[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>good news >stock drops Why does this happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: king of morocco.jpg (61KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
king of morocco.jpg
61KB, 540x960px
>good news
>stock drops

Why does this happen?
>>
I gotta say, this is the kind of muslim caliphate king I would support for supreme leader.
>>
HAHAHAHAHA is that really the king?
You know, I always heard he was rich from the hash trade.
>>
May be that big bucks waiting for a strong buying side see an ocasion to liquidate their vast amounts of shares.
>>
>>1812655
>Why does this happen?
Good news was priced in. If the news wasn't as good as expected, the price drops.

If investors predict profit growth of 25%, but the company only has 20% profit growth, the stock price will drop. It's still good news, but it's not as good as investors were expecting.

It's like how the Wikileaks Podesta emails didn't hurt Clinton that much because the biggest bombshells were things we all pretty much expected from her (two-faced, in bed with the media, corporate whore), while her 9/11 collapse and the FBI investigation letter really hurt her because they were unexpected.
>>
>>1812655
basically this
>>1812792

sometimes its obvious. bag holders take every opportunity to get out with less loss, or if a firm thinks liquidating their large position would have too much of an impact on the price. these people will take advantage of buying power on good news
>>
>>1812655
Sometimes it is good historical results being offset by a bad forecast, i.e. "we beat earnings expectations by 5% last year but we're lowering our guidance by 10% for next quarter." Since, theoretically at least, stock price is based on future earnings expectations, the lower outlook is more significant to investors than the fact that they beat expectations last quarter.
>>
>>1812655

Usually many investors had a heads up on the good news and bought in before hand, at the height of the rise (usually when the actual good news is released) those same investors sell for a profit.

Generally in stocks, by the time the good news hits it's way too late for you to buy in.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.