[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Property Investment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: CraftsmansBungalow.jpg (445KB, 912x513px) Image search: [Google]
CraftsmansBungalow.jpg
445KB, 912x513px
What markets do you want to get into, apartments, detached houses, renting just a single room to fund your NEET lifestyle?
What city do you live in?
Where are you looking to move?
>I want to buy up a shit ton of properties in Indonesia, 50k will get you a NICE motherufucking 3 story house 1500sq ft in Bandung and Indonesia is getting crowded by tourists.
>Live in Huntington Beach, CA
>Want to move to Lake Tahoe
>>
>>1805457
> Indonesia

Aussie here don't do this country is so unbelievably corrupt every single time something goes wrong with your house 10 times as much fix this includes legal paperwork
>>
I've looked into it, and the only way I see to directly make it work is to rent to people with bad financial skills

>buy house with suite for $150k
>collect $1200/month between the two

it's only people living hand to mouth off paychecks or welfare that pay rent like that

real estate investment trusts seem to make a lot more sense in ability to diversify, economies of scale and you don't have to do anything other than receive dividends
>>
File: Hmmm.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>1805492
10 times as much to fix?
What do you mean by this?
The materials don't suddenly get more expensive or some shit. I'm confused.
>>
>Using no money down VA loan to buy 700k+ rental property in Hawaii
>Live there when it's not being rented out and in the barracks when it is
>Let renters take my mortgage, taxes, insurance, and maintenance
>Take giant tax write off for depreciation

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.
>>
>>1805542
>crooked bureaucrats responsible for issuing building permits
>crooked contractors
>thieves stealing everything they can from work sites
>crooked building inspectors
Third-world countries stay that way for a reason, and that reason isn't capitalist exploitation. It's because anyone with any semblance of power will wring every cent they can out of it so they can afford to grease the wheels when they need shit from other corrupt officials.
>>
have u considered putting som REITs in your portfolio?
>>
>>1805654

>Stock price based on internally projected aggregates of invested real estate prices

Too wobbly. If there were a way to short the fuck out of California real estate long term I would, but I can't predict the bubble popping so I have no clue when to start my short.

Maybe if I knew people in the state government and real estate there they could give me some early warning of when to short, but sadly I have no such contacts.
>>
Where did you buy yoir first duplex from /biz/?
>>
>>1805545
>renters pay or perform own maintenance

Well at least you made one smart decision in this. I'm really confused what kind of retards you managed to snag who would agree to that though.
>>
>>1805457
>markets?
Apartments. Everything else is just completely unaffordable.

>city?
Central European capital city.

Started 1.5 years ago with my first apartment. 60 m^2, bought it for 110k and put another 40k into a complete overhaul since it hadn't been touched since the 1960s. Like >>1805513 mentioned, it's pretty tough. Real estate market went bonkers after the 2008 crash. Prices are really high, but rent hasn't caught up. My flat is in the "bad" part of town and you probably couldn't get anything much cheaper anywhere close to the city.
Everyone including the media is always going on about how we have a shortage of living space. Actually it's pretty much a renter's market, because while plenty of people are looking for rentals, only very few decent tenants are around. The market is overrun by refugees. 2-4 get together in a group and get so much money from the state, they can easily afford their own place. And it's not a bad proposition to make money, especially for the ghetto. But for my first property I wanted someone I can at least fluently talk to and who won't stack 12 Syrian peasants in there, which meant lowering rent to attract people who are not desperate. Currently sitting at roughly 500 rent, 135 utilities, 65 VAT. 500 a month is 6k a year - if I want to make back the 150k I put in, I'm looking at 20+ years (rough estimate, since from my profit I have to pay for building maintenance, but rent also goes up with the CPI while the initial investment stays the same).

So the margins are getting tight, but I'm still looking at well over 3% return a year, I love the cashflow, I have a great asset as collateral, it's an extremely stable investment - I'm pretty happy. Also looking to get more properties in a few years, now that the first has settled in and the second will be *so* much easier!

It's decent money, but not really easy money. Dealing with tenants can be a hassle, but it's a great learning experience.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.