doesn't mean it's true unless proof is provided.
>>
bumping for jew porn
>>
>>1820519
I dunno half of what your question was, but for me I just like sovereigns because they are plentiful and well regulated. British mint did a good job melting down the underweight ones and they are pretty hard to counterfeit and even easier to verify.

They have a good portable size and just enough weight to be able to tell its gold. I don't think half-soverigns are a good investment unless you get a good deal. They are usually twice as high premium over spot as well as getting you half as much gold.

As far as 22 carat Crown Gold goes, I think it helps it maintain it shape and makes it harder to damage or steal gold out of. If shit hits the fan it will be easier to use proven minted coinage than the vast variety of different gold bars out there for more foundries than can be counted.
>>
>>1820733
the sky is not green retard
>>
>>1821181
Whatever you say kiddo.
>>
>>1821141
Greentext of a military whore getting her comuppance
>buddy has a new girlfriend
>we'd just finished a machinegun range and he begins extolling the virtues of this mystery woman
>shes gorgeous, good in bed, moral, upright, loyal etc etc
>even works right there on base so he can see her every day (except sundays, because shes at church, and friday because she has bible study)
>wait, where does she work?
>taco bell
>hear voice from back of group
>"taco bell girl? Hey! I fucked her last week!"
>another voice "wait a minute! Julie? I Fuck her every other sunday!"
>third voice "wait, julie from taco bell? I fuck her every friday! Shes my main booty call!"
>could go on, but long made short julie has been whoring herself out to atleast a 6 people in the platoon
>not even exageration or guys giving my buddy a hard time, they got photo and video evidence.
>julie is also the battalion master gun's daughter
>she is not 18
>guys all nope out, dont hear anything about julie for about a year
>year later see julie
>shes married to some dumbass ipac pog with downsyndrome who she has managed to convince to raise her half-mexican baby
>turns out once she turned 18 she finally got knocked up
>daddy master guns decided shes an adult now, got her dependant status as his child revoked, and transferred to okinawa and FUCKING LEFT HER IN 29 PALMS
>the guy was so disgraced by his daughter that he just straight ditcher her whore-ass in the desert almost literally barefoot and pregnant
>we took sadistic joy in watching her transform into overweight desert-critter dependa trash over the next few years
>julie status updates became a running joke within the platoon.
>guys went to taco bell just to report back estimations of her weight gain, the discovery that she was having a 2nd dependa-brat, the distance her tits were beginning to sag, the advancement of sun damage on her skin, and the continuing downward spiral of her appearance.

Contd....
>>
>>1821505
Epilogue:

Most of the time sloots like that leave a wake of shattered careers and welfare enslaved enlisted behind them and come out on top of things with frustrating regularity.

Watching tacobell julie's life decisions prey on her over time became a beacon of hope for our gang of jaded and disgruntled machinegunners.

We had all been fucked over by types like her, it was heartening to see atleast one case where she got exactly what she deserved out of it.
>>
File: flawless-diamond.png (324KB, 754x425px) Image search: [Google]
flawless-diamond.png
324KB, 754x425px
What's the /biz/ opion of investing in precious gems like diamonds or opal?
>>
>>1821505
Shit, wrong thread. Was swapping military whore stories with some other vets on /k/
>>
>>1821516
Dont. Diamonds would be worth about as much as quartz if the debeers didnt have a monopoly on the market and only release em onto the market a few at a time.

