[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ww.jpg (13KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
13KB, 300x250px
Serious question: why everything I read and hear says that money should not be your goal or you will fail 100%? Why? I enjoy what I do and I find it fun, but I started because of money and I would not do it if there were no money in it, even though I enjoy doing it. where did this even come from and what's the reasoning behind this "don't do it for the money" crap?
>>
>>1806284
r9k knows, you should ask there.
>>
>>1806284
Where are you hearing/reading this? Provide some context, provide some actual statements.
>>
File: pFTcIMUg.jpg (256KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
pFTcIMUg.jpg
256KB, 728x728px
>>1806284
part of it is loser propaganda, and the other has to do with the fact that people spend money on things they want. or need. or love. either way, it has value for them. and in a lot of fields for you to generate the most value for others you need to love the thing yourself.
you're just more likely to create something great if you're really into it - because you're working on the great thingy and not the money. the money just comes with being great.
I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>1806295
it actually does make a lot of sense, ty
>>
>>1806284
Because the kind of people who want money to buy trinkets and cars and houses are the kind of idiots who spend it all before they can amass any real capital.

Most extremely rich people are not the sort of people who would put a pic of a supercar as their avatar.
>>
it's a load of shit perpetuated by generations of people who refuse to put things in perspective to how life was not even half a century ago
don't pay attention
climb that class structure
>>
>>1806295
dunno, i have zero business sense but i do want more money. for me money is a way out of the treadmill. it's also a safety net. i don't want to spend it i don't want it for the things it can buy to me. i just want it for the passive income it can generate which i need to consume to live that simple.
>>
>>1806406
Yeah but it's easier to earn money by making a business that solves a problem, provides value or helps in some way. It gives you a direction, you don't just get up one day, decide to start a random business to make money. You can do that, sure, but seriously, if your central goal is to make money, it fucks you over in the long run because the goal of making a quality product of service isn't perfectly aligned with the goal of making money. Take for example a coffee shop business, if your sole goal is to earn money instead of providing good coffee and good service, you'll cut costs more than you should which hurts you in the long run. Sure, you can save money by not decorating it well, overworking and paying your workers shit wage, but the downsides of looking half assed and having crap staff which don't have time to clean stuff fuck you over long term. To be clear, making money is a goal of every business, that's a given, but the reason everybody talks about this mission and vision memery is to stop people from making the common mistake of prioritizing money at the expense of the business itself.
>>
>>1806457
the problem i see if your vision does not align with peoples expectations it's going to be a shit business. if you focus on the business being a good business ie making money then you must find what value your target audience craves.
>>
>>1806477
>if you focus on the business being a good business ie making money then you must find what value your target audience craves.
Money is a byproduct of a good business. A good business is much more than being profitable; to be profitable you have to have all this other stuff. Again, this is why you have so much stress on making a good business, paradoxically if you only focus on making money it's harder to make money.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.