[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aiming too low or living the life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1460927700219.gif (502KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1460927700219.gif
502KB, 160x160px
I make $75,000 a year at my new job, and am now onto week 4. I work from home, and my bosses are extremely hands off. I "work" roughly from 9-5 Monday-Thursday, and from 9-noon on Fridays.

Compared to my last job, I'm being given very little to do - mainly just meetings and then about 10 hours of true work. I'm getting a ton of praise for how efficiently and accurately I'm working.

This all sounds great, I'm mainly just sitting at home watching ESPN or playing videogames, waiting for emails to come in. But I feel like my skills might get rusty if I keep this up, and that it might make it hard to ever re-integrate into a more traditional office setting, when I'm basically working 30 hours a week right now.

Should I keep surfing this low effort gig as long as I can, or look to pursue something with greater stakes and potentially more career growth?
>>
>>1811069
What industry are you in?
>>
Give been gifted a great job.

Instead of looking to bail on this job, find something that allows you to work this job and another one at the same time

Imagine if you were able to get another job like this and work them both at the same time.

You could essentially double hour income with only a small increase in hours
>>
>>1811079
this
I also work from home and my employers seem to have forgotten about me
I've been thinking to open a cafe on the side...
>>
what do you all do?

I am a CPA who works from 8-7 in my office or at a client's office every day, and sometimes on Saturdays. And for 85,000

I would love to work at home for 75,000
>>
>>1811075
>>1811097

I work in Digital Marketing.

>>1811079
It's really not realistic for me to get a second job, as there's the need for me to be on recurring client meetings, and to occasionally travel. (Not to mention that it's in my employment agreement that I must share any side ventures with my CEO at penalty of being sued.)
>>
>>1811117
confirmed you're in a meme area.

education please? are you running someone's twitter? curious cause i'm interested in messing with that myself but i'd never be able to live with myself for contributing into the fall of the internet
>>
>>1811381
>but i'd never be able to live with myself for contributing into the fall of the internet
yet you continue to post
>>
Sounds good to me. I make about 50k a year working part time and I have no plans on changing that ever. Even have a wife and kids on the way.
>>
>>1811069
For the past 4 years I've make $60k doing email automation and working my ass off.
>>
How can you possible get 75k barely doing anything? Fucking doctors get 75k in Finland
>>
>>1812630
Europeans are poor.
>>
>>1811583
What do you do?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.