To make matters worse they can manufacture diamonds that are chemically and structurally indistinguishable from the real thing now.
>>
File: diamonds.jpg (192KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
diamonds.jpg
192KB, 1600x1200px
>>1821524
>Dont. Diamonds would be worth about as much as quartz if the debeers didnt have a monopoly on the market and only release em onto the market a few at a time.
Uh…
no.
There is three things that make them worth more than quartz:
-Technical uses. While you can use quartz in electric applications (think quartz watches), the hardness of diamonds just gives them some inherent uses that make them worth something. But yeah, just judging this aspect, we are talking about very low values (compared to the current prices), especially due to the point below. The following are much more important:
-People like diamonds. Just as with gold, there is this idea of inherent value. A nice Bergkristall or some hard to photograpph quartz aggregate like pic related might even be more beautifull to some, but it will never be as expensive as the same wheight in diamond. Now this is no guarantee that they will be forever as expensive as they are now, but it will guarantee that they will stay somewhat valuable, just like gold, which is also way more expensive than it should be, purely on technical merit alone. and the whole thing comes from:
-They are rare. Just like gold, there simply are not many diamonds around on this planet (or at least not at depths that we can easily access, or access at all). And that is also what gives them their value bonus over quartz, just like it makes gold more valuable than some gold colored alloys.
That said:
BeBeers still plays their game with diamonds, and there is a reason that gold is used as a store for value, whereas diamonds are generally not. I guess you can still make money from them, but you'd probably have to do a lot of research.

>To make matters worse they can manufacture diamonds that are chemically and structurally indistinguishable from the real thing now.
yes.
but only small and for tech uses. and cheap jewelery maybe.
>>
>>1821622
A Dimond drops in price as soon as you take it out of the shop.
Like the person you're responding to said, the only reason diamonds hold it's value is due to a monopoly.
>>
>>1821630
Agreed, plus diamonds dont have a standardized trade market like gold or silver.

Diamonds are sold on a sliding scale of type of cut, weight, color, size, clarity etc etc.

As soon as you buy it it loses value and trying to sell one is highly dependant on what the assaying party says about it. Pro-tip, the guy selling will always claim its perfect, flawless, grade A stock, the guy buying a diamond from you is always going to claim several imperfections, complain about quality of the cut, and toss out a lowball offer.

Gold or silver is price per ounce, pure and simple. You always know what you have and there is no arguement as to price because its an international market.

The only negotiation is spot prices and if you have even half a brain you can go to places that dont gouge the fuck out of you.

THAT is why Gold and silver are such popular vehicles for saving and investing.

Rich people can buy shit like land, art, expensive vintage cars, jewelry etc etc. They can afford to hire experts to sell for them, average joes like you and I dont know jack shit about diamonds and gotta take whatever the guy we are hawking it says he will pay for it.
>>
>>1821141
I was wondering why did you decide upon sovereigns instead of some 1/4 ounce bullion coins wich being fractions of an ounce make it simpler to calculate the content and are approx the same content of gold,so should shit hit the fan I think it's better to have the value in weight stated and it would be easier to trade with.
For example I have some gold guldens from Netherlands and I'm sure the average Joe dosent know the weight and characteristics
>>
>>1821630
>>1821638
Oh, don't get me wrong, I mostly agree with you on the in-feasibility of the "using diamonds as investment" idea, I was mostly just trying to point out that their general value does indeed come from some ingrained idea of "diamonds = fortune", which is in turn linked to some inherent scarcity.
Because, while
>average joes like you and I dont know jack shit about diamonds
certainly is true when judging their markets, I do know quite a bit about their geologic origins, and they are really rare. It's not only de-beers fault that they are as expensive as they are. But yes, that alone does not make them a good idea to invest.
>>
>>1821668
Agreed. Any item where 90% of the worlds supply is currently locked up inside 1 groups vaults is a terrible investment.

You leave the value of the investment to the whim of whoever controls the scarcity.

Plus diamonds do have kind of a meme quality to em as you mentioned. Prior to mass consumerism being a thing they really werent a part of jewelry. They were too difficult to cut for anyone but royalty or aristocrats to posess, and they were seen as kinda boring.

People wanted more colorful stuff.

To those who couldnt afford gems wedding rings, earrings, and necklaces tended to be plain gold or silver.

It wasnt until the emergence of the middle class in the 19th century that a niche french family whod been making thier money cutting royal jewels decided that they could convince people wedding rings needed to have a diamond on them.

If it wasnt for this recent concept that diamonds are required for weddings or romance diamonds would still occupy thier niche place as nifty but not all THAT desireable.

