[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freelancing Feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: PC.png (43KB, 942x720px) Image search: [Google]
PC.png
43KB, 942x720px
Freelancing feels thread.

> Be me.
> Freelance programmer.
> Making really good money for all of second half of last year, from June up until about the end of December.
> Was drunk and lazy pretty much that entire time.
> Make New Year's resolution to work harder and make more money.
> Actually follow through; double work hours and quit booze completely.
> Income actually goes down, because freelancing is about 80% luck in the short term (and I always find January and February shit months for whatever reason).

Any other freelancers know these feels?

How do you handle the income roller coaster and feeling that your income has little to do with how much you're actually working?

I'm at a point in my life where I'd really like to have more financial stability so I could spend more of my income instead of having to always save money to prepare for the next 'draught', but I just hate the idea of kissing some boss's ass. I also here jobfags talking about shit like diversity training and tech companies that just makes me want to want to stay as far away from the 9-5 world as I can possibly get. That sort of thing just isn't me.
>>
Tell me your salary
Tell me how much programming i have to know

I want to be a neet.
>>
>>1803804
Do you charge per hour, then?

As a graphic designer, I almost always charge per project. It just makes sense, given that the market value for everything I do is vastly different (photography, copywriting, web development, etc. are completely different). But most importantly, income is more steady that way, regardless of the work I put in. Clients don't care whether it took me 2 hours or 40 hours if they can bring out the company checkbook to pay me the amount we originally agreed on.
>>
>>1803804
what kind of works you do as a programmer? i am willing to be your apprentice(i use java but i can learn fast)
>>
>>1803804
freelancing is more about networking than luck
>>
>>1803804
Why not get EMPLOYED by a company to code? Probably more money anbenets to go with it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.