[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

university's gonna fuck me in the ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: landscape-1439289681-oxford-uni.jpg (140KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-1439289681-oxford-uni.jpg
140KB, 980x490px
So I've got an offer from Oxford University to study modern languages (French and Russian). I presume I'll be going there since I'm way on path to meeting my entry requirements.

Once the excitement of the offer from there died away though, I started thinking about my future. What can I really fucking do with a modern languages degree, even if it is from somewhere like Oxford?

How do I make money from this opportunity and use my degree and time at Oxford for the best?
>>
>>1805501
If you can't think of a care you path where your major would help, then why are you majoring in it?
>>
>>1805503
I'm too academically oriented. I'm interested an languages and was determined to get into Oxford or Cambridge - just for the gold standard approval. But there's more to life than the first twenty or so years
>>
>>1805507
Just go and do it. That's a degree you can supplement with an MBA.

If I was you? I'd do the meme degree, get a job that looks good on paper (entry level job in an international department) for 2 years and then go do my MBA at a half decent business school.

That would be a pathway worth a lot of debt. Also, as someone who did a similar pathway.... play some varsity at oxford and help out a lot at charities
>>
So you have around 4 years to decide what you can do with two modern languages and a degree from Oxford. This is one of those things where you can either be working in a library or working for a multinational as a top executive.
>>
>>1805523
yes I'm hoping to use Oxford not just for the degree, but for the many advantageous societies and other such things I can get involved in there. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>1805501
You could probably get a job doing anything you want just based on your school name. Get good at networking.
>>
>What can I do with a degree from Oxford?
>What can I do being multi-lingual?

Are you fucking stupid? Just the fact that your degree would be from the most elite school in the Anglosphere is a fucking ticket to ride you stupid fuck.
>>
Soon you will realise that every job you ever get is just "business" in some way, shape, or form. And you will always benefit greatly from an MBA.
>>
File: dilma.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dilma.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>1805501
>make money with an Oxford language degree
You mean going in six figure debt that inescapable and getting little value in return?
You could do the same thing you could with a language degree from anywhere else, they're pretty much worthless.
Don't take the offer.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.