I would estimate maybe a third of a diamonds value is due to the whole "diamonds are forever!" Meme created in the 50's.
>>
>>1813780
>silver is going 'extinct' and soon.

Ore Geofag here. Trust me. It's not.
>>
>>1818997
Fucking this
>>
a little bump before it falls of the board, because this is the most decent thread I have read here in years.
>>
>>1822724
I normally dwell on /k/, this is my first forray into /biz/, what normally goes on here?
>>
>>1822912
lots of kneepad jokes and, well, you know how /k/ is full of useless wanna be operators? This place is full of equally useless wanna be wanna be traders/richfags
>>
Could start setting up a precious metals general. This thread has been gold and silver though I'm sure as time goes on, more people with more knowledge will join. If you like the idea start dropping informational links for people to research from, names of experts who discuss metals and trusted websites or tips and tricks to buying precious metals.
>>
What the hell should I do with 3 pounds of rhodium?

Also why is gold so much more popular than plat?
>>
>>1823059
Gold is and always has been at powerful symbol of wealth and value, platinum is just valuable for its rarity and industrial uses.

So cultural mostly.
>>
>>1822955
>>1823045
Maybe I could start that up.

I kinda chose between 2 ideas, one was my rifle design I want to develop as a possible buisiness venture but I thought precious metals was more relevant.

(/K/ Knows a lot about how guns work, gun laws, and fabrication, but doesnt know jack shit about selling them, thought maybe /biz/ might know more)
>>
>>1822912
They discuss how much money they'll make when the 2nd Amendment is abolished.
>>
>>1813780I myself have some 90 ounces of silver and I'll keep with silver but even if I wish the best for its value but

I still try to mantain a critical enough position on all those silver is the second coming of jesus because of muh industrial applications,since one of the reasons it's used for industrial applications is that it's relatively cheap compared to other PMtls, and should the price go up I'm quite sure lots of those industries will search for a "second best thing"

for example platinum is top tier when used for catalytic reactions but it's expensive so people try to go for alternatives like in margarine production.
>>
>>1823059
You can link the second question to the first actually,one reason gold is more popular is...what the he'll could I do to sell platform should the need rise?probably you can't sell it,pawn it as easily as gold,you might get stacked with a very valuable yet non appreciated piece of shiny shiny metal.
So,yes it's cultural>>1823154but also unless you know someone will buy your platinum, rhodium and palladium from you in case Shtf or if you see the need to drop it and sell it quick...then that gives gold a huge advantage as value storage since its more easily convertible
>>
File: 1 oz.jpg (647KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1 oz.jpg
647KB, 1200x900px
Uncle bought me this for my birthday last year 2, 1 oz silver dollar coins. It peaked my interest so I've been thinking of starting collecting silver.
>>
>>1823203
>>1823218
Nothing but love for you, but your syntax is migraine-inducing.
>>
File: IMG_20160419_183514.jpg (26KB, 290x232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_183514.jpg
26KB, 290x232px
>>1823172
>when

Unfuck your shit immediately
>>
>>1823221
Not sure if eagles have any collectors value at all
They are reliable bullion buys though.
>>
>>1823229
I'm sorry my man,phone cuck here so words are changed at random and as I struggle to change them back I forget where was i in the sentence so I might end up with really weird sentences I simply hope the point gets understood.
>>1823251
They don't but you never know in a few years time they might,people make collections and some day somebody might be seeking some 2016 eagle and you'll be able to push their OCD for money
>>
>>1823312
If I were to start a silver coins collection what has collectors value? Or just simply better to buy bullion generic coins?
>>
>>1823334
The most compelling argument I heard against collector coins was in case Shtf,everyone will try to sell silver,and it's better to have 200 one ounce silver coins than a ultra rare one ounce "worth" like 200 ounces at a time without a crisis,for in times of upheaval people won't pay for premiums,if youre cash strapped and need to sell it youll take what they offer,they might not even want the fucking silver and prefer to simply barter so super rare coins will be worth their weight.
I personally prefer the weight and go for bullion coins or old currency coins,in my country we have nice half ounce silver at 800 fine silver,so they are very durable coins,very widespread só they can easily be bought in in bulk if you're willing to travel,people sell them for spot price and i have historical coins so I get a win win win situation,

I also try to get one of each kind of coin,of the main bullion coins,one eagle,one maple,one británia, etc etc so when I buy from others I have a known to be true coin to compare with and also get used to its shape etc.

