[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so gullible to pyramid scams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5139.jpg (169KB, 750x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5139.jpg
169KB, 750x775px
Why are people so gullible to pyramid scams?
>>
>>1812974
What does Hypersoc1al even do?

It looks like a (((MLM))) operation farming Instagram activity.

I can't even comprehend how someone could think that would be profitable to come into.
>>
>>1812974

Everybody wants to rule the world.
>>
Appeals to greedy youth brainwashed to be egocentric.
>>
>>1813071
This.

The people who get sucked in are self-motivated but not enough to start their own business the honest way so they piggyback off an MLM company which ultimately screws them in the end but they're too short-sighted to realise it.

Essentially with the millennial generation being raised to believe they are unique and special, a lot of millennials now are becoming sucked into the ol' scam of "own your own business without the tedious part!".

Bunch of stupid idiots if you ask me - /biz/ users would never fall for such a thing themselves. I have faith in our community.
>>
>>1813179
>Bunch of stupid idiots if you ask me - /biz/ users would never fall for such a thing themselves. I have faith in our community.
Fucking kekerino here. Yea biz might not fall for MSM but they fall for all kinds of crap shilled here.
>>
>>1813185
like what
>>
>>1812974
A good con intentionally looks sketchy.
You want the mark to think that he's part of a con being pulled on someone else.
It could be as subtle as claiming that you're going to topple the traditional industry by using sales psychology.

Basically everyone wants to be a con artist themselves, so they're remarkably willing to go along with known con artists out of the hope they'll learn something.
>>
>>1813262
Damn, you hit it right on the nail
>>
>>1813224

Dropshitting.
>>
>>1813265
It also sets up this situation:
>Dude the cops/lawyers came, arrested/sued me, and took all of your money. Don't worry, I'm not going to rat you out. I'll get back to you in a few days.

Been pulled a thousand times. The Sting being a good example.
>>
>>1812974

1) They're stupid

2) They know nothing about economics

3) They're usually fairly poor

4) At these interviews (I went to one not knowing it was a scam), they inflate your ego as high as they can and seem like your buddy. Thankfully to intelligent and cynical to fall for that one.
>>
>>1813284
my mother is not stupid, but she knew nothing about economics for sure. they are like a fucking sect they tell the people what they want to hear and have all these tricks.

we told her these schemes make money on the distributors not the customers. she was not convinced so we set a maximum she was allowed to lose on that crap. when she reached it instead of getting rich (and besides lost hundreds of her friends and contacts that never wanted to talk to her again) she learned her lesson.
>>
>>1813185
We biz are a proud people.
>>
>flip homes in as little as 1 week! We do all the work! No experience necessary
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.