[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ebay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ebey.png (4KB, 290x116px) Image search: [Google]
ebey.png
4KB, 290x116px
People around here were talking that seller should always include shipping costs into item price and say that shipping is FREE.

Why? Is shipping costs calculated separately prone to abuse from buyers?

Where is the catch?

Also Ebay General.
>>
Id rather buy a 30$ item with free shipping, than the same item for 25$ plus 5$ shipping. It doesnt really makes sense, it more like psychology. Buying the 30$ item makes you think that your money is invested in that item, and hey, FREE SHIPPING. You got a 30$ item.
But when you pay 5$ for shipping it feels like you just wasted that money and only receive a 25$ item
>>
>>1808912
It's buyer psychology. Make sure to stipulate the conditions. Like free ground shipping within continental US or something like that.
>>
>>1808947
>>1808951
Mainly I will shipp to US from EU with almost 50kg furniture.
Now shipping cost is like 300$ on top of my 600$ price.
So what do you think guys. Should I just make price of 600$ and then 300$ shipping or 900$ with """"""free"""""" shipping? Will this mechanism work with this kind of cash?
>>
>>1808963
900 with free shipping
who would pay 300 shipping for a 600 item? they would look if they could find a seller in the US. But paying 900 for a 900 item doesnt look that bad. maybe dont make shipping completely free, but not more than 50 in your example. 850 price, 50 shipping
>>
File: Presidents-Day-Sale-R2-.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Presidents-Day-Sale-R2-.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
Small mom and pops like tenniswizard are migrating away from Ebay
>>
>>1808989
Where are they going?
>>
>>1808912
It's because of two reasons.

The first reason is that if someone buys an item for $40, they decide to buy the item. This is kind of like a gateway. This person checks out, pay for the item, transaction is done. If you do this again with a $37 item + $3 shipping then they will purchase the $37 item, meaning they passed the first "gateway" or "checkpoint" or whatever you want to call it. Then they get to the second gateway which is "Do I really want to pay $3 for shipping?"

Also, like a decade ago, people used shipping charges to avoid high fees. So a person would sell an item for $0.99 + $14.99 shipping for an item that cost $2.10 to ship. This way they only paid fees for that $0.99. There were no final value fees for that shipping cost. When eBay got wise to it and charged final value fees for the item price + shipping price, they made more money and then there was no longer a reason to do a item price + shipping price structure when you could just do the whole price + shipping and get that "Free Shipping" icon that used to pop up next to items (which has now been replaced by the text "Free Shipping" - and now, these people also get a small boost in basic search rankings.
>>
>>1808951
Unless you are selling furniture, most small sellers don't even have to worry. USPS charges same business base rates even in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
>>
professional ebayer reporting in (again)

Like I said before, these are easy, simple concepts you should be able to use basic critical thinking skills to answer without having to ask. use your brain so we can get ebay generals to be something good and useful instead of answering the same fucking moronic Potato-grade questions over n over.

with that said:

>>1808912
free shipping makes you easier to visually calculate at a glance because theres literally nothing to calculate, this causes buyers to gravitate to you over sellers who spread. "Path of least resistance"

"Free shipping" is also less likely to be exploited and used against you by your buyers. if i have an item for 5.00 and shipping is 3.00 then the total is 8. If they buy 2 of them there's a decent likelyhood theyre going to ask/demand a discount off the combined 6 shipping, because they always do.

if that item is 8.00 with free shipping, the entitelement goes away and it no longer becomes a demand, they might ask for a discount for bulk purchase, but even then the "fuck you gimme" attitude is almost always curbed, giving you bigger wiggleroom both to say no and to control what the discount actually is, if you want to give one.

finally, in the event you misquote shipping and it turns out cheaper, shitty buyers will be REAL FAST to bitch about overcharge on shipping and demand refunds on the difference, while negging you as well if you're really unlucky. (watch, half of /biz/ will argue buyers that quote more htan actual shipping charge are asshole shitty sellers and should be wiped from the planet. happens every time this topic is brought up)
>>
>>1808963
international sales is a completely different ballgame. make sure they contact you for proper shipping quote or make sure you do your homework very well and get it set up to accurately represent what your shipping to X location will be. I always insist international buyers MUST contact me for a shipping quote to avoid any trouble
>>
>>1810165
>>1810166
Is it a bad time to get in on ebay dropshipping?

I was looking into babby products and it's all cucked up now, how does anyone make anything now?
>>
>>1810167
jesus. fucking. christ.

if you're new dont do dropshipping. you need to learn how to function and build a stable model without relying on anyone else, much less some random chinese factory that couldnt give two shits about how or when items reach your customers.

dropshipping works, but you need to know how to operate very well so you understand the risks involved and how to handle them to the best of your ability. you WILL run into piles of shit that you have to wade through, and if you're new it's going to pile over your head.

also not a fan of chinese dropshipping companies. theyre running a catalog of a billion shitty chinese products and willing to sell to anyone, not just you. this means youre competing with others of your own kind while all labor is outsorced to the exact same person as your competition. you have no relationship with them, they have no need to worry about you or your business.

I relaly need to make this into an infograph so I can stop typing the same shit every. fucking. day.
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (65KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.jpg
65KB, 550x309px
>>1810171
>I relaly need to make this into an infograph so I can stop typing the same shit every. fucking. day.
>he figured out my ploy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.