[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr: should I live in my parents house until they die so I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 6ZFTC0V.png (459KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6ZFTC0V.png
459KB, 1200x1200px
tl;dr: should I live in my parents house until they die so I dont have to pay bills/housing/food/transport/almost anything and save as much as i can ?
>>
>>1812823
>should I live in my parents house until they die
How long would you expect that to be?
IMO it's only acceptable to live with your parents until you're 25. After that it just becomes weird. But I mean, if every thing you do is financially involved then sure, I guess.
>>
>>1812827
That's pretty arbitrary, m8. They turn 25 and it's no longer acceptable to mooch? But 24 is fine?
>>
This will allow a higher ratio of savings to expenses, but at what cost?

You'll be limited the job market within commuting distance of your parents house. Your social life will be limited in the same way.

Move to an ideal area of your country. It may have a higher cost of living, but there will be more opportunity as well to live the life you want to live. Thinking long term, this could mean a better financial life for you than just staying with your parents and savings as much as possible.
>>
>>1812832
Yeah, that's why I said IMO. Really you can't put an age to it, it's basically just circumstances that arise like getting a partner, or buying a car, getting a pet - that sort of thing that becomes a problem with parents at home.
>>
>>1812842
Which occur as you start getting older, you're right you can't really put an age to it - but I'd say around 25 is when it'd become really noticeable and start to infer with your life considerably. However, it varies person to person - circumstance to circumstance.
>>
>>1812823
Id do it for a year or two after highschool so you can have a comfy savings and them get the fug out
>>
File: 1487188264534.png (549KB, 1493x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1487188264534.png
549KB, 1493x1567px
>>1812836
>tfw live for free with great aunt in brooklyn
>>
so im approaching two years since moving back in with my parents after graduating college and still don't have any desire to move out at all

i had a job right out of school and im pulling $85k, no debts (my parents didn't help one bit with college), mostly just spend money on groceries, lunch at work, and gas to commute which takes all of 15 min.

i could have easily never moved back in, but the idea of home ownership disgusts me and i just can't see what I'm going to get from moving out and renting, other than a shitload of new expenses I could have avoided
I'd be renting some absolute piece of shit apartment, not one iota closer to work

problem is I don't see myself moving out, ever, and the social pressure it's putting on me increases day by day, at this point I kind of hate everyone around me
I'm kind of just miserable all around and don't know what to do anymore
the grass is always greener on the other side of the lawn and so it feels like I'm trapped forever
>>
>>1813008
What do you do?
>>
I'm 26, live in Portugal, live with my parents, have a comfy job in good distance of home, cleaning/food/bills all on the house.

Really want to get my own place but the prices are ridiculous, aimed at tourists. I'm waiting on having a stable partner with which to share the expenses.
>>
>>1813065
what's it matter
>>
>>1813087
Also Portuguese, 38 and live with parents, all my friends live with their parents and we range from 34 to 42 years old.
>>
File: 205.jpg (126KB, 768x899px) Image search: [Google]
205.jpg
126KB, 768x899px
>>1813112
tfw Poortugal is not just a meme
>>
>>1813117
actually is far worse than what people think, but no one cares about insignificant poortugal.

Greece is in a worse financial situation than poortugal, but the Poortuguese people are doing much worse than the people of Greece.

http://portuguese-american-journal.com/crisis-the-pain-and-shame-of-poverty-portugal/
>>
>>1813138
another Portuguese here, but I'm 24 and live on my own.

I wouldn't say it's worse than people think and we're definitely not doing worse than the Greeks (have you been to Greece? It's really not comparable), the main problem is the housing market going crazier and crazier every year. We got to a point where minimum wage might be enough in small cities, but in Lisbon/Porto it's definitely not enough. On the other hand, Lisbon and Porto are the only cities with job opportunities. So with a typical low-paying job you have a choice every month: either a roof or food, but not both. And that's why there's so many people still living at home. In other countries you'll see house/rent prices adjusted to wages and to the cost of living, but not here. Everything is cheap enough for our wages except rent, and it's only going up.

As an example, I studied in Ireland for a semester and paid less for an apartment in the centre of Dublin that I pay currently for my apartment in the outskirts of Lisbon.
>>
>>1813138
yet you still stay in the eurozone
>>
>>1813168
how would leaving the eurozone help us? It'd make things even worse, it'd be chaos
>>
File: denbts.jpg (55KB, 1014x468px) Image search: [Google]
denbts.jpg
55KB, 1014x468px
>>1813186
you could get rid of pic related and start building affordable living quarters
>>
>>1813167
An educated and correct answer. Very true.
>>1813219
Agreed as well. I hope and assume that it will happen eventually since the left has been wanting to push it forever now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.