[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I major in Computer and Information systems, Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: file.jpg (86KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
86KB, 450x600px
Should I major in Computer and Information systems, Business Administration, Accounting, or become an Electrician?
>>
>>1807864
well what do you want to do?
>>
>>1807894
In Biz admin as it seems to give a lot of options, but it seems like a meme degree... Accounting, Electrical work, and IT don't seem very appealing to me and seem like worker bee jobs
>>
>>1807899
Biz shits on business administration, but it does open up a lot of entry-level positions in companies.

An acquaintance of mine makes good money working for a mortgage company with a BBA.

Double majoring in CIS and BBA would be nice too.
>>
>>1807864
>CIS
Outsourced to Indians within 10 years

>BA
Only good if you're starting your own business

>Accounting
Outsourced to robots within 10 years

>Electrician
Be self employed and it's god tier
>>
>>1807864
Vanity careers don't always last. Go for Electrician. Nobody want to do the trades anymore so there is a shortage and demand is good. You'll always have work if you're good with your hands.
>>
I majored in accounting, Right now I'm about to graduate and start at Big 4 tax. Also have begun studying for my CPA. The future looks bright.
>>
>>1808395
Can you start your own business?
>>
>>1808395
How much does the big 4 start you out at? Graduating in the fall and starting my masters and considering going to Deloitte because I heard they pay for the CPA exams
>>
>>1807994
>>1807899
If you want to get into business, an accounting degree will always be a thousand times more useful than a general business administration degree. Decent minors will amplify the effect.

You can get an MBA later, if need be, but accounting will land you better jobs in the beginning of your career.
>>
>>1807864
Electrician
Go for trades, college is a meme
>>
If business get a BS...not a BA...more difficult but more doors will open.

With IT you'll be surrounded by Indian Virgin males all day
>>
>>1808691
~60k without a MS Tax
+10k if you have an MS Tax
>>
do you have a career?

if not then don't, not worth it.
>>
>>1807864
My dad was an electrician with a small business and pulled about $300k a year. You should become an electrician, especially if you live in a small town. I'm majoring in Computing and Software Systems and regret not becoming an electrician.
>>
Hey guys, college freshman here. Is it worth double majoring in CIS and Supply Chain Management? Because that's what I'm doing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.