[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do for my future biz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 111307814.jpg (2MB, 3639x2742px) Image search: [Google]
111307814.jpg
2MB, 3639x2742px
I want to major in finance, but right now i'm only taking basic core classes at community college because it's only like 1k a semester and I don't have living expenses.
I have a little over 25k in my account and plan to keep that for a 4-year college.
I was thinking about either going to the 4-year college this coming semester and doing 3 years there (which will be about 60k total compared to 40k), or should I just do another year at CC and transfer and finish my last two years at the school of business/finance at the 4-year?
The only thing is I live in a shitty town, and the college I plan to enroll in is a very populated city with lots of opportunities.

I also plan to study and learn how to trade stocks to maybe be able to have some sort of side-gig making money so I don't have to work a wageslave job while i'm in college.

Mainly, I just want to be able to make a shit ton of money because growing up my mom supported me and my dad and my dad was unemployed for the 4 years of my highschool so we were living on 50k for 3 people

I want to be able to not have to worry about finances or being broke or any of that shit for as long as I can live.

TLDR:
>Have 25k to my name, 20 year old CC student
>Should I go to my shitty CC I hate one more year or do my 3 years at the 4 year college I plan to graduate at
>My goal is to major in finance, and not have to worry about money bc basically I grew up without enough money to support a good life

The 4 year college is the perfect environment to help me succeed in life, but my shitty CC is cheaper if I go one more year and get my assoc degree
>>
Anybody?
>>
>>1807832
>community college

gameover
you already fucked up
>>
your first mistake is listening to 4chan for advice
>>
>>1807936
Yeah I fucked up in highschool because my grades were shit
But this semester i'll have enough transfer credits and almost a 3.5 Gpa and I could easily go into a 4-year college

Shit is just expensive though
>>
>>1807832
Just keep in mind you don't have to list that you went to community college on your resume.

If you got a 4.0 in 1 year of community college, you can write 4.0 GPA and your expected graduation date for the university you just transferred in.

This should let you get Sophmore or Freshman internships.
>>
>>1807832
Spend as little money as possible. In 10 years you'll be thanking yourself when your student loans are paid off.

These potential fat salaries that the colleges say you'll be making are bullshit. Its a pure sales tactic, and people are suing over it.

Spend as little money as possible.
>>
>>1807946
This.

4chan is a bunch of trolls. They are not your friends. Never trust them.
>>
Daytrade biotech you have enough.
>>
>>1807981
>>1807964
>>1807960
Honestly if I had like 100k in the bank, i'd probably pursue daytrading as a profession, but at only 25k that may not be possible.
I want to have a B.S. in finance at one of the best schools in my state not only because i'm interested in analysis and money in general but to further my own education and to know how to use my money the best way possible.

I agree the best financial decision would be to do one more year at CC. Shit I could even just take a full year of fun elective classes if I wanted to boost my GPA, which doesn't sound like a horrible idea.
But as a major in finance, i've heard of people getting internships as sophomores or juniors and dropping out of college because they already got a job at an investment firm (which is very unlikely though).
Also i'm not going to base my decision on 4chan, i'm just trying to form a well-rounded decision and want to know what 4chan thinks about it.
>>
Still tryna collect my thoughts fellas
Anyone else?
>>
>>1807952
Dude don't listen to that meme tard. Finish community college and transfer to a 4 year school. You'll get the same 4 year degree that everyone else gets. You don't even have to put your community college on your resume. Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>1808153
Yeah it would actually be saving me like 25k I believe.
Tuition plus living at the 4-year is a total of 25k a year.
Not only that, but I would be able to take maybe a summer off or so to focus solely on stocks since i'd like to have a job as a financial manager or investor or advisor or something in the future.
I could also just take shit courses in CC to boost my GPA up as well.
I want to graduate the school of finance with at least a 3.5, preferably a 4.0 and have a job ready for me with a starting salary of 60k+ before I even graduate.
>>
thanks for the info so far fellas.
I'm thinking my best bet would be to finish up community college and get a high GPA so that not only will I have to spend less money, but i'll also be able to go straight into my major.
>>
What was your high school gpa, weighted/unweighted? Also what was your act score?
>>
>>1808370
Honestly I think my highschool GPA was like a 2.3 or something.
I know I fucked up because I was in IB and then failed a class which caused me to drop down to regular school and then my grades got worse in regular school because it was 96% black and all the white guys were hillbillies.
I learn the best from an optimal environment, so that's why i'm thinking so hard about doing 3 years at the 4-year.
Also ACT score was like a 24/30 or something I think, but this was also after graduating highschool for 2 years and not studying a day after HS.
>>
>>1808438
>
I'm sort of in your position, I go to a top 20 public hs in America, my weighted gpa is like 3.78 or something and my act is 32. Im hoping my act can make my gpa up for at least a state school. I completely lost motivation in my freshman and sophomore year but im trying to fix it rn. I still have no idea what I want to do in life seeing as how I hate science and am not the best at math. God Speed Anon
>>
>>1808461
But you have a 3.78 GPA though?
It seems like unless you want to go to one of the top 50 private colleges in america, you will make nearly every college you apply to man.
Maybe not all but you're a hell of a lot better than the majority that's for sure.
>>
>>1808477
unweighted gpa is 2.78 which is pretty bad, so im kind of fucked if they ask for unweighted
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.