[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stocktrading, investing, where do i start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: debt.jpg (82KB, 574x375px) Image search: [Google]
debt.jpg
82KB, 574x375px
Okay i live at home, and am still a 21 y/o student. Studying International Business Management

Every month i earn around €2500. With bills payed i have around €2250 left every month to spend on whatever i want. So i could loose this money and not care/not need.

What is the best way to learn about stocktrading/investing in stocks?
I want to learn to trade myself, but when i look up brokershit. Its full with shit i dont understand. I need a book/website/videos (dont care if i have to pay for it), that teach me every aspect from beginning to start.

You know, like a studybook you have in school
What are your recommendations?
>>
>>1807246

Nice try jewish banker

There surely is a book/guide/video course that explains the basics.
So i can at least understand the graph and what points etc mean.
>>
>>1807243
I can't remember how I learned the basics but it was a gradual process. I'm sure you could find anything you need to know online.
To learn charts I highly recommend tothetick, it's a youtube channel.
You may also want to research dow theory for a general understanding of cause and effect in the market. This is especially important.
As usual the intelligent investor (revised) should be on your reading list. It isn't the most relevant to today but there is still value there.
>>
>>1807274
Not OP but isn't technical analysis hocus pocus shit? At least that's the notion I get from insiders, that it's mostly quacks trying to read into patterns.

Obviously Dow was not necessarily a quack but you get my point.
>>
>>1807276
Volume is a technical indicator, so it isn't 100.0% bullshit.
Furthermore, chart patterns can be memed into existence if enough people believe in them. If everyone thinks a stock will find resistance at 10, then they'll start selling and make it so.
>>
>>1807243
>What is the best way to learn about stocktrading/investing in stocks?
I'm sure e-trade has some sort of tutorial.
>>
>>1807243
The long and short of what I've learned thus far is that trading=/=investing

and that experts in both fields, who make good money doing these things, believe that the other doesn't work / is bad.

This is for two reasons: 1.They're trying to sell their method of making your money work for you and 2. Smart investing utilizes strategies that make more sense over longer periods, try to get that compounding interest effect over the course of your career, smart trading involves making a job out of having your money work for you and using short term high yield strategies to keep you afloat day to day.
>>
>>1807243
>student
>earn around €2500
Jesus. Are you from Germany?
>>
Because i absolutely know nothing. Sometimes on the news i hear NASDAQ dropped by 2 points. WTF are 2 points?

Best way for me to learn is to have a book that is cathered to students that know nothing, from a publisher like Pearson education or Wolters Noordhoff.

Is starting with reading everything on Investopedia a good thing? Sometimes i have 1-2 hour breaks between classes and i could use that time for something good instead of drinking coffee and chilling with classmates.

>>1807445
What is making good money on both fields? Howmuch a month/week?

My overal goal is to just sit in class open with a laptop/tablet and being able to trade. I barely do any shit in class anyways, might make the best out of it.

>>1807556
No, The Netherlands. Next to school i work 4/5 nights a week. Around 1800 is salary, around 700 is student subsidization from the government.

I live at home, so barely any real bills.
>>
>>1807243
> i live at home
> i live at home
> i live at home
> i live at home
> i live at home

liar.jpg
>>
>>1807243
Find a mentor that trades professionally and preferably makes a million + a year. People that are good don't usually share their strategy over a book. Learn the basics of fundamentals and be an expert at technical analysis. Most importantly UNDERSTAND PRICE ACTION!!!!
>>
>>1807330
This is accurate
Technicals work because traders expect them to work and act accordingly. You're looking for any clues to anticipate future movements. People often see the same clue and their decisions have an effect on the movement.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.