[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boss is cheating me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: benefits-widget-discount.jpg (62KB, 624x374px) Image search: [Google]
benefits-widget-discount.jpg
62KB, 624x374px
Hi /biz/
Long story short:
I work a part time job, with school in a supermarket where my boss have been cheating me for about 1-2 hours work each month the last many months.
More details:
When I work until 10 in the evening I stay there until 22:15 always but I only get payed until 22:00 and their excuse is because I'm under 18, but I'm not under 18. So when I have four shifts in a month where I close the store I have been cheated for the pay of one hour.
Should I confront my boss or someone higher about this or should I just let it go? I mean it's just one hour pr. month but at the same time it's a lot of money in a year. I'm not sure if it's worth to make a big deal out of this?
>>
>>1812611
approach nicely, if he refuses to acknowledge then just drop it.
>>
leave at 10?
>>
>>1812649
It's annoying for the other worker because then that worker will probably leave later than 22:15 because they would do the things I usually do from 22:00-22:15
>>
Dude fuck off. You probably get paid near minimum wage. You are complaining about losing maybe $10 A MONTH.

Why do you care?
>>
>>1812725
Well for every hour I am cheated I lose 20 $. Some months it's more than others.
>Why do you care?
It pisses me off but I also like my job because it's near my home that's why I haven't made a big deal out of it (yet)
>>
>>1812725
Who the fuck wants to work for free?
>>
>>1812611
Don't you have time cards or a clock in system that records this?
>>
>>1812725
it's the principle. p sure boss is about to buy robotill to fire OP anyways.
>>
>>1812611
You work in retail, this happens to LITERALLY everybody who works a close on retail, you stay an extra 15-30 minutes to sort the shop out, any supermarket will do this. Quit and find another shop to learn the hard way or stop fucking complaining and get on with it.
>>
>>1812611
First of all they're saying you're under 18 when you're not, you need to sort this out first. Second of all, most places have payment automated (if you're clocking in/out with a computer), and there is a good chance there is nothing even he can do. If you're desperate to get that extra hour in just know that most of these automated payments average up in terms of hours, so what you can do is literally waste time by staying longer (bathroom, cleaning, figure this out yourself). If you're sure they're shorting you (and I really mean underpaying you for the amount of hours worked) you need to be able to prove it, if you can't don't bring it up. Basically just talk to your boss Jesus christ
>>
>>1812871
Yeah we have time cards but we get payed for the hours our boss puts on the schedule
>>1812888
>this happens to LITERALLY everybody who works a close on retail
It doesn't happen to my co-worker who is closing the shop with me. It's just me that doesn't get paid until 22:15. Usually we can close the shop in time but sometimes we stay there until 22:30 if we're not fast enough but that's on us
>>1812922
>most places have payment automated
In our shop it's our boss who makes a schedule and he pays us for the hours in the schedule.
I can prove it with the clocking in system and my pay checks in case I complained to someone. I tried talking to my boss a few times, first time she didn't answer, the other time he said ''it's because when you're under 18 you're not allowed to work after 22:00'' and I told him that I'm above 18 (which he already knew btw) and third time he said I needed to talk with my ''real boss'' about it but she was only there for five hours a week or something at the time because she was going on maternity leave so I couldn't reach her. But I'll ask him about it again when I meet him next time because now he's the boss
>>
>>1812667
How is this your problem?
>>
>>1812930
So fuck off out of there at 22:01 and if anybody questions it say "bosses orders, I'm under 18 on the system so I'm legally not allowed to stay". That should solve things one way or the other pretty fucking quick.
>>
>>1812942
Isn't that quiet aggressive?
>>
>>1812611

> things are a little unfair.

In many situations like this the job is good and the employer makes up for it in other ways. In that case just let it go.

If the job is shit and you hate the guy, and he is knowlingly cheating employees then document it and bring it before the labor department in your area.

Or bring it up to a lawyer even.
>>
>>1812948
Perhaps a little, but on a scale of 1 to 10 how willing are you to work for free?
>>
>>1812611
Usually big corporate chain stores have some sort of employee hotline. Just call and report it.
>>
>>1812828

so why doesn't OP stop working the extra hour?

If OP keeps working a free hour why would the boss tell him not to?
>>
File: trump.jpg (45KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
45KB, 728x410px
>>1812814
tfw your hourly pay isn't at least... $20 a minute..
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.