[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on becoming a male nurse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1429766290238.jpg (107KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1429766290238.jpg
107KB, 410x410px
I'm considering doing this and desu it's sounding like a pretty good idea.

> Easy to get a job. It's already easy for female nurses to get a job, but even easier for male nurses.
> Decent pay (at least from my teenage retail wagecuck standpoint) and I can eventually move up to something like anesthesia, practioner, etc and make even more
> I can work three 12-hr shifts and have the rest of the week off
>>
>>1808791
Depends on country/area, some are over staffed with nurses and the nurses find it hard to get jobs
Otherwise pretty useful and helpful profession
Cant pretend you're in it for the money though
It's shit pay for the prep that goes in, the work that goes in and the hours you put in, not to mention the stress.
If you want it, do it, we will always need nurses
>>
>>1808791
Once you get promoted to head nurse make sure you have enough money to buy some kneepads
>>
>>1808791
Above average stress and above average schooling for above average pay.

If you don't like doing it than it won't be amazing. If your dick gets hard in gore threads you'll probably love being an ER nurse and make bank. If you hate taking care of people you'll be miserable in most nursing jobs.

Being in a field full of the opposite gender= you will get fucked with if you can't handle them. Its the same as women in the military, prepare to always be the odd one out and be the target of angst from anyone who has a hard time getting laid.
>>
Entrance to RN programs is competitive. Unless nursing is something you are really dedicated to there are probably better options.
>>
>>1808791
>I can work three 12-hr shifts and have the rest of the week off

No you can't

source: me being an RN
>>
>>1808791
ex-RN here, I work in Iowa if that matters.

When I started, everyone said RN's could make $80k a year or something. I was struggling to find positions that paid $50k a year without having to work every single weekend. Most were salary positions, but I would work for 70 hours a week. If I were non-salary, I would have made almost twice as much as I did.

Also, being a guy in a work environment full of females absolutely sucks.
>>
>>1809009
Lol no. The majority of people who get accepted are literal retards. If youre even somewhat competent and have the basic classes you should get in no problem. Yes OP you will get a job but it will probably be shit, and i mean literally as mostly what nurses is wipe up shit from obese patients that hate you and are total shitheads all the time; being a nurse fucking sucks theirs a reason why most nurses are all obese smoking spiteful bitches. If you go that route get a masters and become an NP as your essentially a proto doctor at that point, get paid more, more autonomy etc. I hear grad nursing is literal hell though
>>
>>1809252
Standards may be lower in Burgerstan. Becoming a registered nurse in Canada requires a 4 year university degree in nursing, and yeah it's competitive to get into.

We also have licensed practical nurses (LPN) which is a one year community college program. I assume they are the ones who do most of the shit wiping.
>>
>>1809252
>mostly what nurses is wipe up shit from obese patients that hate you and are total shitheads all the time

Not completely true. We usually have CNA's do that for us

>being a nurse fucking sucks theirs a reason why most nurses are all obese smoking spiteful bitches

Most nurses are pretty attractive right out of school. But you're right. Most go down hill. It's mainly because of the long-ass, stressful hours that we work. Meals are often skipped which causes us to pig out later in the day. Luckily I'm smarter than those cunts who I work with and I meal prep so I can snack throughout the day. And we tend to always become disappointed when our supposed supposed 8 hour days often turn into 12 hour shifts.

>>1809244
>Also, being a guy in a work environment full of females absolutely sucks.

true
The pay isn't amazing, the hours are sometimes shit, but It's a very stable, recession proof career that gives you all the benefits. One thing I do like about it is that my usual shift is from 6am to about 3pm. Being in big city it saves me so much fucking stress by not driving during rush hour that the typical 9 to 5 cubical slave has to endure. Take what you want with that
>>
>>1809281

I'm definitely concerned about the long, stressful hours. Is there something I can do like night shift nursing, maybe even night-shift psych nursing? From my research, while psych nurses eventually start losing out on the ability to be a 'regular' nurse again, sometimes their jobs are easier and especially their night shift.
>>
>>1808791

Becoming a nurse is insanely competitive. Community college nursing programs have a ton of pre-req science and math classes that you have to get an A+ in before you will even be considered for the nursing program.

Then you have to apply to the actual program. Lots of applicants who have the same grades as you or better. Plus many colleges limit who can get into the program based on where you live etc. Some even have multiple waiting lists.

You can also get a Bachelors in nursing if you already have a degree but you still have a bunch of pre-reqs and lots of competition to get accepted.

If you do get into a nursing program, it's intense and you can get kicked out for any small reason. You have to maintain a high GPA. Make a dumb fuck up during a clinical rotation and you're out. All that work for nothing.

And BTW this isn't because nursing is particularly difficult. It's because there are way too many people who want to become nurses. Plus, there aren't enough college nursing programs to educate people. So you have a profession which has artificially difficult standards.

Plus many hospitals are saturated with nurses so many nursing graduates can only get hired at nursing homes or in-home care agencies.

I think male nurses have it a bit better though because they stand out. So it's easier to get a job at a hospital or ER unit etc.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.