I mainly buy philarmonics due to being european but if I offered spot I would buy any bullion.
In my case I use forums that have some reputation system so I can find trustworthy dealers and always bring a scale,a magnet and proceed to ping the coins (another reason for bringing a known to be true coin is you can hear it's specific sound)
>>
>>1823377
I actually rxplained this that way to somebody who was SHTF stockpiling the other day.

If you approach your neighbor after a disaster and go "hey, this here morgan silver dollar is worth $1,800!" Hes gonna look at you and go "no, its worth a loaf of bread."

At which point one would be very sincereley wishing theyd spent $1,800 bucks on silver rounds instead.

I got numismatic pieces, but I dont PAY for them. I find em metal detecting around old mining and logging camps and such.

Turns out miners and loggers
A) had a lot of silver pocket money
B) didnt have anywhere to spend it
C) got drunk all the time

Drunk guys with pockets full of silver got to brawling and passing out in the dirt 150 years ago, they tended to drop a lot of money on the ground, which was then trampled into the dirt.

I come along 150 years later with a metal detector and find it. So far havent found anything real valuable, couple garden Varietey silver morgans in rough shape, assorted silver nickels and such, nothing worth more than a few dollars over the metal price.

But yeah, numismatics got too many pitfalls for me to pay money for em, and if times do get rough they magically turn into just another lump of silver.
>>
>>1823865
Other pro tips i can think of is using old coins and always acting like it's your last coin,so I looks as if you're scraping the barrel and try to act as so,don't go around showing your shiny collection of coins less you wanna bring back interest,if you're thinking numismatic value means high value in concentrated form,you're misspelling gold,also,small coins are great to make small payments, you don't want to pay in lingote if possible...

So to round up this is pretty much like "what gun"is the best for this kind of situation,the answer is the one using the most readily available and common ammo in your area,same goes for wich silver rounds to use,the most well known,easily recognizable,durable etc etc,and old coins have all that,not in vain have they been used exactly with that in mind,to be used so they are harder,come in good fractions and sizes etc etc
>>
>>1823952
Exactly. Ive been to 3rd world warzones where order has broken down.

/k/ would have you believe the best SHTF gear is the fanciest, flashiest, scarriest looking juggernaught suit of armor and the flashiest rifle you can find.

Not so. That just broadcasts to everyone "hey, I've probably got something worth sneaking into my house tonight and cutting my throat for!"

Same goes for precious metals in such a situation. Dont just pull out a 100 gram snapper sheet and pop a gram square off. People go "oooohhh! A stacker!" And immiediatley know you probably got more at your place.

You can dirty up the metal by getting it greasy and maybe charring it a bit to get soot and carbon on it. Make it look like you REEEAAAALLLLLY had to scrounge to get that tiny little 1 gram tab of gold.
>>
>>1823059
>What the hell should I do with 3 pounds of rhodium?
Does that mean you have 3 pounds of the stuff?
why?
how?
>>
And since we were discussing diamonds for a bit upthread, I just happened to read this weeks economist on the crapper this morning, and they had a few nice pieces on the current situation:
>http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21717382-could-anything-replace-diamond-waning-power-engagement-ring
tl;dr:
Mileninials might not believe in the powerful symbolic of a diamond engagement ring anymore, but rather opt for sharing their uber reputation.
>http://www.economist.com/news/international/21717369-production-worlds-most-valuable-gem-may-be-about-peak-report-de-beerss
tl;dr: didn't yet read completely myself, but deBeers is building a huge mine, which has a lot fo implications for about everything in the diamond market.
>>
>>1823059
Wait a minute, you got rhodium?

WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE IT!!!! that shit was worth almost 10,000 an ounce in 2010!!!

Its worth about 900 an ounce now. So thats 42k.

Idk why im getting excited, 7 years ago it would have been worth $430,000, so youre probably lying. Pics = proof.
>>
>>1823975
Theyre trying to get one last blast in before synthetics devalue the market in the coming decades I think.

Theyve been at this for 2/3rds of a millinia. When they opened buisiness war still equaled swinging swords at eachother, so its not wrong to assume the plans they make range farther ahead than most.
>>
>>1823978
Now I want to own some Rh
>>1823980
>so its not wrong to assume the plans they make range farther ahead than most.
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but yes, I do agree that the diamond market might be operating by other rules than the general economy.
I just figured it could be an interesting read for folks in this thread.
>>1823962
>SHTF and bartering
Due to my lack of interest in conspiracy theories and me being european, this is not exactly my priority for "collecting" gold and silver. But yeah, it probably won'T hurt to have it in small units, compared to your general wealth. If you are a billionaire, people will remember that, even after the happening, so no need to hide and you probably can have some large bars and will find a way to split them into useful units, but as a common guy, probably not.
I dont want to highjack this thread too much, or be too much of an obsessed european, but are there any recent "case studies" for a western society getting into such a situation?
The only thing I can think of for europe was WWII, and while having gold, silver and a gun certainly wouldn't have hurt in that situtation, you also could get along well without one. Even under heavy bombing, Germany was still very german, with functioning laws, shops and police, which is very far away from the /k/pocalypse fantasies.
>>
>>1823989
Venezuela,argentina,or even closer to home Cyprus,or greece,or China, imagine having your money on gold before the yuan depreciation,before the gov slashed your bank accounts and pensions,before the gov decided it will no longer operate under market values for money exchanges and it keeps an official value for its currency,

those are good examples of not so long ago things,I think the crisis will hit us hard again and that time people might not recover the faith in paper money and even before that moment arrives and order breaks down...
there is inflation just because more debt is created and more paper money moves it doesn't mean the problems are solved it just means inflation is growing,

but anyways what government is looking forwards to is having cashless society,a world where all money can be tracked and taxed and blocked and taken out,many countries are rooting for that cashless moment,if paper money is worth shit even out of the banks...good luck when money can't even be stored out of the banks due to it being cashless,I simply hope the bubble hits us before that time
A bit more into tinfoil hat fashion european myself
>>
>>1823989
Hummm my examples below are of situation where gold is useful,Venezuela is a bit of both there are still laws and so but it's more chaotic than germany even in ww2,apart from that I can't think about anyother example near europe but also today's germany ain't ww2 germany so if even in peace there are troubles in law and order with new europeans going feral in big cities all over Europe, I'm thinking some la riots style /k/ pol fantasy might happen
>>
>>1824000
>or even closer to home Cyprus,or greece,
I know those, but I was more looking for total-breakdown-of-civilization examples. Those are classic cases for hiding your money at home, in gold, and then exchagning it for whatever comes next in a still somewhat official way.
Fun story:
I was working in Greece and Cyprus in 2011 and 2012. Even flew in on the exact same day folks at the ECB where discussing wheter to fly in mountains of cash to make banks be able to spit out money, or whether to simply lock every ATM to €50 per person or something.
And guess why I lost that job in 2012…
But it never was total chaos and our subcontractors would have looked at me funny if I had tried to pay them in gold.

