[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 500.jpg (813KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
813KB, 2592x1456px
Okay, currently reading the book Investing for Dummies
Also reading investopedia. Any other recommendations?

Okay lets say i start off with €2000
Transactioncosts are €2 to buy and €2 to sell.

What would you do?

Also correct me if i'm wrong.
Okay lets say i bought 2000 in Netflix stocks today at 09:30 for $141,70
And i sell it at 13:30 for $142,44. This would be an 0,52% increase.

Does this mean that 2000*0.0052 = €10,40
Minus the transactioncosts = 4
This leaves me with a €6,40 profit?

Is this like the basic of all the trading?
>>
>>1809988
Pretty much, That's why most people sub 25k shouldn't bother with day trading. Then again, profit is profit.
>>
>>1809988

Just to also add on to what this anon said:>>1809997 day trading works on these small changes and to make the cash made significant, you need to have a large amount so that these fees are spread out over more units. If you are playing with a small amount, you will either put it in a longer term investment and keep adding a little from a paycheck each month, or you are willing to risk it all in higher leveraged and/or riskier outcomes, aka forex, options, pennystock, etc. which if they go well (often they don't) can turn out larger actual worthwhile sums of money from a small starting amount. This is the whole idea of the robinhood threads. People are playing with memes through these pennystocks using throwaway money on the off chance that something explodes in value and their money 2x/3x/4x/10x over night. Also, robinhood has no commission, so it doesn't eat away at the money in these small accounts.

Now as to how would I start? It's hard me to say. I trade options a little because I wanted to take on larger risk in order for my small amount of money to push out a decent value. Would I recommend it? Maybe, but only if the person I was recommending it to understood the increased risks and had the emotional stability not to get swept up in big gambles. It might be better to start with stocks, maybe do some swing trading, then bring in these other tools to assist in the trades as times goes on. Or if you just want a vehicle to increase wealth a little bit over time at a rate better than a bank savings, you can buy into ETFs or Index Funds and just leave the money in there.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.