[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Accounting really in danger of being automated? I know it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 9qzIlG9.jpg (251KB, 900x1148px) Image search: [Google]
9qzIlG9.jpg
251KB, 900x1148px
Is Accounting really in danger of being automated? I know it's been the hype for many years now.
Should I give up on pursuing my cpa and spend my saving on kneepad futures?
>>
>>1809374
You're autistic and nothing you do will change that.
>>
>>1809376
I wish I was autistic. Then maybe I could get neetbux.
>>
>>1809374
i would also like to know this..
>>
>>1809374
No

Even if somebody dug up a working prototype of self learning AI from the grave of Steve Jobs that could audit and consult flawlessly, enough money gets lobbied into Congress by Big 4 that they'll find a way to delay it for another 50 years
>>
>>1809439
not how it works lad
>>
>>1809374
B4 accountant here. And in short, no.

A lot of what automation plans to replace has already been offshored. But a guy in india cannot have a license here in the states.

I've personally seen automation as a way to sell new services to clients, with machine learning of TB's and multitiered fund allocation programs we can examine from a new perspective, hell we can show things the company didnt even know about itself. And in turn, sell that as a new service.

At the end of the day, programmers will still need cpa's to make sure the build and shit coming out of the tool is in compliance and be able to intrepret it for the client.

If i can give any advice, dont dick about when getting your license. I waited a few years post grad and it worked out fine, but the sooner you get it the better. In fact if you are degree seeking, see if there is a five year program that gets you to the hours req so you can license as soon as your done with the exams.

As soon as I got in the field and saw a new tool/service, i jumped right in and quickly became the subject matter expert for my office. This turned into me teaching it to a few deliver centers (data entry centers, those jobs will be gone sooner than yours, stay away from at all cost).

And as soon as you see the next new thing jump right into that one as well. You cannot afford to get left behind. Im only 5 years in and am on my 3rd "automation" tool. This also has the advantage of keeping things interesting.
>>
>>1809909
I skipped the fifth year by getting my hours with CLEP exams.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.