[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Typical startup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: startup.png (193KB, 718x303px) Image search: [Google]
startup.png
193KB, 718x303px
Imagine you run a startup.
Your task is to find beta testers for your product.
Where would you go?
>>
>>1808844

Well it depends what your product is.
>software?
>food?
>service?
>gadget?
>>
>>1808848
Software
>>
>>1808854

>so you can define your market
>try to split up this market into niche markets, it is easier to focus/succeed in smaller markets
>contact potential customers in the niche market
>research A/B testing
>do not try to make a profit with your first customers, give them value, give them free shit so you can improve your product
>software has a huge cost advantage (economies of scale), every new customer drops your costs massively
>focus on your product! focus on your market! try to be way ahead of your competition and dominate your market
>>
>>1808867
You are awesome! Thanks for the tips. I hope to do exactly as you wrote.

Maybe you also know some resources like erli bird which help to find people for beta tests?
>>
>>1808844
>video games
7 year olds and 30 year olds. anything in between that age is full of morons, retards, idiots.
>>
>>1808844
Market it before you release. If people come to you interested then you have beta testers and you know you have something worth selling.
>>
>>1808884
Thanks for the range.
Did you look people for beta tests anywhere?
>>
>>1808885
Marketing is a must when you are going to launch a product. Do you have any experience in launching a product?
>>
>>1808874
I don't know what your software is.

If you target group are some small companies and your software calculates the most efficient supply chain or something I would contact small companies. This is the best feedback you could get. Facing and fixing real problems instead of someone testing it on the other side of the world and giving you tips like changing the size of a button or something.

If you have some entertainment shit I don't know. Maybe earlybird is a good idea. I'm not familiar with it.
>>
>>1808902
The product is going to be a team messenger for small and medium-sized companies.

I do know some resources, but good tips and help is always a good thing.

I thought someone has already faced with such a task and could get some advice on how to find beta testers more efficiently.
>>
>>1808906
>The product is going to be a team messenger for small and medium-sized companies.
>small and medium-sized companies

There you go.
Contact small companies and offer them your product for free with free support at first. Be honest and do not sugar-coat your product. You need honest feedback.
This is the best beta testing you can get.
>>
>>1808844
College students
>>
>>1808924
You are absolutely right. Thanks again for your help!
>>
>>1808884

I'd pick beta testers based on their personality and their mentality.
>>
>>1809586
Well...as far as the software is about communication, it will be hard to guess the personality and mentality of people who use messengers for communication at work.

Anyway, could you give some more details on your comment?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.