>there is inflation just because more debt is created and more paper money moves it doesn't mean the problems are solved it just means inflation is growing,
Ironically, at least in the euro-zone, so far we had stagflation or negative inflation, even though the money presses where running 24-7.
No guarantee that this will last, but me thinks we are entering "a new era", where old rules not necessarily work anymore.
But yeah, especially here in Germany, there is a very deep fear of inflation, since we have been through it (pic related. 20 billion Deutschmark to send a fucking letter…), which explains our violent opposition to all the euro rescue actions. (the other is probably the fact the the german word for debt is the same as guilt).
But in combination with our famous rationality and productivity, this makes for an interesting situation.
>but anyways what government is looking forwards to is having cashless society,a world where all money can be tracked and taxed and blocked and taken out
Yeah, this is going to be interesting. But I doubt it will happen.
>>
File: 800px-20milmillones.jpg (117KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
800px-20milmillones.jpg
117KB, 800x900px
>>1824012
forgot pic
>>1824007
>so if even in peace there are troubles in law and order with new europeans going feral in big cities all over Europe,
Nah, not really.
We have had terrorist attacs and other "incidents" and we do have criminal "refugees", but the situation is nowehere near as bad as a certain spectrum of the media might want you to believe.
>>
File: 310px-C-54landingattemplehof.jpg (26KB, 310x295px) Image search: [Google]
310px-C-54landingattemplehof.jpg
26KB, 310x295px
>>1823989
Germany post ww2 had a GI popping out of every bowl of kraut to make sure the territory we occupied DIDNT descend into chaos and give the ruskies an excuse to "intervene."

And not to be the arrogant american, but your grandparents didnt tell you how for 11 months we flew planes non-stop to feed berlin when russia blockaded it to starve it into becoming soviet?

I mean my nation does a lot of fucked up stuff, but we really did stick our necks out to rebuild europe after ww2 and have been dumping capital into it for almost a century after.

You guys act like you pulled yerselves up by your own bootstraps, and you all did in a lit of ways, but there hasnt been a time since 1945 when there werent 250,000 us troops patrolling your borders and billions of $$$$ subsidizing your guy's governments.

Theres a REASON yall didnt end up eating eachother like the ukrainians, and it sure wasnt "german tidiness."
>>
>>1824013
I don't trust the media to make an assortment of the situation for me,I'm one of those happy go lucky folks that deals with the sources of those happenings,maybe I'm not a reliable source either precisely because after having to deal with scum all day you can't make a fair judgment either but...without the gov paying all those social benefits,if even with them they resort to violence...i dont See a happy outcome should police and law become over taxed with work...AnD no handouts availeable...

But that is my opinion as a southern european who has been dealing with migrants for 20 so years and who works regularly with police and has lots of companions who used to be in the elite military units posted at the borders with morocco not of a German who has the experience of 3 years of self impossed mass migration so again I might be looking at a more ugly picture than it really is.

(first generation arent even the worst because they remember the shithole they come from and ain't so entitled,just see france)
Anyways that's my bet,personally I wish nothing happens of course and I wish everything goes well but i much rather be ready.

If you're german you can buy cheap gold and silver, most of the European bullion goes through frankfurt at some point,also thing about Estonia, silver it's vat free there and it is eu so you can go there and pick up some coins without having to worry about customs although I suggest you do check just in case,at least I know I would have no problem
>>
BTC and ETH are surpassing gold and silver prices and those who own those two crypto coins are now making 10-50x what they invested just 12 months ago.

Meanwhile, Jews are suppressing PM prices till infinity via etfs
>>
File: Buttcoin-infograph.png (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Buttcoin-infograph.png
18KB, 400x400px
>>1824059
Crypto currency guys always get excited like the market getting cornered and crashed by bots isnt a regular ocurrence.
>>
>>1824014
>Theres a REASON yall didnt end up eating eachother like the ukrainians, and it sure wasnt "german tidiness."
It certainly is not only that, and the huge efforts of the allied forces (=mostly the US, the mentioned Berlin Luftbrücke and the special situation of Berlin afterwards is well known throughout all of Germany) can not be underrated, but I honestly do believe that germans being germans had a huge part in it.
Just compare it to Iraq.
From an outside perspective, that seems quite similar (crazy dictator and a complete system gone, huge military presence, huge investment) to post-war Germany, and look how that worked out. But I guess you probably know more about that situation.

