[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tesla is a big 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: -1x-1.png (134KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.png
134KB, 1200x675px
>Ford and General Motors
>both over a century old
>both sell millions of cars each year of many different models
>market caps of 49 billion and 55 billion
>tesla sells less than 80,000 cars a year
>market cap of 43 billion
>it's bigger than nissan
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
>>
>>1810491
thinking of buying tesla even if its a blue chip. Its been going up 5 dollars a day.
>>
File: muskmelon.jpg (67KB, 846x800px) Image search: [Google]
muskmelon.jpg
67KB, 846x800px
>>1810491
People likes to invest in fruits
>>
Well tesla is stupidly overvalued and sooner or later everyone will come to the same conclusion that you just did.
>>
This is a bet that on TSLA's solar and battery tech not necessarily their cars. The Model X is an objectively bad car with poor overall quality and needless junk stapled on, its entirely possible that the companies' best carmaking days are behind them.
>>
>>1810491
It's a meme that retards thnk tesla/elon musk will suddenly make the profit margin on autos more than the industry standard while also spending literally metric fucktons of money on pet projects (funded by federal dollars and stock sales)

if tesla was actually worth anything, they would have been bought out long ago

Tesla is a meme and a fad. Noveau riche buy muh tesla.
>>
>>1810535
I kinda agree.

My view on TSLA is the same one I have on the Snapchat IPO....there are thousands of other securities out there why waste my time and energy trying to figure out the ones that are the most complicated.
>>
>>1810537
My only advice: if you truly believe tesla will make le autos go into the future, then buy Ford and watch the market catch up to reality once the tsla run ends.
>>
First of all I thin Tesla is overvalued as fuck.
But this thread shows what kind of people give other people advice on /biz/. You guys have no idea how a 'fair' price is calculated.
>>
>>1810550
>not basing your valuations on free cash flow, profitability, and growth of revenue
Tell me how it's calculated, then.
>>
>>1810557
> valuations on free cash flow
DCFs my friend!

How do you forecast growth? Growth is not linear! What about market growth, competition growth, costs growth, economies of scale...
Is growth certain? What about decline?
You need to forecast countless factors and play around with all those variables. This is why it makes way more sense to analyse the whole competition with the same approach. I'm talking here about hours of work with countless excel sheets.

This is a major part of calculating a 'fair' price and my guess is that 80% fail miserably doing it. This estimation includes the financial industry. Ignore their suggestions.
But even guys doing all this work are often wrong.
Have you seen the success rates in M&A? It is hard as fuck to valueate the 'current' price of a business even with great due diligence, how hard is it to valuate something including future developments?
>>
50% of tesla's float is short.

So what's keeping the stock up are traders getting margin calls and covering their shorts.
>>
>>1810625
*evalueate

Look at this. Shots in the dark.
160 Sell UBS Colin Langan 16.02.2017
155 Underperform Cowen and Company Jeffrey Osborne 16.02.2017
338 Outperform Robert W. Baird Ben Kallo 09.02.2017
- Perform Oppenheimer Colin Rusch 01.02.2017
188 Underweight J.P. Morgan Securities Ryan Brinkman 20.01.2017
305 Overweight Morgan Stanley Adam Jonas 19.01.2017
>>
>>1810625
That's alot of hot air and zero analysis that you claim to be so adept at.
>>
>>1810655
So what are you saying? I should analyse Tesla again, just for you anon? You, who does not discount cash flows.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.