[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEO tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Anyone got any good tips on SEO, trying to find a good place to start from scratch.

Trying to get a decent google ranking in order to grow business, I'm in a specialized field and have 10-20 competitors but only 2 of which do what I do.
>>
>>1810396

Google will help you more than biz. Litteraly everything you need to know is on the internet.

On the top of my head, most important is :

> Good quality website (responsive, fast...)
> Good quality content (right keywords, helpful and interesting, easy to share)
> Good quality links (links connected with your activity from reputable websites, think of companies catering to different stages of the customer's journey).
>>
So my other question is, is the above what SEO firms do, or are there more specified techniques?
>>
>>1810748
Yes I run a web development agency. SEO is a service we offer our clients.

In this order of priority:
1. Fast, responsive website.
2. As many healthy, reputable backlinks as possible.
3. High-quality content (not some “I outsourced this article to India for $3” bullshit article) that people will want to read.
4. Social media presence, linked to the website
5. Update the website frequently (once a week is fine) with new content or whatever

But seriously, just google it. There’s a gazillion articles on this topic.
>>
WP plug ins seem to be the go as well?
>>
>>1810396

Depends on the business, but
> Social media, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter
> Have a Google Business Profile
> Get a Google ad, they say it doesn't help, but it does. Google lies.

Really with the social media the more content posted and the more comments and views the more your company will rise in the rankings.

When I started my company I was page 2, now I'm top of the list for northern part of my state.

Also don't pay an SEO company, they will want $100+ per month to do something that will only take you a few hours to set up initially, then a few minutes every now and then to maintain.
>>
>>1810396
Your website must be the following and it will have a good score on Google:

1) Mobile responsive

2) Good, repetitive keywords on every single page. Remember, the users don't actually care what's on every page, just the one their looking for.

2b) You must keep the wording substantive enough to keep your visitors on the page for more time than the competitors in your field.

3) Backlinks

4) Consistent updates, even if that means generic blogging.

5) Follow basic modern programming guidelines, such as adding alt tags to all of your images.

There are hundreds of other factors, but every website I've developed following these rules, has no trouble getting good search results.
>>
ANy more tips on optimization ?
need to make my load time way faster
>>
>>1813657
Use https://kraken.io/web-interface
on Every picture before you upload it to the server.
It heavily reduces the load time of the images.

Also make sure that none of your images are over 800px in either direction except for in some cases like if you had a 2000px banner image.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.