>>1824056
>so again I might be looking at a more ugly picture than it really is.
Probably. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle, but sadly, in the current political landscape, this truth gets lost.
There are possible benefits of immigration, but not exclusively so, as the left would want to make you believe, but there are also huge problems to be faced and solved, but they are not as impossible as the right would want to make you believe.
It seems like both sides have lost the ability to even talk with each other in a civilized manner.
>>
>>1824079
The difference is western vs eastern civilization. Europe had the benifit of being occupied by white people like themselves.

I dont think a chinese or islamic occupier would have been able to hpld and rebuild europe without chaos and uprising ensuing.

Korea and japan are the notable exceptions to this, but we also had history dating back to the 1500's occupying their countries and they had already westernized a lot before we rebuilt them in our image.

The only people who can occupy the middle east will be people from the middle east. With all the tribal bloodshed and petty genocidal undertakings that entails.

Best quote I ever heard regarding the islamic countries was "it would be easier to let them slaughter eachother. Too bad they got all that oil under em."

If it werent for the trillions of dollars worth of oil they decided to live on top of the middle east would just be ignored like africa or south america.
>>
>>1824067
Don't get me wrong I own over 40k in PMs between Gold and Silver coins. They haven't increased in value since I bought in 6 years ago.

I own BTC and ETH and they're much more profitable and will continue to beat traditional investing.

It's like IT versus manufacturing, you're still refusing to move.
>>
>>1824104
No shit? you bought silver in 2011 DURING A 30 YEAR RECORD HIGH!!???? And its the MARKETS FAULT you arent making any money????

Buy LOW sell HIGH.

you bought HIGH when you should have been selling and are blaming the markets for your mistake.

You are just proving the image I used to be correct.

I bet when silver was $40 an ounce that year some salesman convinced you the apocalypse was coming and you fell for it.
>>
>>1823242
Short SWHC buy HASBRO, no one actually NEEDS guns, goyim!
>>
>>1824747
Had i known what I know now and had i had had any money to spare back then I could have easily fallen and bought out my whole account worth in that,but now I'm more chill out knowing there ain't no hurry and i can either sell or buy as I please,pity is i had no money before the crisis when my gov was giving away gold months literally weeks before the crisis started as it was "more"expensive to keep it than its value...i saw that piece of news and thought myself how nice it would be if I could buy some if only for its beauty...but Yup everyone has a 20/20 hindsight.
Now I just buy whenever I find some good deal worth the trip,but i made some rookie mistakes.
Anyways in case this thread closes I wanted to say it was nice to read you,wish you the best of lucks.
And if you come to Europe to cleanse it after you cleanse america,in the a/pol//k/lypsis I'll be up the mountains in northern spain
>>
>>1824920
When gold spiked in 2011 a lot of folks got suckered in. I mentioned it a lot earlier.

When markets peak big owners gotta sell, they do so by hiring salesmen who go
"Yeah, silver is up to 30-40 an ounce, but this is it, this is THE BIG ONE! If it follows this current path its gonna be 150 an ounce by the end of the fiscal year! You gotta BUY BUY BUY while you still can!!!!"

This isnt TECHNICALLY a lie, if it follows that trajectory then yeah, it'll get that high, but the key word is "if".
Its dishonest because the guy selling to you knows that value is peaking and hes only got a few weeks to unload 3 tons of silver before the price drops back to 15 an ounce and stays there for the next decade.

You made a mistake, but dont feel too embarassed, you have an opportunity to share it with some people so they dont fall for the same trap.

