[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a game for switch? So i quit my job, i hated it anyway.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: switch.jpg (409KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
409KB, 1920x1085px
Making a game for switch?
So i quit my job, i hated it anyway. And i have small sum of money to jump on the switch bandwagon.
Sandly nintendo didn't offer a dev kit at dev portal, so will have to wait? And i don't know the prices.
I am a programmer, and i think i will have to find someome with gaming/graphic design skills and willing to do death march of 260-350 hours 7 day a week.
I was thing about simplest possible short games, but it is hard to design something without a fucking console.
Have any advise/ thoughts?
>>
>>1810680
Make a puzzle game like Tetris to start off and introduce some faggy character that will appeal to weeaboos he will be the face of your franchise when you branch out into platformers and other genres. as you beat levels you unlock new powers to fight against enemies on the bottom part of the screen once you get so many sqaures cleared your bar fills up and you can cast magic the level ends once you take their health down to zero
>>
>>1810710
>Tetris
also i was thing about: arkanoid, something like puzle quest or rhythm game with joy con. But i didn't feel if joycon could by used to something.
I am also interested about simple multiplayer games, but unreal/unity don't discripe any fucking thing about switch exept that they will support it
>>
>>1810680
Lots of indy developers try to make short simple games that fail but their are others that are wildly successful like Binding of Isaac and N+ so your really taking your chances you need something special if you do trpgs were never very mainstream but fire emblem and ff tactics helped get the genre some exposure try that maybe
>>
>>1810724
Co-op offline would definitely make a game more enjoyable but then you gotta look at whether or not it should have it's own seperate story or keep the original plot from single player since you want a short simple game would it be a good idea to keep the same plot
>>
>>1810680
The cost is $500 and Nintendo is only doing a soft launch so you may have to wait a while to get a devkit.
>>
>>1810805
well there are no official statements and dev portal is empty
But i am think about dev on switch, becouse of that sane policy
>>
>>1810680
you won't need a devkit for it
just get Unity3D and start making a game
it will be able to port to it with a push of a button
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.