[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody ever work in a copyshop? Or are you expert in printing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Looking at this service:
http://printme1.com/
They charge $11.99 for 150 pages copied, comb bound, including USPS media mail shipping in the US.

What I am wondering is: How do they do this and still turn a profit?

To figure out the answer to this, I am posing this question to people that are professionals in the copying/printing business. I assume you have access to the best machines that are A. durable. B. Gives you the lowest print cost. What are the brands and models of printers/copiers that can do this job at the lowest price?

It seems like there could be money to be made if one exports this concept. Just going to Canada or Mexico would be sufficient.
>>
sauce?
>>
You'll never break even
Printing businesses are cutthroat
>>
>>1813327
I am good with competition. This is basically a tech question and not a general advice one. What make of machine do I need to be able to print, comb-bind and ship 150 pages and still break even?
>>
>>1813198
What you are searching for is a risograph.
>>
>>1813443
Brilliant, anon. Never again will I say that /biz is naught but a bunch of cunts. Thx.
>>
>>1813198
>>1813429
What if they charge that little just because they want to win some customers fast(maybe they've just joined the market)
>>
>>1813494
Yeah. It is likely that they make profit on bulk orders from some, and break even on the rest.
They are not a new company though. They've been printing for students and paper-RPG players for a very long time.

I've been googling a lot to find cost models for copy shops, but have not been able to locate anything good. There are many important aspects to factor in. The percentage of the page that is covered. The shipping deals you can get etc etc.

The Risograph thing that was mentioned before is very interesting, but it seems to be useless when it comes to doing one copy. It does save you a lot of money when you do bulk though.

I actually don't mind low margins. I have another online business where I have about 15% profit margin. You take the profit you can get.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.