Is this scenario what happened to you?
>>
>>1824942
No,i just said it could have happened had i had any money at that time,I started later and also rushed in as any rookie would but luckily I got in at the lowest side of a rising slope so it wasn't so expensive and i already got my money back,my rookie mistakes were buying at shops things I could get from other dealers at forums therby avoiding taxes 21%in my country but with shitty salaries,also I bought too much gold because gold is VAT free,luckily I was an avid reader so I soon got on the right track
>>
>>1825404
You guys gotta pay a tax to buy precious metals AND sell them? Dude..... that SUCKS
>>
>>1825418
>You guys gotta pay a tax to buy precious metals AND sell them?
If you do it in small amounts and private, it's tax free.
But commercially, yeah, the taxman wants his share.
Also, we have this fun thing where silver coins are taxed less than bars, because coins are a currency, and you can't tax exchanging currency or something.
Speaking of which:
why are some coins more expensive than others (not numismatic coins, there I understand the differences)?
I'll probably spend a few € at those guys next week:
https://shop.degussa-goldhandel.de/silber/silbermuenzen?dir=asc&limit=24&order=price
But what exactly makes a 1oz maple leaf more expensive than a 1oz australian nugget but cheaper than a philharmonic? With those, it's only a few cents, but with the 1oz lunar chicken, it's quite a few euros.
Personally, I'd just pick the maple leaf, because those are well known.
>>
>>1826323
And what's also really weird, is that the 5 and 10oz coins have a higher price per ounce than the 1oz versions. WTF?
>>
>>1826325
1oz bullion are mainstream, more rare a coin is the bigger the premium.
>>
Silver seems to be on the rise this past week. I was hoping with Trump's speech last night and the boon in the stock market to day would if not decline, but stay steady. Now silver has gone up 20 cents today alone.
Is this the time to stock up on a bulk order of silver, or is there going to be an expected dip over the next couple months?
I think silver prices by the end of 2017 are going to be astronomical to what they are now.
>>
>>1827074
i wouldn’t wait for a dip. 18.43 vs 18.00 isn’t going to make a huge difference.

2017 is going to be a yyuuugeeee year for silver
>>
Buy Generic Silver
Buy Generic Silver
Buy Generic Silver

You fucking idiots, why would you not buy generic. It has the best price over spot you can find online.

Buy generic silver from APMEX’s website by the ounce. It’s not worth it unless you buy over $100 at a time (free shipping over $100)
>>
>>1827112
>>1827115
I wanted to pick up some philharmonics, first and only minted silver I'll pick up.
I'll stick to a tube of that and take your suggestion and save my money by buying regular silver bars.
>>
>>1827143
The philharmonics are nice looking

I consider anything over spot price, a fee, to be avoided.

It’s all a transaction fee. The premium they charge over spot, shipping costs, etc.
For me, precious metals are an investment, so the goal is to get as close to spot price as possible.
>>
>>1827156
Also...
When you buy Generic Silver by Ounce from APMEX...they literally reach into a bin of random silver and throw your order in a box.

You might get some basic sunshine mint rounds, some cool poured silver pieces, a rare whatever, some old toned coins, etc. And it’s all the same price.

PRO TIP: When you place the order, you can put a comment in the box and say something like

“Hello, I would prefer to get rounds, or toned coins, or pirate coins” or whatever the fuck you want.

And if they have it in stock, they will try their best to give you that!

So try placing an order for generic, and then ask for philharmonics in the comment box ;)
>>
>>1824014
You flew the planeswith food to berlin because you were considering to use germans to fight russia and that's the case for every goid thing you did for germany - it has always been for your own interest in the first place, including rebuilding the economy, because your elites overtook our companies aswell.

Americans weren't as bad as the soviets, but it doesn't change the fact that you did every good for own interest
>>
>>1827156
Agreed, the spot over price you're paying could be used for more silver. I see the minted coins as a trustworthy item that every dealer can recognize as being genuine, though in a shtf scenario, that is still only 1 oz of silver.
>>1827169
will look in this, thanks. Already saved over $150 browsing for a purchase.
>>
>>1827186
Also if you’ve never placed an order from JM Bullion, you should take advantage of their Starter Pack.

They give you 10 ounces at Spot Price, just to hook in new customers.
>>
>>1827192
I got the deal this week, my shipment should be here on friday.
Out of 4 online companies I'm looking over
JM, SD, Apmex and Gainesville
Gainesville has the cheaper for my specifications
philharmonic 1 oz x 20
generic 1 oz x 80
followed closely SD.
I'll be paying with a check since I don't mind waiting for my shipment knowing that I saved a credit fee plus 4% off my order.
>>
>>1817315
Kek, I'm clearly seeing it now.
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.