[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone moved for the purpose of getting rich? I mean just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 742851-rashida-jones.jpg (35KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
742851-rashida-jones.jpg
35KB, 650x366px
Has anyone moved for the purpose of getting rich? I mean just literally moved to some place like LA or elsewhere, and networked your way to riches? I'm considering doing this. Packing up, leaving and trying a whole bunch of different things.
>>
It's why I came to the US, for more opportunity.
>>
>>1812811
Every hipster flyover faggot in the shithole thats LA is doing just that
>>
>>1812811
Don't go to california, generally if you haven't "made it" there already you won't, I see many people persue this and they don't become moviestars. They become people dressed like spiderman wanting $5 for a picture on Hollywood Blvd.
Get something serious lined up before you go anywhere. Don't just go balls deep hoping to meet mr. Right. Get networking online or otherwise with people in your destination now so you have some place to start, some people you know, when you move.
A guy I know did this and lived on and off in a tent in the woods. Turns out things dissolve when people get to a fresh place. They begin to lead new lives that conflict with past lives.
>>
Moving to LA to get rich is a joke. Enjoy the sky high housing costs, and terrible job market thanks to all the Mexicans.

If you want to move to get rich, you're better off moving to someplace that is in high demand. Dallas is trying to build a booming tech empire. My college buddy just got a $110K job there doing practically nothing more than Python scripting. And the housing around the area is cheap as hell. He bought a 2,300 square foot home with a swimming pool for $140K in Arlington.
>>
You can get rich in any city.

It's not really about getting your foot in the door, but rather their cock in your mouth.

Sucks that that's the way it is, but if you want to succeed, you're gonna have to do it.
>>
I live in a place with the highest concentration of Fortune 500 company HQs in the world. I am moving away to pursue my duty and my art soon. Different paths for different people.
>>
>>1813233
Angeleno here, this is the correct statement. Don't come here.
>>
>>1813328
Just like all the new grads who move to NYC to "make it". Job market is stupidly competitive with wages that don't make up for the extremely high cost of living.
>>
File: 1483421522475.jpg (61KB, 783x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1483421522475.jpg
61KB, 783x1029px
>>1812811
I'm moving to Sydney next month to find higher paying IT jobs. New Zealand is limited
>>
>>1812811
>Earn more money
>Cost of living is higher in the area
>You're no better off.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.